[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, skois said:

TLDR, delete /appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default and restart docker.

Search in this forums helps and so does reading changelog when updating something.
Been seeing the same questions again and again for the past 2 months. 

I actually did search for this error and it was mentioned to rename the default and that it did not work... I am sorry I took up your time.  FYI, in case anyone does a search, it does work, just delete the default file and restart.

30 minutes ago, ZosoPage1963 said:

I actually did search for this error and it was mentioned to rename the default and that it did not work... I am sorry I took up your time.  FYI, in case anyone does a search, it does work, just delete the default file and restart.

It's not so much for my time, it's that the forum gets overloaded and missing people in need of help with new problems.
IMHO forum is not helpful in this case, offers very little comparing to a bug tracking system. and for this reason i don't like seeing the same question every day.

Anyway, for the future, please add more info so people can help faster/easier! 
:)

On 11/29/2020 at 9:08 AM, thymon said:

Hi all :)

How pre-generate Thumbnail video ?

It works correctly on web browser but not on iOS app.

I must open video file to generate thumbnail for iPhone...

IMG_5D4C2970654F-1.thumb.jpeg.d215792e91e83dd52c90e60421acdde8.jpeg

Did you figure out how to do this?

There are a few posts in this thread asking how to generate thumbnails for video files, but nobody ever gets an answer :S

From what I gathered, one needs to install ffmpeg. Does anyone know how to do this and make it interact with NC?

Edited by gustomucho
3 hours ago, gustomucho said:

Did you figure out how to do this?

There are a few posts in this thread asking how to generate thumbnails for video files, but nobody ever gets an answer :S

From what I gathered, one needs to install ffmpeg. Does anyone know how to do this and make it interact with NC?

If you can see the thumbnails in the web, there is 2 reasons you don't see them in the iOS app.
1) Server doesn't have the right size thumbnail for the app

2) Its a bug and it should be reported on https://github.com/nextcloud/ios

I actually cannot see any video thumbnails, either on the web interface or in iOS.

I quoted the other post since it looks to be related to my problem in some way.

Nextcloud official documentation clearly seems to indicate that in order to generate video previews/thumbnails, you need to install ffmpeg and configure your config.php file with the following lines :

'enable_previews' => true,
'enabledPreviewProviders' => [
        'OC\Preview\Movie',
        'OC\Preview\MP4',

The problem is that I don't know how to integrate ffmpeg.

There is a ffmpeg docker available for unRAID (FFmpeg mkvdts2ac3), but how to make it interact with Nextcloud, that I do not know.

I also found some other online resources, but I don't know how to use code lines like "apt install ffmpeg" on unRAID (or in general for that matter)!

Edited by gustomucho

After tinkering with this for a while, it seems the solution is much simpler than I thought.

For some reason, the only step required is to modify the config.php file.

No need to install ffmpeg or even to enable the app "Preview Generator" inside Nextcloud.

I'll leave what I did here if it can help anyone looking to generate thumbnails for video files :

1. Go to your config.php file located at /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

2. Just before the end of your config file, add the following lines (after the 'installed' => true,) :

'installed' => true,
  'enable_previews' => true,
  'enabledPreviewProviders' =>
 array (
    0 => 'OC\\Preview\\TXT',
    1 => 'OC\\Preview\\Image',
    2 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP3',
    3 => 'OC\\Preview\\Movie',
    4 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP4',
 ),
);

You can also add other file types that you require (mkv, avi, etc.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, skois said:

TLDR, delete /appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default and restart docker.

Search in this forums helps and so does reading changelog when updating something.
Been seeing the same questions again and again for the past 2 months. 

What can I do if deleting the file does not help? Its not a caching issue, tried with several devices. Iam also using the SWAG reverse Proxy, so maybe it has something to do with the proxy conf? Maybe someting has to be added in this file too?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxserver/reverse-proxy-confs/master/nextcloud.subfolder.conf.sample

1 hour ago, DockX said:

What can I do if deleting the file does not help? Its not a caching issue, tried with several devices. Iam also using the SWAG reverse Proxy, so maybe it has something to do with the proxy conf? Maybe someting has to be added in this file too?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxserver/reverse-proxy-confs/master/nextcloud.subfolder.conf.sample

I'm assuming you are on NC 21, and on the latest docker version (21.0.1-ls131) or (latest).
Send the contents of the default file please

Hello folks!

Latest update (v21) is been anything but a smooth ride... After updating to v21 (when supposedly it was going to update to v20.x.x) it's been a constant battle. First I fixed the well known error messages "/well-known/*" updating my default file. But I still suffering (literally xD) a problem with photo/video upload from my Android phone. Since the update my phone only connects to the server while in 4G, when is connected via WiFi is not able to connect to the server (I'm using Swag with DuckDNS) neither using the app or browser.

Adding insult to injury all photos/videos uploaded via cellular data open fine via SMB but don't work when I access them with my PC browser to my Nextcloud (no preview/corrupted and error when opening file).

Cheers

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-17 215506.pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-04-17 215545.png

Edited by Carlos
15 hours ago, Der_Eine said:

Hey,

today I have updated nextcloud since a long time. When I try to access the webui I get this error notification:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.
You are currently running 7.4.15.

Anyone know what to do?

Have you even TRIED to search? The answer is literally on the previous page on this topic.

16 hours ago, Der_Eine said:

Hey,

today I have updated nextcloud since a long time. When I try to access the webui I get this error notification:

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.3.
You are currently running 7.4.15.

Anyone know what to do?

Yes, read the previous posts.

• Like 1
On 4/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, skois said:

I'm assuming you are on NC 21, and on the latest docker version (21.0.1-ls131) or (latest).
Send the contents of the default file please

upstream php-handler {
    server 127.0.0.1:9000;
}
server {
    listen 80;
    listen [::]:80;
    server_name _;
    return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
}
server {
    listen 443 ssl http2;
    listen [::]:443 ssl http2;
    server_name _;
    ssl_certificate /config/keys/cert.crt;
    ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/cert.key;

# Add headers to serve security related headers
    # Before enabling Strict-Transport-Security headers please read into this
    # topic first.
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains;" always;
    #
    # WARNING: Only add the preload option once you read about
    # the consequences in https://hstspreload.org/. This option
    # will add the domain to a hardcoded list that is shipped
    # in all major browsers and getting removed from this list
    # could take several months.

# set max upload size
    client_max_body_size 512M;
    fastcgi_buffers 64 4K;

# Enable gzip but do not remove ETag headers
    gzip on;
    gzip_vary on;
    gzip_comp_level 4;
    gzip_min_length 256;
    gzip_proxied expired no-cache no-store private no_last_modified no_etag auth;
    gzip_types application/atom+xml application/javascript application/json application/ld+json application/manifest+json application/rss+xml application/vnd.geo+json application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/x-font-ttf application/x-web-app-manifest+json application/xhtml+xml application/xml font/opentype image/bmp image/svg+xml image/x-icon text/cache-manifest text/css text/plain text/vcard text/vnd.rim.location.xloc text/vtt text/x-component text/x-cross-domain-policy;

# HTTP response headers borrowed from Nextcloud `.htaccess`
    add_header Referrer-Policy                      "no-referrer"   always;
    add_header X-Content-Type-Options               "nosniff"       always;
    add_header X-Download-Options                   "noopen"        always;
    add_header X-Frame-Options                      "SAMEORIGIN"    always;
    add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies    "none"          always;
    #add_header X-Robots-Tag                         "none"          always;
    add_header X-XSS-Protection                     "1; mode=block" always;

# Remove X-Powered-By, which is an information leak
    fastcgi_hide_header X-Powered-By;

root /config/www/nextcloud/;

# display real ip in nginx logs when connected through reverse proxy via docker network
    set_real_ip_from 172.0.0.0/8;
    real_ip_header X-Forwarded-For;

# Specify how to handle directories -- specifying `/index.php$request_uri`
    # here as the fallback means that Nginx always exhibits the desired behaviour
    # when a client requests a path that corresponds to a directory that exists
    # on the server. In particular, if that directory contains an index.php file,
    # that file is correctly served; if it doesn't, then the request is passed to
    # the front-end controller. This consistent behaviour means that we don't need
    # to specify custom rules for certain paths (e.g. images and other assets,
    # `/updater`, `/ocm-provider`, `/ocs-provider`), and thus
    # `try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php$request_uri`
    # always provides the desired behaviour.
    index index.php index.html /index.php$request_uri;

# Rule borrowed from `.htaccess` to handle Microsoft DAV clients
    location = / {
        if ( $http_user_agent ~ ^DavClnt ) {
            return 302 /remote.php/webdav/$is_args$args;
        }
    }

location = /robots.txt {
        allow all;
        log_not_found off;
        access_log off;
    }

# Make a regex exception for `/.well-known` so that clients can still
    # access it despite the existence of the regex rule
    # `location ~ /(\.|autotest|...)` which would otherwise handle requests
    # for `/.well-known`.
    location ^~ /.well-known {
        # The following 6 rules are borrowed from `.htaccess`

location = /.well-known/carddav     { return 301 /remote.php/dav/; }
        location = /.well-known/caldav      { return 301 /remote.php/dav/; }
        # Anything else is dynamically handled by Nextcloud
        location ^~ /.well-known            { return 301 /index.php$uri; }

try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
    }

# Rules borrowed from `.htaccess` to hide certain paths from clients
    location ~ ^/(?:build|tests|config|lib|3rdparty|templates|data)(?:$|/)  { return 404; }
    location ~ ^/(?:\.|autotest|occ|issue|indie|db_|console)              { return 404; }

# Ensure this block, which passes PHP files to the PHP process, is above the blocks
    # which handle static assets (as seen below). If this block is not declared first,
    # then Nginx will encounter an infinite rewriting loop when it prepends `/index.php`
    # to the URI, resulting in a HTTP 500 error response.
    location ~ \.php(?:$|/) {
        fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+?\.php)(/.*)$;
        set $path_info $fastcgi_path_info;

try_files $fastcgi_script_name =404;

include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $path_info;
        fastcgi_param HTTPS on;

fastcgi_param modHeadersAvailable true;         # Avoid sending the security headers twice
        fastcgi_param front_controller_active true;     # Enable pretty urls
        fastcgi_pass php-handler;

fastcgi_intercept_errors on;
        fastcgi_request_buffering off;
    }

location ~ \.(?:css|js|svg|gif)$ {
        try_files $uri /index.php$request_uri;
        expires 6M;         # Cache-Control policy borrowed from `.htaccess`
        access_log off;     # Optional: Don't log access to assets
    }

location ~ \.woff2?$ {
        try_files $uri /index.php$request_uri;
        expires 7d;         # Cache-Control policy borrowed from `.htaccess`
        access_log off;     # Optional: Don't log access to assets
    }

location / {
        try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php$request_uri;
    }

}

And yes, Iam on latest. 

Edited by DockX
  • Like 1

Have encountered the infamous "Step 6 is currently in process. Please reload this page later" problem ... completely stuck 😞

(updating from 20.0.8 to 20.0.9)

Thias happened when I used the web updater.

I have seen people solve it be removing the .step files which I don't have and running the updater again using the cli instead.

None if the OOC commands I've seen people use works either ... just get "Could not open input file: /config/www/nextcloud/occ"

occ is missing from this directory.

The path is refering to it but instead I can find occ it in the /usr/bin/ folder????

Would really appreciate if some kind soul could lend me some help 🙂

Edit:

Managed to find and delete the .step file so I could re-run the updater thru the cli this time but it stil bombs with this:

Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4

Current version is 20.0.8.

Update to Nextcloud 20.0.9 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-20.0.9.zip
Open changelog ↗

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting ...PHP Warning:  require(/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658
PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/config/www/nextcloud/updater/../version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php7') in phar:///config/www/nextcloud/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 658

Any ideas on how I can solve this?

Edited by Amigaz
6 hours ago, SaltShakerOW said:

I just setup a NGINXProxyManager w/ Cloudflare and I got everything to work outside of Nextcloud where it gives me an error upon going to the url that says:

Since all of my other containers work file with the setup I have going, I am posting here to figure out why my nextcloud docker isn't cooperating with me on this. If anyone has had this problem and found a solution, please shoot me a response. Thanks in advance. 

You have to use https from your proxy to nextcloud.

On 4/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, Carlos said:

Hello folks!

Latest update (v21) is been anything but a smooth ride... After updating to v21 (when supposedly it was going to update to v20.x.x) it's been a constant battle. First I fixed the well known error messages "/well-known/*" updating my default file. But I still suffering (literally xD) a problem with photo/video upload from my Android phone. Since the update my phone only connects to the server while in 4G, when is connected via WiFi is not able to connect to the server (I'm using Swag with DuckDNS) neither using the app or browser.

Adding insult to injury all photos/videos uploaded via cellular data open fine via SMB but don't work when I access them with my PC browser to my Nextcloud (no preview/corrupted and error when opening file).

Cheers

I've been fiddling with this mess all afternoon and I'm still at square one... I even nuked Nextcloud+MariaDB and started over but the result is the same. My Android phone connects fine via 4G (cellular data) but there's no way to make it work via WiFi with the reverse proxy active (swag) nor app nor android browser. However, if Nextcloud is set without reverse proxy (access via 192.168.x.x) my Android phone can connect fine... I'm starting to think there's some problem between swag and this Nextcloud update.

PS: the media visualization problem was fixed ditching SMB/CIFS external storage and mappig the shares as local

9 hours ago, Carlos said:

I've been fiddling with this mess all afternoon and I'm still at square one... I even nuked Nextcloud+MariaDB and started over but the result is the same. My Android phone connects fine via 4G (cellular data) but there's no way to make it work via WiFi with the reverse proxy active (swag) nor app nor android browser. However, if Nextcloud is set without reverse proxy (access via 192.168.x.x) my Android phone can connect fine... I'm starting to think there's some problem between swag and this Nextcloud update.

PS: the media visualization problem was fixed ditching SMB/CIFS external storage and mappig the shares as local

This has nothing to do with the container setup. It's your router that doesn't support NAT hairpin/split DNS out of the box.

Edited by saarg
4 hours ago, saarg said:

This has nothing to do with the container setup. It's your router that doesn't support NAT hairpin/split DNS out of the box.

It was working fine till latest Nextcloud update

PS: my PC access the Nextcloud server (in the same LAN) using the domain (via browser and desktop app) without problems

Edited by Carlos
2 hours ago, Carlos said:

It was working fine till latest Nextcloud update

PS: my PC access the Nextcloud server (in the same LAN) using the domain (via browser and desktop app) without problems

Still nothing with the container itself. Then it's either nextcloud, your phone, the nextcloud client or your router.

Did you try using the browser on your phone? If it works using your domain there it's either the client or nextcloud itself.

8 hours ago, saarg said:

Still nothing with the container itself. Then it's either nextcloud, your phone, the nextcloud client or your router.

Did you try using the browser on your phone? If it works using your domain there it's either the client or nextcloud itself.

Hi there,

As as said before, my smartphone won't connect to the Nextcloud server using the domain via WiFi neither using the browser nor the app (using 4G works fine). For a moment Pi-Hole crossed my mind as a possible cause but disabling it nothing changes.

Cheers

Edited by Carlos
On 4/15/2021 at 6:19 PM, skois said:

In /data/updater-randomhash/ there is a
.steps file, delete and run update again

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response and sorry for the super later comment back (work is a killer and keeping me away). So i went and found the "randomhash" location but didnt find the .step file. i have found a backups and downloads folder in there both of which also dont contain a .step file. I also noticed that i have 2 backups in the backup folder, which i thought was a little odd and the image below shows what is in the downloads folder. Let me know if i missed something. Thanks.

image.png.f1c541c351a2c6893c57b8fb399df161.png

8 hours ago, kerpster said:

Thanks for the response and sorry for the super later comment back (work is a killer and keeping me away). So i went and found the "randomhash" location but didnt find the .step file. i have found a backups and downloads folder in there both of which also dont contain a .step file. I also noticed that i have 2 backups in the backup folder, which i thought was a little odd and the image below shows what is in the downloads folder. Let me know if i missed something. Thanks.

image.png.f1c541c351a2c6893c57b8fb399df161.png

As i said it's on the /data folder not config.

10 hours ago, Carlos said:

Hi there,

As as said before, my smartphone won't connect to the Nextcloud server using the domain via WiFi neither using the browser nor the app (using 4G works fine). For a moment Pi-Hole crossed my mind as a possible cause but disabling it nothing changes.

Cheers

Then it's something in your network not resolving the domain.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone. especially @skois and @saarg as it seems like you answer this question the most. and i have read multiple times where you reference the fix to this issue but i am still having the "well-known/" issues (pasted below). I have tried all fixes on this forum and on the github issues such as deleting default file, clearing browser cache (even tried the way mentioned on git issue by right clicking the refresh and doing the dump and hard reload that way.), Ive changed the docker tags, updated nextcloud to latest version 21.0.1. I'm not using any proxy nextcloud is only available on my local network or through VPN. unraid version 6.9.2 (if this matters in this situation)

I can provide any logs, outputs, or info needed.

i really am sorry if i passed over the answer to this question but last night i read through the last 92 pages post by post and have not found a solution to my issue.

The last option i haven't tried is complete delete the docker and try again but from everything i read that's not the solution and ill still have same issue.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/webfinger". Further information can be found in the documentation.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/nodeinfo". Further information can be found in the documentation.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation.