[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

still can't get this to work  ???

tried the steps suggested but it still seems to ignore the change of the binlog format..... I also removed the # infront of the line ;)

What I noticed is that when clicking on the user in MySQL Workbench it says "no password is set for this account" although I set the password to "nextcloud"

Okey..

I think I am getting to tired for this now...

Will take a look at this tomorrow instead.

I will set all of this up again tomorrow on my dev server instead, and then see if this works.

Will only try with Nginx-letsencrypt that time, and not apache.

Hopefully it goes better this time....

Finally got it working, thanks for the help guys!

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51466.msg500877#msg500877

@marv,

What I noticed is that when clicking on the user in MySQL Workbench it says "no password is set for this account" although I set the password to "nextcloud"

Setting the mysql password in Nextcloud does not set the password in mysql.  Nextcloud uses the login and password you give it to access mysql and set up its tables, but I think you need to create the mysql login and password either at the command line or with a tool like mysql workbench.

still can't get this to work  ???

tried the steps suggested but it still seems to ignore the change of the binlog format..... I also removed the # infront of the line ;)

All I can suggest is wiping your appdata and starting afresh.

I followed the blog post to the letter (copied port assignments etc), but I'm getting the following error:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1130] Host '172.17.0.1' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server

Any ideas??  Thanks

Hello,

everything is working perfectly and rock stable. Thank you very much !

Is it possible to use/install fail2ban within this docker? I dont want to use the nginx reverse proxy, since I still have some problems with it and it was noticeable slower. I only use it for the certificate :-D.

Would it be possible to include fail2ban in this docker? Would love to see it, so I would be able to block those scanning bots and known bad bots etc.

Thank you in advance!

I followed the blog post to the letter (copied port assignments etc), but I'm getting the following error:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1130] Host '172.17.0.1' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server

Any ideas??  Thanks

No ideas sorry, a couple of people recently (you being one) have had trouble setting this up, so I just went through it myself on my test Unraid VM and it's all still working for me.  My guess is you missed something somewhere.

Any ideas??  Thanks

No ideas sorry, a couple of people recently (you being one) have had trouble setting this up, so I just went through it myself on my test Unraid VM and it's all still working for me.  My guess is you missed something somewhere.

No worries.  I'll delete the appdata and start afresh to see if there's something silly I'm not doing.  I think I tried this last night, but I'll have another crack.

Any ideas??  Thanks

No worries.  I'll delete the appdata and start afresh to see if there's something silly I'm not doing.  I think I tried this last night, but I'll have another crack.

172.17.0.1 sounds like an internal docker container ip.  You sure you changed localhost to whatever the ip of your Unraid box is in the Nextcloud setup page?

Any ideas??  Thanks

172.17.0.1 sounds like an internal docker container ip.  You sure you changed localhost to whatever the ip of your Unraid box is in the Nextcloud setup page?

Just tried again and got the same error.  I googled SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] in relation to owncloud and there's a few posts about it.  I couldn't make sense of some of the posts but the gist seemed to be problems with IP addresses, so tried 192.168.1.10, localhost and 127.0.0.1 and none worked.

Hope someone more technical than me can work out the problem.

Can't really help, post some screenshots of what you've done and I'll take a look, otherwise I'm in the dark.

Thanks for trying to help.  Got a new error this time:

An exception occurred while executing 'INSERT INTO `oc_users` ( `uid`, `password` ) VALUES( ?, ? )' with params ["DZMM", "1|$2y$10$YvIRxmSrBuU7hShruAGrzu9S7cwhsOR2s\/qwsKemP2NYhZDKhJdIu"]:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1665 Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited to row-logging when transaction isolation level is READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED.

next1.gif?psid=1

next2.gif?psid=1

next3.gif?psid=1

next4.gif?psid=1

next5.gif?psid=1

OK, try this from telnet/ssh

docker exec -it mariadb /bin/bash
chmod 644 /config/custom.cnf

Back to the original error message:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)

I've sent you a PM

OK, try this from telnet/ssh

docker exec -it mariadb /bin/bash
chmod 644 /config/custom.cnf

Back to the original error message:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'172.17.0.1' (using password: YES)

I've sent you a PM

Thanks again for going above and beyond and fixing my installation!

Also, do I need to set up the Apache server, or is that an optional step?

I had always issues with updating ownCloud, so I tried your NextCloud container and it is working great...even after 2 updates now  :D

I am running it with needo's mariadb and I have the same question as yukonhijack: is a reverse proxy (Apache or Nginx) a requirement? I am accessing NextCloud via my router's dns server but honestly I read a lot about reverse proxy but still get it properly. It is a way to secure the server - correct?

So setting up the reverse proxy is a recommendation?