[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 2/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, cristiano1492 said:

Hi guys, 

trying to install nextcloud.

Installed and setup MARIADB to work with

installed Nextcloud docker

tried to open the GUI and I got an internal server error

removed the docker and re installed again, reboot the server, but the problem is still there.

No idea why is happening

here the screenshot with the error statement

Any suggestion ?

thx a lot

errore nextcloud.jpg

I too received this message, i was able to solve it after retrying the installation from scratch.

-removed nextcloud and mariadb

-settings run clean up

-remove any shares/folders.

Just move any data files  you have to temp location. Once everything is back and running i moved it back.

clean install was problem free.

On 2/25/2021 at 2:13 PM, capt.shitface said:

Got some trouble while upgrade via web-gui.
Tried the updater.phar in docker instead. it says

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity

[   ] Extracting ...PHP Warning:  require(/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658
PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658
root@c3af26c4f37e:/data# cd /config/www/nextcloud/updater/

Im stuck.

Get anywhere with this? I'm having the same issue.

6 hours ago, TBoneStaek said:

Get anywhere with this? I'm having the same issue.

No. I deleted the Docker and used CA CLEANUP APPDATA to clean-up appdata. Then reinstalled. Not too much work because database and /data is not affected.
Be ware, 2FFA didn't work after reinstall, i had to use backup-codes to login and the "reinstall and re-activate" 2FFA. 

1 hour ago, capt.shitface said:

No. I deleted the Docker and used CA CLEANUP APPDATA to clean-up appdata. Then reinstalled. Not too much work because database and /data is not affected.
Be ware, 2FFA didn't work after reinstall, i had to use backup-codes to login and the "reinstall and re-activate" 2FFA. 

But doing appdata cleanup, you have to re-link the database correct? You didn't restore any of your appdata from a backup right?

What about Users and Settings and such?

Edited by TBoneStaek
More clarifying questions

Hello guys, i just got into unraid in the last few days, and i follow Spaceinvader One's video on how to set up nextcloud and reverse Proxy.

It was easy to setup nextcloud for home network, i can connect to it no problem.

But when i tried to configure a reverse proxy, it showed the Welcome to your SWAG instance picture below. I can connect to my domain that i typed in swag docker on my phone network, still the same picture though, so i think it is not a port forwarding problem.

I did everything exactly the same as the video except i am using the new swag docker.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 000000.png

Edited by vinckcent
typo mistake
4 hours ago, TBoneStaek said:

But doing appdata cleanup, you have to re-link the database correct? You didn't restore any of your appdata from a backup right?

What about Users and Settings and such?

Correct! 

I run MariaDB docker. I just connected to that, logged in with my user/admin-account with backup codes. 

Also deleted the "upgrade-xxxxxx" folder in /data
Ofcourse all the settings in Nextcloud (apps etc.) was gone, but users and data was OK

Edited by capt.shitface

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the webserver log.

Anyone know where to find this log?   I am having a hell of a time updating my nextcloud to latest version lol.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, kerpster said:

Finally after weeks of working to get my system back up and running i got it updated ish... i am still having an issue accessing the settings-system section. i cant tell what version i am on, nor can i update the system if there is an update to be done. i know i am a noob so any help will need to be explained in detail. thanks.

nextcloud settings error.PNG

It seems that this is becoming more and more of an issue. Any chance anyone has figure out how to fix this? i get it while trying to access settings-system...

25 minutes ago, kerpster said:

It seems that this is becoming more and more of an issue. Any chance anyone has figure out how to fix this? i get it while trying to access settings-system...

I decided to google a bunch of stuff and typed this into my terminal for my docker...

docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

Turns out i am on the latest version of Nextcloud but still cant figure out why i cant get to the system settings. i have also looked at the occ list to see if it was disabled and it is in fact enabled... i have run out of ideas.

On 3/2/2021 at 12:21 AM, vinckcent said:

Hello guys, i just got into unraid in the last few days, and i follow Spaceinvader One's video on how to set up nextcloud and reverse Proxy.

It was easy to setup nextcloud for home network, i can connect to it no problem.

But when i tried to configure a reverse proxy, it showed the Welcome to your SWAG instance picture below. I can connect to my domain that i typed in swag docker on my phone network, still the same picture though, so i think it is not a port forwarding problem.

I did everything exactly the same as the video except i am using the new swag docker.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 000000.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 001506.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 001542.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 001838.png

Screenshot 2021-03-02 001935.png

Ok I later searched lets-encrypt and nextcloud instead of swag and nextcloud, and I found the solution for my case.

If you are using Windows and notepad++, remember to change (Save as type:) to (all types (*.*)), otherwise notepad++ will save your file as txt. I know it is quite dumb for me, but this maybe the solution for you if you face the same problem.

Hello  All hoping that someone might be able to help me out with.   Thank you so much in advance.  

I recently did a complete fresh re-install of the Nextcloud docker.   With removal of nextcloud from docker tab, and removal of appdata folder using krusader.    I have been able to completely reinstall and is all appeared to be working.  

I got to re-installing the apps I use specifically getting to the Ransomware proection app. (just updated to NC 21).  

Unfortunately at reinstalling this app (which I had been using before prior to doing my complete wipe and redo)..  I am now getting the below error which comes about ever 1 minute while the app is enabled..   I had already asked the developer of app he suggested I come here (https://discord.com/channels/354974912613449730/506925392603512839/816299887062679582). . 

Below is the two errors that repeat every minute..  Any help figuring this out would be great... 

{"reqId":"MTxiAMraajXQ8KWpfa5C","level":3,"time":"2021-03-02T05:39:54+00:00","remoteAddr":"XXX?.XXX.XX.XXX","user"mynextcloud:"mynextcloud","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/ocs/v2.php/search/providers/settings/search?term=ransom&from=%2Fsettings%2Fapps","message":{"Exception":"Error","Message":"include(): Failed opening 'ransomware_protection/personal.php' for inclusion (include_path='/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Crypt_Blowfish:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Date:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Exception:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Idna:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Imap_Client:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_ListHeaders:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Mail:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Mime:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Nls:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Secret:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Smtp:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Socket_Client:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Stream:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Stream_Filter:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Stream_Wrapper:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Support:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Text_Filter:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Text_Flowed:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Translation:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Util:/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pear/archive_tar:/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pear/console_getopt:/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/config/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/pear/pear_exception:/config/www/nextcloud/apps') at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php#660","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php","line":660,"function":"onError","class":"OC\Log\ErrorHandler","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php","line":660,"function":"include"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Settings/Manager.php","line":258,"function":"getForms","class":"OC_App","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Search/SectionSearch.php","line":99,"function":"getPersonalSections","class":"OC\Settings\Manager","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Search/SearchComposer.php","line":162,"function":"search","class":"OCA\Settings\Search\SectionSearch","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/UnifiedSearchController.php","line":110,"function":"search","class":"OC\Search\SearchComposer","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":218,"function":"search","class":"OC\Core\Controller\UnifiedSearchController","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":127,"function":"executeController","class":"OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":157,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":302,"function":"main","class":"OC\AppFramework\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php","line":63,"function":"match","class":"OC\Route\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/ocs/v2.php","line":24,"args":["/config/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php"],"function":"require_once"}],"File":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log/ErrorHandler.php","Line":92,"CustomMessage":"--"},"userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.182 Safari/537.36","version":"21.0.0.18","id":"603dcfc106e67"}

second error

{"reqId":"MTxiAMraajXQ8KWpfa5C","level":3,"time":"2021-03-02T05:39:54+00:00","remoteAddr":"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx","user":mynextcloud"","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/ocs/v2.php/search/providers/settings/search?term=ransom&from=%2Fsettings%2Fapps","message":{"Exception":"Error","Message":"include(ransomware_protection/personal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory at /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php#660","Code":0,"Trace":[{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php","line":660,"function":"onError","class":"OC\Log\ErrorHandler","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/legacy/OC_App.php","line":660,"function":"include"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Settings/Manager.php","line":258,"function":"getForms","class":"OC_App","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Search/SectionSearch.php","line":99,"function":"getPersonalSections","class":"OC\Settings\Manager","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Search/SearchComposer.php","line":162,"function":"search","class":"OCA\Settings\Search\SectionSearch","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/core/Controller/UnifiedSearchController.php","line":110,"function":"search","class":"OC\Search\SearchComposer","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":218,"function":"search","class":"OC\Core\Controller\UnifiedSearchController","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php","line":127,"function":"executeController","class":"OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php","line":157,"function":"dispatch","class":"OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Route/Router.php","line":302,"function":"main","class":"OC\AppFramework\App","type":"::"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php","line":63,"function":"match","class":"OC\Route\Router","type":"->"},{"file":"/config/www/nextcloud/ocs/v2.php","line":24,"args":["/config/www/nextcloud/ocs/v1.php"],"function":"require_once"}],"File":"/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Log/ErrorHandler.php","Line":92,"CustomMessage":"--"},"userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/88.0.4324.182 Safari/537.36","version":"21.0.0.18","id":"603dcfc106fbc"}

I am running the linuxserver version of nextcloud docker on Unraid system 6.8.3 With setup cloudflare and SWAG for reverse proxy
Happy to provide additional information to help figure this out :)

Happy to provide more info just unclear what else will be helpful.... 

10 hours ago, Aceriz said:

Hello  All hoping that someone might be able to help me out with.   Thank you so much in advance.  

I recently did a complete fresh re-install of the Nextcloud docker.   With removal of nextcloud from docker tab, and removal of appdata folder using krusader.    I have been able to completely reinstall and is all appeared to be working.  

I got to re-installing the apps I use specifically getting to the Ransomware proection app. (just updated to NC 21).  

Unfortunately at reinstalling this app (which I had been using before prior to doing my complete wipe and redo)..  I am now getting the below error which comes about ever 1 minute while the app is enabled..   I had already asked the developer of app he suggested I come here (https://discord.com/channels/354974912613449730/506925392603512839/816299887062679582). . 

Below is the two errors that repeat every minute..  Any help figuring this out would be great... 

Happy to provide more info just unclear what else will be helpful.... 

Its from the ransomware protection app, i have simillar errors, There is a open issue on github
https://github.com/nextcloud/ransomware_protection/issues/88

7 hours ago, skois said:

Its from the ransomware protection app, i have simillar errors, There is a open issue on github

I had created that issue,  but as per the developer he had expressed that it might be an issue with the nextcloud primary install.. so thought this might be an appropriate area to inquire as well.   If you are able to  figure out a solution please let me know

1 hour ago, Aceriz said:

I had created that issue,  but as per the developer he had expressed that it might be an issue with the nextcloud primary install.. so thought this might be an appropriate area to inquire as well.   If you are able to  figure out a solution please let me know

for now i just disabled the app, as i only have couple of users, but they are using only webui, not client apps.

Also because the app blocks ".lock" files i had some problem syncing some files from my repo which i was doing some Helm Charts (they included a Chart.lock). 
I'll soon use a truenas as a storage device, so with snapshots i wont have any problems with ransom.

Does anybody know, how to get the new so called "high Performace backend" to work, which is one of Nextclouds 21 features?

After some research i found, that this Plugin needs to be installed and set up: https://github.com/nextcloud/notify_push

But I was not able to get it to work inside of this LinuxServer Docker container, because it said that this installation is not using systemd, which makes sense as this is a Docker conatainer.

But what is the process for setting up this pluging in a Docker conatiner?

Hello,
I'm getting this erorr, when I'm trying to login.

image.png.5f833ed32c7c6e00b8494f481ea355ea.png

I do get to the login page:
image.png.c5b5443e76908074db03d5f9016266fe.png

- I just can't loging.

The log said this:

2021/03/04 13:23:10 [error] 393#393: *28 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: X.X.X.X, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "X.X.X.X"
2021/03/04 13:32:11 [error] 393#393: *98 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: X.X.X.X, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "subdomain.domain.com"

I've changed my domain and local IP.

I tried a different browser as well.

Then I tried using a direct link to a zipped file, that one works.

So it seems like the login part of Nextcloud is messed up for some reason.

I'm not sure what version I'm running exactly, because I don't know where to find it.

But I did check for an update before this post, so it's the latest version as of this post.

I've tried rebooting the container and the proxy manager as well.

I tried looking at the nginx configuration files, but I don't know exactly what to look for.

Does anyone have a solution for that?

Edited by Nanobug
On 3/3/2021 at 11:47 AM, skois said:

for now i just disabled the app, as i only have couple of users, but they are using only webui, not client apps.

Also because the app blocks ".lock" files i had some problem syncing some files from my repo which i was doing some Helm Charts (they included a Chart.lock). 
I'll soon use a truenas as a storage device, so with snapshots i wont have any problems with ransom.

Hey so I see that you said you got the fix from the developer working... mind if I ask how you applied the patch?

I have tried uninstalling the app in nextcloud app page.  restarting the containter and then reinstalling the app.. (but I think it is just pulling the old 1.9.0 version.. not the one with the patch that has been committed.

Thanks

Edited by Aceriz
5 hours ago, Aceriz said:
Hey so I see that you said you got the fix from the developer working... mind if I ask how you applied the patch?

I have tried uninstalling the app in nextcloud app page.  restarting the containter and then reinstalling the app.. (but I think it is just pulling the old 1.9.0 version.. not the one with the patch that has been committed.

Thanks

I'm not the one that applied the patch, I was planning to do it today maybe.

It should be as easy as overwriting the mentioned file from github to the container.
But since this is merged, wait a couple of days, it will be a release i believe

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Edited by skois
22 hours ago, Nanobug said:

Hello,
I'm getting this erorr, when I'm trying to login.

image.png.5f833ed32c7c6e00b8494f481ea355ea.png

I do get to the login page:
image.png.c5b5443e76908074db03d5f9016266fe.png

- I just can't loging.

The log said this:

2021/03/04 13:23:10 [error] 393#393: *28 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: X.X.X.X, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "X.X.X.X"
2021/03/04 13:32:11 [error] 393#393: *98 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: X.X.X.X, server: _, request: "POST /login HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "subdomain.domain.com"

I've changed my domain and local IP.

I tried a different browser as well.

Then I tried using a direct link to a zipped file, that one works.

So it seems like the login part of Nextcloud is messed up for some reason.

I'm not sure what version I'm running exactly, because I don't know where to find it.

But I did check for an update before this post, so it's the latest version as of this post.

I've tried rebooting the container and the proxy manager as well.

I tried looking at the nginx configuration files, but I don't know exactly what to look for.

Does anyone have a solution for that?

I can't tell you what happened, but I removed the container and installed it again, using all of the same files and configuration, and it works now.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, kerpster said:

Finally after weeks of working to get my system back up and running i got it updated ish... i am still having an issue accessing the settings-system section. i cant tell what version i am on, nor can i update the system if there is an update to be done. i know i am a noob so any help will need to be explained in detail. thanks.

nextcloud settings error.PNG

So still no word on this.... Any chance anyone is able to share some incite?

Edited by kerpster

Has anyone gotten around the 'Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/webfinger"'   error? I've deleted the 'default' and restarted the app, pulling down the new "default' site-config, but I'm still getting the "webfinger" error