[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

6 minutes ago, REllU said:

@skois@whitedwarf

Update on the situation.

I ended up buying Ubiquiti's UniFi USG, setting our Huawei modem to work in Bridge mode, so that the USG is the main router, and after the basic setup, everything just worked.

NAT Loopback finally works, I can access my server through the domain name within the same network, and with that, OpenOffice connected with NextCloud without any issues at all.

I can finally breath!

Great!! I'm looking for a UDM pro, but i can't justify it.. because i have a pfsense box that does more! 
But damn, this dashboard is sexy

On 2/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, Rick_Sanchez said:

What is at 92 on your network? It sounds like something is requesting from that address - I'd say look at see if anything is mapped to that IP. Also I think you are right about the SSD, swap it out and see if that makes any improvement.

Hi there is nothing on 92 on my network. I am trying to figure out how to change the cache now and will come back when done.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:58 AM, Stubbs said:

I am still getting the X-Frame-Options error in my Nextcloud Overview:

https://i.imgur.com/1dowoxG.png

I have tried all the fixes I've found online, including the ones in this thread, and none have worked

Here is my \appdata\swag\nginx\ssl.conf file:

## Version 2020/10/29 - Changelog: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-swag/commits/master/root/defaults/ssl.conf

### Mozilla Recommendations
# generated 2020-06-17, Mozilla Guideline v5.4, nginx 1.18.0-r0, OpenSSL 1.1.1g-r0, intermediate configuration
# https://ssl-config.mozilla.org/#server=nginx&version=1.18.0-r0&config=intermediate&openssl=1.1.1g-r0&guideline=5.4

ssl_session_timeout 1d;
ssl_session_cache shared:MozSSL:10m;  # about 40000 sessions
ssl_session_tickets off;

# intermediate configuration
ssl_protocols TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3;
ssl_ciphers [removed];
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers off;

# OCSP stapling
ssl_stapling on;
ssl_stapling_verify on;

### Linuxserver.io Defaults

# Certificates
ssl_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;
ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/letsencrypt/privkey.pem;
# verify chain of trust of OCSP response using Root CA and Intermediate certs
ssl_trusted_certificate /config/keys/letsencrypt/fullchain.pem;

# Diffie-Hellman Parameters
ssl_dhparam /config/nginx/dhparams.pem;

# Resolver
resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s; # Docker DNS Server

# Enable TLS 1.3 early data
ssl_early_data on;

# HSTS, remove # from the line below to enable HSTS
#add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload" always;

# Optional additional headers
#add_header Cache-Control "no-transform" always;
#add_header Content-Security-Policy "upgrade-insecure-requests; frame-ancestors 'self'";
#add_header Referrer-Policy "same-origin" always;
#add_header X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff" always;
add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" always;
#add_header X-UA-Compatible "IE=Edge" always;
#add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block" always;

and here is my nextcloud.subdomain.conf file:

## Version 2020/12/09
# make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
# assuming this container is called "swag", edit your nextcloud container's config
# located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
#  'trusted_proxies' => ['swag'],
#  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
#  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
#
# Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
#  array (
#    0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
#    1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  ),

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" always;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_app nextcloud;
        set $upstream_port 443;
        set $upstream_proto https;
        proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;

proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
    }
}

You shouldn't be changing anything in your ssl.conf, all your changes should happen in proxy-confs. 

I leave my ssl.conf alone, haven't touched it in years. 

Duck DNS?

Hello,

I've just set up Nextcloud, by following Space Invader One's video's about it.

When I was done with his videos it came up with the error about untrusted domains, and gave me this link:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/20/admin_manual/installation/installation_wizard.html#trusted-domains

So I went in, and added my subdomain, and rebooted.

Then it gave another error I forgot, so I tried to reverse it, by removing the sub domain, and now it says;

"Your data directory is invalid Ensure there is a file called ".ocdata" in the root of the data directory."

- So I checked if the file was missing, and it's not.

image.png.91b8f8d768099e3c9a61f837a5e1a1ae.png

I tried googling the error, and some places it says something about cron jobs.

I'm not sure how to proceed from now on, and I would prefer not to set it up again.

Does anyone have a solution?

Edited by Nanobug
17 hours ago, exist2resist said:

You shouldn't be changing anything in your ssl.conf, all your changes should happen in proxy-confs. 

I leave my ssl.conf alone, haven't touched it in years. 

Duck DNS?

One of the pieces of advice recommended earlier in this thread was to change exactly that.

I did, and it didn't work.

Yes, I set up my CNAMES on LuaDNS, and they're pointing towards a DuckDNS URL.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:31 PM, mrvilla said:

Hi suddenly could not longer access my nextcloud. both remote and local is unavailable

When entering the server there was loads and loads of error messages regarding the cache disk. It is an intel SSD and for some reason it had plenty of read errors.

This might cause the entire nextcloud to go down, I do not know. 

I will see if changing the ssd can fix the issue, but I guess that there is more to it than that.

The error message i get is:

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

Remote Address: 192.168.0.92

Request ID: gAiXEogaBirsFLW0AM59

Not sure why it is referring to 92 when I am using 100. I have checked the server and the router and it is both confirming that the server is at 100. I also use 100 when logging into the server so where the 92 is comming from is unknown for me

Hi

AN update.

I have now changed the cache disk and everything is up an running but the Nextcloud is still giving me the same error message. There is nothing on my network on 92.

Any ideas?

I will see if I find the log files to attach here but not entirely sure where they are saved.

EDIT: I figure it out.

I remembered that I was struggling with an update a week or two ago.

I therefore went in and tried to update using the terminal. That went like a charm and now everything is working fine.

Edited by mrvilla

Would anyone have any thoughts regarding my Nextcloud going into "Maintenance Mode"? I was doing a update to the next stable update released and it seemed to be working fine. Then it said there was a error and went into Maintenance Mode where I can not access anything in my Nextcloud. My Nextcloud app in Unraid is up to date (and was prior to me updating it in Nextcloud.

Would anyone here know how I can fix this??  Will I end up having to completely delete and reinstall nextcloud in Unraid??  Surely not, but if I cant even log in to Nextcloud what else could I do???

Edited by SPOautos
8 hours ago, SPOautos said:

Would anyone have any thoughts regarding my Nextcloud going into "Maintenance Mode"? I was doing a update to the next stable update released and it seemed to be working fine. Then it said there was a error and went into Maintenance Mode where I can not access anything in my Nextcloud. My Nextcloud app in Unraid is up to date (and was prior to me updating it in Nextcloud.

Would anyone here know how I can fix this??  Will I end up having to completely delete and reinstall nextcloud in Unraid??  Surely not, but if I cant even log in to Nextcloud what else could I do???

Try with opening the Nextcloud console (click on Nextcloud icon on Docker page) and run this command: sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

3 hours ago, whitedwarf said:

Don't know if it will help but I have the IP of my unraid server and the domain name of my nextcloud instance (nextcloud.mydomain.com) in the trusted domains. I would suggest you change that back and try to solve the other error.

I started over today, and did the same thing.

Now it works.

I don't know why it didn't work the first time.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:36 AM, REllU said:

I went through this few weeks ago, I can't quite remember how I ended up with this one, but the "onlyoffice document server" from "Jidovu Marius Adrian's Repository" works for me.

Thank you so much. So I tried to set this docker with nextcloud and this is the error i see in the onlyoffice docker logs:

[2021-02-18T01:55:51.651] [ERROR] nodeJS - error downloadFile:url=https://nextcloud_local_IP:PORT/apps/onlyoffice/empty?doc=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY3Rpb24iOiJlbXB0eSJ9.k_tE7DNfNBVA9l62Ze27ISHoDOKGNGNThmrL1TZ-Ex0;attempt=3;code:DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT;connect:null;(id=conv_check_1265043125_docx)
Error: self signed certificate

NOTE: I have removed my local nextcloud IP and port from above error

----------------------------------------------------------------

AND - I see this error in nextcloud when I click on "save" button after entering my document editing service address:

Error when trying to connect (Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.) (version 5.4.2.46)

- I see no errors in nextcloud logs

is there a workaround or fix for this, seems like something to do with the cert?

- I am able to open up onlyoffice docker internally and externally with my domain url no issues using https. and page shows document server is running.

- I am using SWAG, i basically copied the key and crt files from SWAG/keys/ directory to onlyoffice/DocumentServer/data/certs/onlyoffice.crt onlyoffice.key

- I have renamed the onlyoffice docker to documentserver

- in SWAG changed the onlyoffice proxy confg file to the following:

# only office doc server

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

server_name subdomain.*;   < --removed my actual subdomain

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
                set $upstream_docs documentserver;
                proxy_pass https://$upstream_docs:443;
                proxy_redirect off;
                proxy_set_header Host $host;
                proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $server_name;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        }
}

could someone please look at the details above and able to help me out. Please let me know if any other information is required.

I hope in near future there can be a simpler way to integrate these 2 together.

Recently I switched ISP together with their mandatory router. Unfortunately the new router has a different IP range 192.168.1.* instead of my previous 192.168.0.*. and it doesn't allow me to change that.

So that meant that my Nextcloud/mariadb/swag setup wasn't going to work anymore.

I changed a few settings in the /appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php file to the correct ip addresses and also the nextcloud.subdomain.conf file in Swag. Also I portmapped everything again on the new router which seem to work, my DNS also works.

But anyone know why Nextcloud won't run when I try to access it locally but does work when accessed outside my own network? I just don't get it why it's doing that?

43 minutes ago, jonasdegent said:

Recently I switched ISP together with their mandatory router. Unfortunately the new router has a different IP range 192.168.1.* instead of my previous 192.168.0.*. and it doesn't allow me to change that.

So that meant that my Nextcloud/mariadb/swag setup wasn't going to work anymore.

I changed a few settings in the /appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php file to the correct ip addresses and also the nextcloud.subdomain.conf file in Swag. Also I portmapped everything again on the new router which seem to work, my DNS also works.

But anyone know why Nextcloud won't run when I try to access it locally but does work when accessed outside my own network? I just don't get it why it's doing that?

You need to set the IP in config.php if I remember correctly. Under the trusted domains array.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:17 PM, Coy said:

Im having issues with a nextcloud update that I just did. It tells me "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3. You are currently running 7.4.14." Im really not sure what to do. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: I finally figured out how to change versions. I tried 20.0.7,20.0.6,20.0.5. I landed on 20.0.4 and im working again.

OK, how do u do that ?

1 hour ago, jonasdegent said:

I did change that. I can't access it when I'm on my own network, even with the DNS. If I go outside my network, for example my phone on 4G, it works.

I read it as you used the IP locally. Your new router most likely doesn't support NAT hairpin or split DNS. That's what makes the domain work locally also.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:23 PM, GGabs said:

Thank you so much. So I tried to set this docker with nextcloud and this is the error i see in the onlyoffice docker logs:

[2021-02-18T01:55:51.651] [ERROR] nodeJS - error downloadFile:url=https://nextcloud_local_IP:PORT/apps/onlyoffice/empty?doc=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY3Rpb24iOiJlbXB0eSJ9.k_tE7DNfNBVA9l62Ze27ISHoDOKGNGNThmrL1TZ-Ex0;attempt=3;code:DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT;connect:null;(id=conv_check_1265043125_docx)
Error: self signed certificate

NOTE: I have removed my local nextcloud IP and port from above error

AND - I see this error in nextcloud when I click on "save" button after entering my document editing service address:

Error when trying to connect (Error occurred in the document service: Error while downloading the document file to be converted.) (version 5.4.2.46)

- I see no errors in nextcloud logs

is there a workaround or fix for this, seems like something to do with the cert?

- I am able to open up onlyoffice docker internally and externally with my domain url no issues using https. and page shows document server is running.

- I am using SWAG, i basically copied the key and crt files from SWAG/keys/ directory to onlyoffice/DocumentServer/data/certs/onlyoffice.crt onlyoffice.key

- I have renamed the onlyoffice docker to documentserver

- in SWAG changed the onlyoffice proxy confg file to the following:

# only office doc server

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

server_name subdomain.*;   < --removed my actual subdomain

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
                set $upstream_docs documentserver;
                proxy_pass https://$upstream_docs:443;
                proxy_redirect off;
                proxy_set_header Host $host;
                proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $server_name;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        }
}

could someone please look at the details above and able to help me out. Please let me know if any other information is required.

I hope in near future there can be a simpler way to integrate these 2 together.

any opinions?

Also i have done in the docker console for onlyoffice wget command and oo docker can connect to nc.domain.com fine it seems, output bellow:

# wget https://nc.domain.com

--2021-02-18 23:13:40-- https://nc.domain.com/

Resolving nc.domain.com (nc.domain.com)... xxx.xx.xx.xx

Connecting to nc.domain.com (nc.domain.com)|xxx.xx.xx.xx|:443... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

--2021-02-18 23:13:40-- https://nc.domain.com/login

Reusing existing connection to nc.domain.com:443.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK

Length: 10301 (10K) [text/html]

Saving to: ‘index.html’

index.html 100%[====================================================>] 10.06K --.-KB/s in 0s

2021-02-18 23:13:40 (442 MB/s) - ‘index.html’ saved [10301/10301]

#

so after 3 days of troubleshooting, integration is finally working. after surfing endless support pages on the internet a solution from 2018 on onlyoffice support forum worked. for anyone who runs into same error hope this helps:

changed value of "rejectUnauthorized": from true to false in /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/default.json

restart OO docker and tried connecting again in NC and it worked right away.

cheers!

Edited by GGabs
15 hours ago, saarg said:

I read it as you used the IP locally. Your new router most likely doesn't support NAT hairpin or split DNS. That's what makes the domain work locally also.

I started looking for this and my ISP indeed doesn't support NAT hairpin. So how can I access my Nextcloud installation locally? I notice when I use my local LAN ip for my Nextcould it always reroutes directly to the domain name one. Is there a way around this?

UNRAID VER. 6.8.3 NEXTCLOUD VER. 15.0.2 UPDATE ISSUE. (SELF INDUCED)

Mistake 1

I thought that when I updated the nextcloud docker I was updating the Nextcloud Application. I was wrong. I am way behind in the version of nextcloud that i'm using.
I found a manual update method on one of "linuxserver.io" guides by using the unraid terminal and entered “docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar”
It seems to have run…

Current version is 15.0.2.

Update to Nextcloud 16.0.11 available. (channel: “stable”)
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-16.0.11.zip

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[] Check for expected files
[] Check for write permissions
[] Create backup
[] Downloading
[] Verify integrity
[] Extracting
[] Enable maintenance mode
[] Replace entry points
[] Delete old files
[] Move new files in place
[] Done

Update of code successful.

Should the “occ upgrade” command be executed? [Y/n] n
Please now execute “./occ upgrade” to finish the upgrade.
root@StorageBox:~#

Mistake 2

I didn’t answer Y to the question. “Should the “occ upgrade” command be executed? [Y/n]”

Now I can’t figure out how to get back to run this script.

Is all lost? Is there hope of recovery? Should I delete this docker and start over?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kopyguy

Also as a side question is the Maria Database falling behind too? I've only done the docker updates on it. 

6 hours ago, jonasdegent said:

I started looking for this and my ISP indeed doesn't support NAT hairpin. So how can I access my Nextcloud installation locally? I notice when I use my local LAN ip for my Nextcould it always reroutes directly to the domain name one. Is there a way around this?

I'm not sure how to do that.

7 hours ago, jonasdegent said:

Share your config.php.
probably need to remove overwritehost line, but i don't know if it will have impact when accessing from external.