[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

The users I created aren't in the Unraid share Chrisscloud.  There should be three, brad.chriss, tammy.chriss, peggy.chriss

The admin user I created (ChrissCloud) is there, and another user btchriss, which has been deleted is still there
527880572_Screenshot2021-04-28074148.png.810b032c83fa258a60364a48ebbb3ba6.png
1873946606_Screenshot2021-04-28074204.png.b508ba038cade0a2f4e070628448efc8.png
Have you logged in with the other users at least 1 time?
Also why there is 2 appdata-hash folders?

Was there old installation on this unraid share?

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, skois said:

Have you logged in with the other users at least 1 time?
Also why there is 2 appdata-hash folders?

Was there old installation on this unraid share?

Yes, there was an older install.  I have logged into those accounts at least once

Yes, there was an older install.  I have logged into those accounts at least once
If there isn't any errors on the nextcloud >settings >logging. I don't know..

If you used the old db and somehow made new installation on top of it, then might this messed it up

Hi all,

im searching for a way to use webdav with "normal" shares. I often read about nextcloud as it supports webdav. I would like to use nextcloud as a dropbox alterantive anyway, so maybe this is a win-win.

What i don't want is to access nextcloud (or its files/userfolders) via webdav, but shares already existing on the system. (e.g. like a Documents share). So my question is if it is possible to enable nextcloud to access normal shares to allow webdav access to them!?

1 hour ago, dehein2 said:

Hi all,

im searching for a way to use webdav with "normal" shares. I often read about nextcloud as it supports webdav. I would like to use nextcloud as a dropbox alterantive anyway, so maybe this is a win-win.

What i don't want is to access nextcloud (or its files/userfolders) via webdav, but shares already existing on the system. (e.g. like a Documents share). So my question is if it is possible to enable nextcloud to access normal shares to allow webdav access to them!?

You need to
* install the plugin (aka App) External Storage, 
* Mount the folders (documents,etc) you want in the nextcloud docker template. (Just like its mount the config and data folder)
* Go to settings > Externa storages, and "add" the folders you mounted on the docker as external storage.
* You can now access them via webdav, share them, etc

@skois Thank you - sounds good.

How does it work rg. rights management. Does the user running the docker container have full R/W rights to all shares?

And how does rights management in nextcloud work. I guess nextcloud users are not connected to unraid users, correct? So can i assign the External storage in nextcloud to certain users?

8 minutes ago, dehein2 said:

@skois Thank you - sounds good.

How does it work rg. rights management. Does the user running the docker container have full R/W rights to all shares?

And how does rights management in nextcloud work. I guess nextcloud users are not connected to unraid users, correct? So can i assign the External storage in nextcloud to certain users?

If you give your users access only via webdav or via nextcloud only, you set the permissions on the external storages and nextcoud shares.

7 hours ago, skois said:

If there isn't any errors on the nextcloud >settings >logging. I don't know..

If you used the old db and somehow made new installation on top of it, then might this messed it up

I started all over again. 

I wiped and deleted the unraid share.  I deleted the DB. And I uninstalled the nextcloud container. 

I created a new unraid share and db.  I downloaded the nextcloud container and pointed the /data to the unraid share. 

I have it running and can upload files.  At least I can in nextcloud.  I can see them on a user's dashboard.  The unraid share doesn't have any files I've uploaded. 

This is puzzling to me.  Where are the files being stored?  I have the unraid share set to use the cache.  

Screenshot 2021-04-28 153407.png

Screenshot 2021-04-28 153442.png

nextcloud.log

25 minutes ago, sgt_spike said:

I started all over again. 

I wiped and deleted the unraid share.  I deleted the DB. And I uninstalled the nextcloud container. 

I created a new unraid share and db.  I downloaded the nextcloud container and pointed the /data to the unraid share. 

I have it running and can upload files.  At least I can in nextcloud.  I can see them on a user's dashboard.  The unraid share doesn't have any files I've uploaded. 

This is puzzling to me.  Where are the files being stored?  I have the unraid share set to use the cache.  

Screenshot 2021-04-28 153407.png

Screenshot 2021-04-28 153442.png

nextcloud.log 9.73 kB · 0 downloads

image.png.a7f9fdd3bd76ca27c40aebc45008f975.pngWhat did you set this Data folder while installing?

1 hour ago, sgt_spike said:

It was already set to /data and in the container was set to my unraid share 

A little late to the party, but you made two users with the same name, only difference was the difference in capital letters. If you look in the picture of your /data folder you can see that all user folders are in small letters, so that will be a problem.

As for the issue athat there are no folders in the share you chose for /data when installing it fresh, that sounds like you didn't set the path to /data when you went through the installer.

Do you see the folders if you check the directory inside the container?

1 hour ago, saarg said:

A little late to the party, but you made two users with the same name, only difference was the difference in capital letters. If you look in the picture of your /data folder you can see that all user folders are in small letters, so that will be a problem.

As for the issue athat there are no folders in the share you chose for /data when installing it fresh, that sounds like you didn't set the path to /data when you went through the installer.

Do you see the folders if you check the directory inside the container?

Well I didn't have two users with the same username.  However I did figure out what happened during the second install.  At first the data folder was set to \data then an error occurred with the db connection.  After correcting that I hadn't noticed the data directory was changed to www\nextcloud\data or something like that....

Now after the three install,  it all works

5 hours ago, TheBurgundyBear said:

Hi folks! Been browsing the forum and other places on the interwebs but I haven't come across a solution that I understand. How do we get thumbnails for MP4s?? I feel like this has to be really simple and I must be missing something. Explain it to me like I'm a noob, which I am :)

I have this in my config.php , and i'm getting mp4 previews.

Btw if you want to have thumbnails on new uploads, you need to add a cronjob generating them.

https://github.com/rullzer/previewgenerator#how-does-the-app-work

'enabledPreviewProviders' => 
  array (
    0 => 'OC\\Preview\\Image',
    1 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP3',
    2 => 'OC\\Preview\\TXT',
    3 => 'OC\\Preview\\PDF',
    4 => 'OC\\Preview\\Movie',
    5 => 'OC\\Preview\\Photoshop',
    6 => 'OC\\Preview\\TIFF',
    7 => 'OC\\Preview\\SVG',
    8 => 'OC\\Preview\\OpenDocument',
  ),

On 4/9/2021 at 11:56 PM, BVD said:

Right after an update, the cache will usually need to be rebuilt, as the DB indices are updated and the existing cache is essentially no longer 'valid' (the cache doesn't get it's existing contents updated). I'd give it some time and re-evaluate.

Its a gone a while and its not become any faster in switching between the tabs like dashboard and files and stuff. Its slower than Nextcloud 20 for me, and pings the CPU harder.

On 4/29/2021 at 1:23 PM, skois said:

I have this in my config.php , and i'm getting mp4 previews.

Btw if you want to have thumbnails on new uploads, you need to add a cronjob generating them.

https://github.com/rullzer/previewgenerator#how-does-the-app-work

'enabledPreviewProviders' => 
  array (
    0 => 'OC\\Preview\\Image',
    1 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP3',
    2 => 'OC\\Preview\\TXT',
    3 => 'OC\\Preview\\PDF',
    4 => 'OC\\Preview\\Movie',
    5 => 'OC\\Preview\\Photoshop',
    6 => 'OC\\Preview\\TIFF',
    7 => 'OC\\Preview\\SVG',
    8 => 'OC\\Preview\\OpenDocument',
  ),

That worked! Thank you! 

• Like 1

Hello,

using this container, i am having trouble when logging via a browser.

Am i the only one ?

My trouble is a loop originating-ending on the password-user skipping all 2FA options i am using.

The only workaround is to reboot unraid. Start-stop-restart of docker are useless.

Using nextcloud , proxy_manager_nginx , redis.

And, of courses, no logs usefull...

My php error file reports this error:

WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider rasing it

Can that be the cause of the slowness I experience?
If so, how do I change it?

Edited by Mihle

Can someone explain why this container is all the sudden constantly writing log files to my array data share /mnt/user/Nextcloud/ even though the share is set to "yes" use cache pool?  I have the container configured to use /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud for everything config related, but I'm finding all kinds of appdata/config related files on the data share.  

This has just started in the past few months (keeps my disk 9 and parity always spun up).

Edited by RodWorks
On 5/4/2021 at 8:41 PM, Mihle said:

My php error file reports this error:

WARNING: [pool www] server reached pm.max_children setting (5), consider rasing it

Can that be the cause of the slowness I experience?
If so, how do I change it?

Try adding 'pm.max_children = 120' in the 'www2.conf' file. It is possible that this should go in the 'php-fpm.conf' file instead but i'm not sure.

--------------

Can anyone confirm better performance when the /data path is located on an SSD ?

I love the multiple pool feature that came with the latest unraid update and want to reconfigure my server. We use nextcloud to sync all our devices and it works great but browsing images is somewhat slow.

I have a second unraid server running for backups but the remaining sata-ports are sata2 and i dont have spare ssd's laying auroud. A quick test with /data located on the cache-drive showed some improvement (i think) but I would like some more feedback before i buy two 1TB SSD's.

Edited by Aran
1 hour ago, RodWorks said:

Can someone explain why this container is all the sudden constantly writing log files to my array data share /mnt/user/Nextcloud/ even though the share is set to "yes" use cache pool?  I have the container configured to use /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud for everything config related, but I'm finding all kinds of appdata/config related files on the data share.  

This has just started in the past few months (keeps my disk 9 and parity always spun up).

Even if you use cache: yes, the files will be moved to the array.

What exactly is it that is written in your /data mount that you mean should go in /config?

The more info you provide, the easier it is to help. And also post the docker run command.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, saarg said:

Even if you use cache: yes, the files will be moved to the array.

What exactly is it that is written in your /data mount that you mean should go in /config?

The more info you provide, the easier it is to help. And also post the docker run command.

I realize this, but only when the mover runs correct? There's a nextcloud.log inside the data folder that's being written to constantly which seems to be the issue.

The finder screenshot is what's inside the data share of Nextcloud.  You can see the .log file there along with appdata files.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 1.55.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.39.41 PM.png

Edited by RodWorks

Looks like i have the same problem:

nextcloudlog.jpg

I deleted the nextcloud.log (+5MB) file yesterday and my disks went idle. Today a new log file popped up in the data share. The info inside the log-file is about 'mail, smtp settings error'. I forgot to copy before i deleted the file...

• Like 1
On 5/6/2021 at 5:22 PM, Aran said:

Try adding 'pm.max_children = 120' in the 'www2.conf' file. It is possible that this should go in the 'php-fpm.conf' file instead but i'm not sure.

Thanks, seem to have worked, now I am getting this error instead tho:
image.thumb.png.f61e2e06dd740ae6e7d60869fadea719.png

And the speed issues that started after updating to Nextcloud 21 is still there, aka slow switching between menus of nextcloud itself, like dashboard, files, or going to settings, is so much slower than before I updated to 21. (from 20)

I think it might be related to NC 21 pinging the CPU much harder for some reason?

EDIT: after some googeling and changing min max spare and start servers, the numbers are only getting larger??image.thumb.png.352db3217a4d3b64cea2f5bc7db6fbe7.png
And its only me that access the server and this is only happening when I access next cloud via web, does not happen if I do it via app.

EDIT: I think I found part of the slowness issue....
For some reason I tried to test in private browsing, there it was fast as it was in NC 20.
So I thought, thats weird, so I deleted cookies related to nextcloud and my site, and changed nothing.
Then I tried disabeling one and one browser plugin, and it got fixed.
You know what plugin caused it? Dark Reader. A plugin that is only supposed to make sites darker.

Why would it cause that, both the slowness and excess PHP children on my NC server? (yes, the errors is gone)

EDIT: the PHP error still happens but site is much faster.

Edited by Mihle
17 hours ago, Aran said:

Looks like i have the same problem:

nextcloudlog.jpg

I deleted the nextcloud.log (+5MB) file yesterday and my disks went idle. Today a new log file popped up in the data share. The info inside the log-file is about 'mail, smtp settings error'. I forgot to copy before i deleted the file...

I just want to understand how Nextcloud can write directly to a share that is set to write to a cache drive first....