[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

There are already 3-4 (I think?) onlyoffice templates available, I'm not sure another would get approved... But that's almost certainly something that the Pi community would have interest in if they dont already have a go-to alpine onlyoffice, I'd hit up that community and gauge interest!

I'm currently working in an LXC container and used the official documentserver (unmodified) app for Nextcloud (no standalone version of onlyoffice). Just some tweaks on the base alpine container.

Where could I find those templates to compare their solutions with mine?

Edited by tiblexentle
On 4/9/2021 at 9:34 AM, j0nnymoe said:

The well-known info needs to be added to the nextcloud nginx config and not the swag config. We've already updated this and mentioned it in the changelog for nextcloud.

I'm having trouble fixing the "/.well-known" errors (webfinger, nodinfo, caldav and carddav).

I followed the changelog, deleted the "default" file located at \appdata\nextcloud\nginx\site-confs and restarted the container.

However, the error is still there (I tried to clear my browser cache, without no results).

Is there something else that I have to do?

My version of nextcloud is 21.0.1

Thanks!

I’m having the exact same issue and was about to get on here to ask. I’ve deleted the default.conf and restarted the container many times. I’ve cleared browser cache, opened new private browsers. In viewing the new default.conf, all the new lines appear to be correct as per a comparison posted above of the old and new lines in the conf.

Also running 21.0.1

Waiting with bated breath for the LXC gods to share their awesome wisdom and expertise!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TBoneStaek said:

I’m having the exact same issue and was about to get on here to ask. I’ve deleted the default.conf and restarted the container many times. I’ve cleared browser cache, opened new private browsers. In viewing the new default.conf, all the new lines appear to be correct as per a comparison posted above of the old and new lines in the conf.

Also running 21.0.1

Waiting with bated breath for the LXC gods to share their awesome wisdom and expertise!

If you using cloudflare or have caching enabled on NginxProxyManager, clear/close these caches also!

27 minutes ago, skois said:

If you using cloudflare or have caching enabled on NginxProxyManager, clear/close these caches also!

I use cloudflare and tried to purge the cache, but the results were the same...

My reverse proxy is swag. Does it have caching on it as well? (I installed it using Spaceinvader videos).

7 hours ago, skois said:

I think not, i'll get back if i think anything else to try.

I. AM. AN. IDIOT.

@luizmont is this your issue also?

When I upgraded from NC 20 to NC 21 I had to nuke my appdata to get the update going. I failed to reconfig my reverse proxy. I've done that and now most errors have gone away. I now have two errors that I'm sure are related to failing to reconfig everything correctly:

• The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

I have the correct edit in the nextcloud.subdomain.conf so I'm not sure why I'm still getting the X-Frames error. As for the first error, not sure about that one either but I haven't had time to investigate. If someone can point me in the right direction, awesome, but if not, I'll start searching for answers to those issues tonight. Just glad to have NC functioning.

1 hour ago, TBoneStaek said:

I. AM. AN. IDIOT.

@luizmont is this your issue also?

When I upgraded from NC 20 to NC 21 I had to nuke my appdata to get the update going. I failed to reconfig my reverse proxy. I've done that and now most errors have gone away. I now have two errors that I'm sure are related to failing to reconfig everything correctly:

• The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

I have the correct edit in the nextcloud.subdomain.conf so I'm not sure why I'm still getting the X-Frames error. As for the first error, not sure about that one either but I haven't had time to investigate. If someone can point me in the right direction, awesome, but if not, I'll start searching for answers to those issues tonight. Just glad to have NC functioning.

I didn't have to erase my appdata, but just to check, are you talking about the config.php in appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config or some other proxy configuration on swag?

On 2/24/2021 at 3:12 AM, ICDeadPpl said:

I replaced these lines in the '/mnt/cache/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default' file. (Adjust path to your appdata path, if it's different)

location = /.well-known/carddav {
  return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/remote.php/dav;
}
location = /.well-known/caldav {
  return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/remote.php/dav;
}
location = /.well-known/webfinger {
  return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/public.php?service=webfinger;
}
location = /.well-known/host-meta {
  return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/public.php?service=host-meta;
}
location = /.well-known/host-meta.json {
  return 301 $scheme://$host:$server_port/public.php?service=host-meta-json;
}

with these lines

# Make a regex exception for `/.well-known` so that clients can still
# access it despite the existence of the regex rule
# `location ~ /(\.|autotest|...)` which would otherwise handle requests
# for `/.well-known`.
location ^~ /.well-known {
    # The following 6 rules are borrowed from `.htaccess`

location = /.well-known/carddav     { return 301 /remote.php/dav/; }
    location = /.well-known/caldav      { return 301 /remote.php/dav/; }
    # Anything else is dynamically handled by Nextcloud
    location ^~ /.well-known            { return 301 /index.php$uri; }

try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
}

Then I restarted the Nextcloud docker and the error was gone.

32 minutes ago, luizmont said:

I didn't have to erase my appdata, but just to check, are you talking about the config.php in appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config or some other proxy configuration on swag?

@luizmont Yeah, I'm talking about the config.php. I hadn't properly set mine up after deleting the appdata before my NC 20 to NC 21 upgrade (which got stuck a bunch of times).

If you haven't, make sure your default.conf actually updated by comparing the above. Perhaps you still have the old lines in there and it didn't update?

That's the only other thought I have towards your issue. :/

Good Afternoon,

So against my better judgement I decided to update from NC20 to NC21. Upon doing so I have been stuck on step 6 for about 2 weeks or so. this is all I get when I try and do anything:

image.png.6406ef11f8ab7a02728c23d55aa6dd0a.png

or this from the browser....

image.png.a4b123a84dcd6646cca7036329e2b025.png

I'm not sure what else to do seeing I can no longer access the system and this thing will not finish updating. I did get to, for the first time ever, update from inside nextcloud which was different than accidently updating my dock and having to figure out how to get things working again… Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

On 4/12/2021 at 8:48 PM, jonathanm said:

Perhaps reading the first post in this thread will help.

Okay, that didn't work.  I've even tried the "nuclear" option of deleting the docker container and image for Nextcloud and reinstalled the app but I still get the same error "You are currently running 7.4.15.This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3" when I go the GUI.  Any ideas?

Good Afternoon,

So against my better judgement I decided to update from NC20 to NC21. Upon doing so I have been stuck on step 6 for about 2 weeks or so. this is all I get when I try and do anything:

image.png.6406ef11f8ab7a02728c23d55aa6dd0a.png

or this from the browser....

image.png.a4b123a84dcd6646cca7036329e2b025.png

I'm not sure what else to do seeing I can no longer access the system and this thing will not finish updating. I did get to, for the first time ever, update from inside nextcloud which was different than accidently updating my dock and having to figure out how to get things working again… Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.
In /data/updater-randomhash/ there is a
.steps file, delete and run update again

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Okay, that didn't work.  I've even tried the "nuclear" option of deleting the docker container and image for Nextcloud and reinstalled the app but I still get the same error "You are currently running 7.4.15.This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3" when I go the GUI.  Any ideas?

This was answered this month like 3 times very detailed.
In short you have to revert to older docker tag with php 7.3.
Update nextcloud from gui.
Update docker to latest

On 3/16/2021 at 10:31 AM, skois said:

image.thumb.png.ab7950848e3b11e2f7148e187ad23b0b.png

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated
Here is the tags. 
you can search this thread, I remember couple of people doing the same thing. They have listed exactly the tags they used in the process

1 hour ago, JoeUnraidUser said:

I tried reverting back to an older docker tag then updating to the current version and it doesn't fix the problem.

Do this tag. linuxserver/nextcloud:18.0.4-ls81
Update nextcloud from the WebUI, 
When nextcloud is at v20 or v21, 
go back to template and change tag to linuxserver/nextcloud:latest

And update both docker and nextcloud together, 
Not only one or you will run on the same problem agian.

How do you revert to an older docker tag? I see at the Docker hub a pull command for different tags but I'm not sure how to edit the pull command at the container.
It's literally on the post before yours. WITH PICTURES.

Please, please please people, if you need FREE support for a FREE product.
At least TRY to solve it yourself or read / search this forum.
Cmon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, skois said:

It's literally on the post before yours. WITH PICTURES.

Please, please please people, if you need FREE support for a FREE product.
At least TRY to solve it yourself or read / search this forum.
Cmon

Doh! I spent 2 hours looking for how to do that...got it and it works! Thanks!

• Like 1
On 4/9/2021 at 5:44 AM, andreidelait said:

So I updated to 21.0.1 today and I had a few errors after. I will address them here and I hope they will help others to fix them quick.

I had errors referring to my nginx config /.well-known/carddav, caldav, webfinger etc. Here is my nextcloud nginx config section about that

location ^~ /.well-known {
      location = /.well-known/carddav     { return 301 /remote.php/dav/; }
      location = /.well-known/caldav      { return 301 /remote.php/dav/; }
      location = /.well-known/webfinger   { return 301 /index.php$uri; }
      location ^~ /.well-known            { return 301 /index.php$uri; }

try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
      }

I had them different before and apparently they do not work in this version.

Also I had an error reffering to some db indices. Fo these you go into nextcloud container console and run

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices

And another one was reffering to default phone region. You have to add your phone region in config.php

'default_phone_region' => 'GB',

You have to replace GB with your country specific code. You can find it here

I hope this is useful info.

Thank you for this!!! I am not great at figuring out what i need to do on this.  I did get rid of the phone region error just by adding the line to the config.php and the occ db:add was easy,  but I am unsure what I need to do for the "/well-known/webfinger" and "/well-known/nodeinfo" warnings that I am getting.  can someone help lay it out for me?  Do I just add the above to the /nextcloud/nginx/nginx.conf file?

On 3/5/2021 at 11:51 PM, skois said:

1 hour ago, ZosoPage1963 said:

Thank you for this!!! I am not great at figuring out what i need to do on this.  I did get rid of the phone region error just by adding the line to the config.php and the occ db:add was easy,  but I am unsure what I need to do for the "/well-known/webfinger" and "/well-known/nodeinfo" warnings that I am getting.  can someone help lay it out for me?  Do I just add the above to the /nextcloud/nginx/nginx.conf file?

TLDR, delete /appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default and restart docker.

Search in this forums helps and so does reading changelog when updating something.
Been seeing the same questions again and again for the past 2 months. 

3 minutes ago, johnwhicker said:

I tried to do an update and is not stuck in "Update in process" No matter what I do is stuck in the same place.

Anything I can do manually to get outta this and actually complete an update?

Thanks much

Stuck where? Which step?

WebUI or CLI?

WebUI.  I am doing a CLI now,    docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

So now is tuck again:

root@NAS-UNRAID:~#

root@NAS-UNRAID:~# docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4

Current version is 21.0.0.

Update to Nextcloud 21.0.1 available. (channel: "stable")

Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-21.0.1.zip

Open changelog ↗

Steps that will be executed:

[✔] Check for expected files

[✔] Check for write permissions

[✔] Create backup

[✔] Downloading

[✔] Verify integrity

[✔] Extracting

[✔] Enable maintenance mode

[✔] Replace entry points

[✔] Delete old files

[ ] Move new files in place