[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

9 hours ago, Aspect said:

@saarg Unfortunately fresh install is having same issue (screen shots of new install)

ill do my best this time to provide the information you need to assist.

30908583_Screenshotfrom2021-04-2420-39-48.thumb.png.2a748efe47a32e269719741f49a968f8.png753960693_Screenshotfrom2021-04-2420-40-12.thumb.png.5d37a23dfc2ef621a1fcdd245be938fa.png

I have no idea what is wrong in your setup, but it is something local to you as it works here on a fresh setup and my existing install.

3 hours ago, saarg said:

I have no idea what is wrong in your setup, but it is something local to you as it works here on a fresh setup and my existing install.

understood I guess Ill update when I figure out what it is in case someone else is having a similar issue.

13 hours ago, skois said:

thank you, here is all the info on my setup. 
so i have tried to restart my unraid setup many times. Restarted dockers, tried to update using consule. But i get errors everytime. Using the builtin updater i get stuck at step 3. Gateway time out. 

Edited by akash3230
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, akash3230 said:

thank you, here is all the info on my setup. 
so i have tried to restart my unraid setup many times. Restarted dockers, tried to update using consule. But i get errors everytime. Using the builtin updater i get stuck at step 3. Gateway time out. 

NEXTCLOUD 15.95 MB · 0 downloads

You might want to delete the attachment, and reupload with your personal info hidden (there is a lot in the config.php)

*Assuming you have a backup* 
Open nextcloud console, and do

"updater.phar" 
and post the output

Edited by skois
8 hours ago, skois said:

You might want to delete the attachment, and reupload with your personal info hidden (there is a lot in the config.php)

*Assuming you have a backup* 
Open nextcloud console, and do

"updater.phar" 
and post the output

root@6ae0cde421ee:/# updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4

Current version is 20.0.9.

Update to Nextcloud 21.0.1 available. (channel: "stable")
Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-21.0.1.zip
Open changelog ↗

Steps that will be executed:
[ ] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Enable maintenance mode
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Move new files in place
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] 

NEXTCLOUD

7 minutes ago, akash3230 said:

root@6ae0cde421ee:/# updater.phar
Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4

Current version is 20.0.9.

Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-21.0.1.zip
Open changelog ↗

[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] 

NEXTCLOUD 15.93 MB · 0 downloads

Open changelog ↗

[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity
[✔] Extracting
[✔] Enable maintenance mode
[✔] Replace entry points
[✔] Delete old files
[✔] Move new files in place
[✔] Done

Update of code successful.

Should the "occ upgrade" command be executed? [Y/n] y
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
2021-04-26T02:41:52+00:00 Setting log level to debug
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Updating database schema
2021-04-26T02:41:56+00:00 Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app core
2021-04-26T02:41:56+00:00 Update failed
2021-04-26T02:41:56+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active
2021-04-26T02:41:56+00:00 Resetting log level

Keep maintenance mode active? [y/N] n
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
Maintenance mode disabled

Maintenance mode is disabled
root@6ae0cde421ee:/# z

2 hours ago, akash3230 said:

Open changelog ↗

[ ] Create backup
[ ] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity
[ ] Extracting
[ ] Replace entry points
[ ] Delete old files
[ ] Done

Start update? [y/N] y

Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater.

[✔] Check for expected files
[✔] Check for write permissions
[✔] Create backup
[✔] Downloading
[✔] Verify integrity
[✔] Extracting
[✔] Enable maintenance mode
[✔] Replace entry points
[✔] Delete old files
[✔] Move new files in place
[✔] Done

Update of code successful.

Should the "occ upgrade" command be executed? [Y/n] y
2021-04-26T02:41:52+00:00 Setting log level to debug
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair step: Repair MySQL collation
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud
2021-04-26T02:41:53+00:00 Updating database schema
2021-04-26T02:41:56+00:00 Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app core
2021-04-26T02:41:56+00:00 Update failed
2021-04-26T02:41:56+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active
2021-04-26T02:41:56+00:00 Resetting log level

Keep maintenance mode active? [y/N] n
Maintenance mode disabled

Maintenance mode is disabled
root@6ae0cde421ee:/# z

Seems like it completed successfully  ;)

5 minutes ago, akash3230 said:

I keep getting a error message Database error when running migration latest for app core.  so once the update goes through and. you get to the webpage to complete the upgrade. I get this error message. 

Instead of going to webpage, try "occ upgrade" 
And post the output here. Maybe this worth making also a bug report in https://github.com/nextcloud/server also

PLEASE! before doing the bellow take a BACKUP of database
Also you could try this https://help.nextcloud.com/t/nc-update-to-21-0-0-beta1-exception-database-error/101124/3 

1 hour ago, skois said:

Instead of going to webpage, try "occ upgrade" 
And post the output here. Maybe this worth making also a bug report in https://github.com/nextcloud/server also

PLEASE! before doing the bellow take a BACKUP of database
Also you could try this https://help.nextcloud.com/t/nc-update-to-21-0-0-beta1-exception-database-error/101124/3 

hi thank you for your reply. root@6ae0cde421ee:/# occ upgrade
Setting log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app core
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Resetting log level

I also followed the solution from the second link but I still get the same error message. 

hi thank you for your reply. root@6ae0cde421ee:/# occ upgrade
Setting log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Updating database schema
Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app core
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Resetting log level

I also followed the solution from the second link but I still get the same error message. 

Hmm, please post now the nextcloud.log

But I will be able to take a look after work. About 7 hours from now ..

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, akash3230 said:

thank you that would be great. ill catch up on some sleep till then haha.

nextcloudlog .zip 1.56 MB · 0 downloads

I can't find anything helpful :/ I  saw you opened an issue on github, fill the issue template they have, and i think they will help you, and also might help fix a bug!

Remember! Before you share you config.php there, REMOVE Sensitive info, like secrets, passwords, domains, etc.

25 minutes ago, skois said:

I can't find anything helpful :/ I  saw you opened an issue on github, fill the issue template they have, and i think they will help you, and also might help fix a bug!

Remember! Before you share you config.php there, REMOVE Sensitive info, like secrets, passwords, domains, etc.

Yes thank you for looking at it. What if i delete my nextcloud docker and reinstalled it, would my data still be there if i copied the config file & .htaccess file to it? 

3 minutes ago, akash3230 said:

Yes thank you for looking at it. What if i delete my nextcloud docker and reinstalled it, would my data still be there if i copied the config file & .htaccess file to it? 

Your data will be there, but you will have to recreate all shares, users, tasks, calendars settings , everything.
because all that is on the database, which seems to have the problem.

I'd say, use your backup, at 20.0.9, file the issue on nextcloud's github (with the template filled).
They might point you to an easy solution, Otherwise, wait until 21.0.1 is out (it's scheduled for 20-may-21) .
If it fails then, and no solutions on github, they you can go ahead and re install.

• The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

Here's my nextcloud.subdomain.conf

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
# assuming this container is called "letsencrypt", edit your nextcloud container's config
# located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
#  'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],
#  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
#  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
#
# Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
#  array (
#    0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
#    1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  ),

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
    add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" always;
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;
    }
}

I've also tried uncommenting out the X-Frames-Options issue in the ssl.conf to no avail.

I just don't see what I'm missing.

2 hours ago, TBoneStaek said:
  • The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

Here's my nextcloud.subdomain.conf

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
# assuming this container is called "letsencrypt", edit your nextcloud container's config
# located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
#  'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],
#  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
#  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
#
# Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
#  array (
#    0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
#    1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  ),

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
    add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" always;
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;
    }
}

I've also tried uncommenting out the X-Frames-Options issue in the ssl.conf to no avail.

I just don't see what I'm missing.

You need to check the swag logs and update the config files it mentions.

4 hours ago, sgt_spike said:

I've created a share for my nextcloud data.  I've created a few users but I don't see a folder created with their user name and I don't know where their files are going.

Also, can I add an existing share to be able to upload files to a certain folder?

You have to be more specific.

* You created a share in Unraid and mounted it into the Nextcloud docker as /data?
* You created a share IN the nextcloud? If so, with what users did you shared it? Can this users see the share?

* Also i'm not sure what you mean with your last question, because it can also imply both of the above points.

Thanks

6 hours ago, skois said:

You have to be more specific.

* You created a share in Unraid and mounted it into the Nextcloud docker as /data?
* You created a share IN the nextcloud? If so, with what users did you shared it? Can this users see the share?

* Also i'm not sure what you mean with your last question, because it can also imply both of the above points.

Thanks

Yes, I created a share in Unraid, named the share Nextcloud and mounted that as the /data. 

I didn't create a share in Nextcloud.  I thought creating the users would create user folders within the Unraid share to see their files.  I have uploaded photos from a users account but I cannot see those photo in Unraid.

As for the last question, I also have a share in Unraid called Photos.  I wanted users to have access to this folder as well to upload photos to this specific folder. 

Yes, I created a share in Unraid, named the share Nextcloud and mounted that as the /data. 

I didn't create a share in Nextcloud.  I thought creating the users would create user folders within the Unraid share to see their files.  I have uploaded photos from a users account but I cannot see those photo in Unraid.

As for the last question, I also have a share in Unraid called Photos.  I wanted users to have access to this folder as well to upload photos to this specific folder. 
Post your nextcloud config ( click on docker > edit) (with the advanced option turned on, top right corner button)

And also the share you created on unraid

9 minutes ago, skois said:

Post your nextcloud config ( click on docker > edit) (with the advanced option turned on, top right corner button)

And also the share you created on unraid

The users I created aren't in the Unraid share Chrisscloud.  There should be three, brad.chriss, tammy.chriss, peggy.chriss

The admin user I created (ChrissCloud) is there, and another user btchriss, which has been deleted is still there

Screenshot 2021-04-28 074148.png

Screenshot 2021-04-28 074204.png