[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

3 minutes ago, Myleslewis said:

I think at this point, all I can do is do a complete removal of nextcloud and reinstall it all from scratch.

I would like to say thank you so much for taking so much time in helping me troubleshoot what's happening and why I can't access my nextcloud.

You're a credit to the forum !

I hope you don't have any problems with your new installation! Instead of swag you can also check the nginxproxymanager which is a gui alternative. I like it better cause is easier for certificates and proxies!

1 minute ago, skois said:

I hope you don't have any problems with your new installation! Instead of swag you can also check the nginxproxymanager which is a gui alternative. I like it better cause is easier for certificates and proxies!

Thank you, I'm going to take a break from it for a couple of days and come back to it I think.

I did try installing nginxproxymanager and use that instead of swag to see if that would fix it but I couldn't get it working, though that's going to me purely user error. Will have another crack it at over the weekend perhaps :)

• Like 1

First time installing NextCloud w/ Mariadb and phphmyadmin. 

I am able to install all the above and I configured passwords/users ok. However, I am getting ONE persistent error. If troubleshooting is extensive on this one, I can start from scratch and wipe out everything. This is a first time install.

Has anyone seen this error before and how to address it?

image.thumb.png.5f20187458e8271f4fe1f30bc0ae9d1a.png

1 hour ago, Huge Yeti said:

First time installing NextCloud w/ Mariadb and phphmyadmin. 

I am able to install all the above and I configured passwords/users ok. However, I am getting ONE persistent error. If troubleshooting is extensive on this one, I can start from scratch and wipe out everything. This is a first time install.

Has anyone seen this error before and how to address it?

image.thumb.png.5f20187458e8271f4fe1f30bc0ae9d1a.png

I see in nextcloud forum couple people with the same problem, but i see nextcloud have addressed it.
Try again from scratch following this video. If it doesn't work you could try in a couple of days again, maybe need some time for the patch to be included in the nextcloud image.

4 hours ago, skois said:

I see in nextcloud forum couple people with the same problem, but i see nextcloud have addressed it.
Try again from scratch following this video. If it doesn't work you could try in a couple of days again, maybe need some time for the patch to be included in the nextcloud image.

This worked perfect. Up and running and configuring. Thank you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ToTesFeuer said:

Hello I have a big problem and can not get any further....

I have updated the apps on my Nextcloud and now my Nextcloud does not start anymore.

In the changelog it shows me as an error:

PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/composer/../rubix/tensor/src/constants.php' (include_path='/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Crypt_Blowfish:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Date:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Exception:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Idna:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Imap_Client:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_ListHeaders:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Mail:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_ManageSieve:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Mime:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Nls:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Secret:/config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/pear-pear.horde.org/Horde_Smtp:/config/www/n in /config/www/nextcloud/apps/mail/vendor/composer/autoload_real.php on line 73

Thanks for any help!

Where exactly do you get this error? This error shounldn't stop nextcloud from working.

Fill this template so we have more info what's happening. And someone here might hop in to help

On 3/23/2021 at 2:36 PM, skois said:

I created a template to fill when someone have a problem, so we get as much info as we can and also avoid multiple posts asking to post this and that.

If you have anything else in mind to add to template or change, please tell me.

Because this forum don't render markdown, here is the link of the template.

https://github.com/stavros-k/unraid_issue_templates/blob/55eea02eef3d80eb7d5a87f2bb6fbc4f6bda6940/Issue Template.md

55 minutes ago, skois said:

So you think someone will just open a screenshot with hundreds of lines in which CANT use search function. And is also cropped out and most of the info is not in the picture? 
Also nextcloud log also missing. (nextcloud.log).

I can't find the log file.

I don't feel like looking for it any more. I will delete Nextcloud. Far too many problems.

Thanks for your help anyway

Getting an error message on nextcloud instances using mysql docker about support for version 21 of nextcloud.  Does anyone know how to deal with this?  I presume a merge to Mariadb would be the answer but I don't know how to do that.  Any hints?  Better still, a procedure to take away the guesswork.

21 hours ago, ToTesFeuer said:

I can't find the log file.

I don't feel like looking for it any more. I will delete Nextcloud. Far too many problems.

Thanks for your help anyway

It appears the issue is with the mail app.  It is possible to log into a terminal and uninstall it.  Then you do a repair and it will probably start.  Once you get it started you can deal with the mail app.  The issue with the mail app will probably be in the database engine.  I'll offer to help if you want to persist with it.

I installed nextcloud a few weeks ago and all was going well. I then tried installing OnlyOffice which I believe is the culprit of the issue.

When starting the docker container I am now getting the following error: "It looks like you are trying to reinstall your Nextcloud. However the file CAN_INSTALL is missing from your config directory. Please create the file CAN_INSTALL in your config folder to continue."
I am not sure of exactly what I need to be doing to fix this. I could start all over again, but there is some data I would like to salvage if possible.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:01 PM, Maldar said:

I'm tryin to add an SMTP account and I keep getting an error I'm not sure what to do with:

A problem occurred while sending the email. Please revise your settings. (Error: Expected response code 250 but got code "501", with message "501 Syntactically invalid HELO argument(s)
 " Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport << 220 xxx.mail01.xxxxx.net ESMTP Exim 4.90_1 Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:51:28 -0400
 >> EHLO _

I've verified the server and login information are correct.  I can't seem to find anything about this specific error.

I know this is quite an old post, but I've had this same error myself and I couldn't find a solution after a lot of Googling. I also couldn't see a response in this thread which helped. I have found a solution though, so in case anyone else ends up down a rabbit hole, here's what I've discovered. Keep in mind I'm not sure if I'm taking a hammer to crack a nut.

In `\nginx\site-confs\default` the server_name is set to '_' which gets passed through to swiftmailer, causing it to send '_' as part of the EHLO. Some SMTP servers will reject this as it's not a valid domain name.

You can edit 'server_name' to the name or host of your server (or anything really) and that will filter through to swiftmailer.

This seems to be a configuration specific to the LinuxServer.io image for nextcloud. What I don't understand is why this isn't causing more issues - are people just not using smtp, or are they using smtp servers that are more forgiving about hostnames? That's why I'm a little unsure of my "fix", I feel like I've missed something in the docs around configuration but I can't find mention of it anywhere.

I have an issue, not sure if this is common.

I was using the openoffice docker to edit my nextcloud documents within nextcloud.  It has not stopped, saying the docker 30day licenses has expired.

How to I resolve this issue please?  I stopped the docker and now i get this issues.

Is there a new method to setup only office or any other way to edit documents within nextcloud?

2 hours ago, Greygoose said:

I have an issue, not sure if this is common.

I was using the openoffice docker to edit my nextcloud documents within nextcloud.  It has not stopped, saying the docker 30day licenses has expired.

How to I resolve this issue please?  I stopped the docker and now i get this issues.

Is there a new method to setup only office or any other way to edit documents within nextcloud?

That is a question for the onlyoffice container you are using and not our nextcloud container.

On 11/27/2018 at 5:29 PM, LifeBasher said:

Does any1 know how to put thumbnail on the video listed in files folder? i know there's stuff about libreoffice and ffmpeg but how can we install that on unraid? :S any idea?

Thanks

I am also wondering how to install ffmpeg to be able to generate thumbnail for video files.

Does anyone know how to do this?

On 1/23/2021 at 5:42 PM, skois said:

I'm having hard time setting up PreviewGenerator. I'm following this great guide, and when i try to run 

occ config:app:set previewgenerator widthSizes  --value="256 384"

i'm getting 

Too many arguments to "config:app:set" command, expected arguments "app" "name".                                                                                     
config:app:set [--output [OUTPUT]] [--value VALUE] [--update-only] [--] <app> <name>

I have found issue on github, that says to run the command as an abc user. But then i get that abc user is not it the sudoers file.

I also opened an issue on github but didn't have any activity from someone who knows. I can't find out if this is a problem of the Preview Generator or of the LSIO docker.

Any ideas?

@skois idk if you ever got this answered, but here's the format in case you still need it:

root@048509f9b924:/# sudo -u abc  /usr/bin/php -f ./config/www/nextcloud/occ config:app:set previewgenerator squareSizes --va
lue="32 256"

Just open the console, run that, and you're set (modify to suit) - the issue with yours above is:

* Since their shell defaults to bash, you must first call php - bash doesn't understand the command context as it's php input (the application itself is being modified, so we're in effect 'writing in php' here - pretty much everything in this docker is web code, written in php)

* all executions of code by the LSIO docker are done by user 'abc' - as this is the user running the web apps, we use the same user to make changes to those apps, and -

* when executing under that user, it doesn't have 'occ' as an available command in /usr/bin - abc is a restricted/non-root account, and because that user doesn't have the command linked in bin, you have to call the source path for the command. If you're more familiar with Windows, you could think of this like running an application that's only installed under another users Windows profile (sorta...)

If you didn't already have it sorted, hope this helps!

2 hours ago, BVD said:

@skois idk if you ever got this answered, but here's the format in case you still need it:

root@048509f9b924:/# sudo -u abc  /usr/bin/php -f ./config/www/nextcloud/occ config:app:set previewgenerator squareSizes --va
lue="32 256"

Just open the console, run that, and you're set (modify to suit) - the issue with yours above is:

* Since their shell defaults to bash, you must first call php - bash doesn't understand the command context as it's php input (the application itself is being modified, so we're in effect 'writing in php' here - pretty much everything in this docker is web code, written in php)

* all executions of code by the LSIO docker are done by user 'abc' - as this is the user running the web apps, we use the same user to make changes to those apps, and -

* when executing under that user, it doesn't have 'occ' as an available command in /usr/bin - abc is a restricted/non-root account, and because that user doesn't have the command linked in bin, you have to call the source path for the command. If you're more familiar with Windows, you could think of this like running an application that's only installed under another users Windows profile (sorta...)

If you didn't already have it sorted, hope this helps!

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I though i had edited my post to include also the issue i had opened in LSIO docker github, in which we found the solution. They supposedly would update the docs to notice users for this cases but they didn't and i don't think they would 
https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/issues/179

I have setup a next cloud instance and when following spaceinvaders instructions for editing the config.php file i now get this error:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the webserver log.

I have been able to get this working in the past using exact same method

I use nginx proxy manager and have this set correctly - other proxy hosts work!

Error log attached

error-edit.log

18 minutes ago, bdydrp said:

I have setup a next cloud instance and when following spaceinvaders instructions for editing the config.php file i now get this error:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the webserver log.

I have been able to get this working in the past using exact same method

I use nginx proxy manager and have this set correctly - other proxy hosts work!

Error log attached

error-edit.log 4.25 kB · 0 downloads

Well logs say it clearly, there is a syntax error on your config.