[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, rpowers said:

Hi,

 

I recently changed the LAN and IP of my server and for some reason I can't launch Nextcloud. All other dockers are working fine. Any idea what setting I'm missing or what I have to do?

How do you connect to nextcloud? By IP or domain through reverse proxy?

If you use domain, there is a setting in nextcloud  of I remember correctly. Think it's /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

 

If you used IP to connect to mariadb, this also needs to be fixed, but I don't know how.

Link to comment

Hello,

I am running unraid 6.7.2 and I installed Nextcloud 16 on it.

it works perfectly fine but when I connected Nextcloud with google drive... the connection is established and green but there is a red mark on the side that makes the whole thing useless... please have a look at this screenshot

https://imgur.com/d4C8NfN

you can see the username box, password & grant access button are all green but there is a red mark on the left and for that, I cannot use the google drive.

When I checked google API that I created for this connection... I see that Nextcloud made a request to the API and there were no errors...so definitely the connection is fine but I have no idea what to do

Link to comment

Hello,

 

I've recently ran into an issue after updating the Nextcloud Docker. If I try to connect to it via browser, I get the message "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.3.8."

How would I update that? I thought this would be handled with the container update?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Heciruam said:

Hello,

 

I've recently ran into an issue after updating the Nextcloud Docker. If I try to connect to it via browser, I get the message "This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with > PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.3.8."

How would I update that? I thought this would be handled with the container update?

You haven't updated nextcloud, which is done in the webui or commandline. The error you get is described before in this thread multiple times.

 

What happened is that we update the containers dependencies when new ones are available, but nextcloud is done manually. So now you are probably on version 13. So you need to do a step by step update. From 13 to 14, then 14 to 15. You also have to downgrade the container to manage to update, but as said earlier, it's many posts about it in this thread.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

My home Unraid server is hosting Nextcloud and I only sync locally with some laptops and phones.  I have an android phone that takes lots of pictures and has always run a sync app to my main laptop to transfer the pictures.  In years past I ran an always on desktop that I would sync the phone to every night.  Now with an always on Unraid server I hardly ever fire up the desktop and do not want to leave it running for tasks like this.

 

Is it possible to have this phone sync to a folder in Nextcloud ON THE SERVER without using the Nextcloud app?  I have tried the app it but haven't really been satisfied.  FWIW I can create a folder in a network share and easily sync to it, but would prefer to have the same folder in Nextcloud where it would be available on all of my devices.

 

 

Link to comment

Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

Technical details

Remote Address: 172.17.0.1

Request ID: 6YCBBGgRTNIT8JV7SuEv

 

I get this error when a new user signs in.

A second attempt will allow a sign in but the default data is corrupted. (the demo photos etc)

It only happens if the "Maps" app is installed to the server.

If I uninstall the Maps application, everything works ok.

 

Anyone else had problems?

 

Link to comment
On 9/25/2019 at 11:53 AM, ur6969 said:

My home Unraid server is hosting Nextcloud and I only sync locally with some laptops and phones.  I have an android phone that takes lots of pictures and has always run a sync app to my main laptop to transfer the pictures.  In years past I ran an always on desktop that I would sync the phone to every night.  Now with an always on Unraid server I hardly ever fire up the desktop and do not want to leave it running for tasks like this.

 

Is it possible to have this phone sync to a folder in Nextcloud ON THE SERVER without using the Nextcloud app?  I have tried the app it but haven't really been satisfied.  FWIW I can create a folder in a network share and easily sync to it, but would prefer to have the same folder in Nextcloud where it would be available on all of my devices.

 

 

Yes, but you really need the nextcloud app in the phone. If set up correctly it works fine. 

Highly recommend setting up letsencrypt docker on unraid server so that nextcloud is available to internet.

If you don't have a static address you can use duckdns to establish a presence in the internet.

You can lock it down using 2 factor auth if concerned that someone might find out your login details.

Link to comment

Hi, I hope I haven't missed this issue in my search on this topic - if I have, please point me at the comments and I'll make a go from there.

 

My access log under the nginx folder is MASSIVE at 7GB.  I have absolutely no idea how it got so big and due to the size, I can't find a program that will let me open it and see whats up.  I've made a copy of the log and then deleted the original, which works fine.  

 

Do I need to be concerned?  Is there a log rotation I need to implement? The error log is sitting at about 5MB, so I'm a little confused  as to what I've done here.

 

Thanks!

Link to comment

caf451d60255e06587435176ee922ec1.jpg

Updated Nextcloud this evening using manual instructions linked in OP(THANKS).

Everything seems to gone smoothly except this one thing. I tried searching but didn’t seem to find anything relevant.

Anyone know how I can fix this so the cron will correctly run?

Thanks a ton, as usual. 🙂

 

EDIT: Help link says default mode setup is AJAX. Is it possible the update changed it to CRON from AJAX? Will AJAX work or anyone have a opinion about which of the three versions SHOULD be used and is compatible with Unraid?

Edited by blaine07
??
Link to comment

Just got running with Nextcloud and really liking it but I have a few errors going on.

 

- When I delete a folder I get an error message on the top that it could not delete the folder yet it still deleted it. Does anyone get this?

- I can't setup TOTP. I am able to scan the QR code but once I enter the code I get an error from Nextcloud that it was not verified. Does anyone get this error?

 

- I have my shares added to Nextcloud as local. Is there any benefits to using local vs SMB using the external storage devices.

Link to comment

I have setup Nextcloud 16.0.4 using spaceinvaders tutorial. I have everything running the only problem is downloading big files. I have successfully downloaded a 1.7GB but anything bigger it fails after 5 seconds. I have set max body size to 0 within nextcloud and letsencrypt appdata like some tutorials suggest but that only fixed the large file uploads.

Any other ideas? TIA

Not sure what settings I should post.

letsencrypt/nginx nginx.config

http {

	##
	# Basic Settings
	##

	sendfile on;
	tcp_nopush on;
	tcp_nodelay on;
	keepalive_timeout 65;
	types_hash_max_size 2048;
	# server_tokens off;

	# server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
	# server_name_in_redirect off;

	client_max_body_size 0;

	include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
	default_type application/octet-stream;

letsencrypt/nginx proxy.config

client_body_buffer_size 128k;

#Timeout if the real server is dead
proxy_next_upstream error timeout invalid_header http_500 http_502 http_503;

# Advanced Proxy Config
send_timeout 5m;
proxy_read_timeout 240;
proxy_send_timeout 240;
proxy_connect_timeout 240;

# TLS 1.3 early data
proxy_set_header Early-Data $ssl_early_data;

# Basic Proxy Config
proxy_set_header Host $host:$server_port;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Ssl on;
proxy_redirect  http://  $scheme://;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Connection "";
#proxy_cookie_path / "/; HTTPOnly; Secure"; # enable at your own risk, may break certain apps
proxy_cache_bypass $cookie_session;
proxy_no_cache $cookie_session;
proxy_buffers 32 4k;
proxy_headers_hash_bucket_size 128;
proxy_headers_hash_max_size 1024;

 

Link to comment

HI all, I had everything working ok in the initial stages, I could access the WebGUI, however I removed and reinstalled the docker to do all the instructions from the tart as per SpaceInvaderOne instructions.

 

Now I am getting the error;

 

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

 

Any help appreciated.

 

Thanks

 

 

---edit--- Managed to get it working. Even though I removed the docker files, there was still some files left over in the share. Once I manually removed those and reinstalled the Docker it worked fine.

Edited by Hola
Link to comment
On 9/25/2019 at 11:33 PM, Jessie said:

Yes, but you really need the nextcloud app in the phone. If set up correctly it works fine. 

Highly recommend setting up letsencrypt docker on unraid server so that nextcloud is available to internet.

If you don't have a static address you can use duckdns to establish a presence in the internet.

You can lock it down using 2 factor auth if concerned that someone might find out your login details.

I just need local sync for pictures and a document folder and feel like not opening it up to the internet is a safer solution for something I don't fully understand.

 

A simpler way to solve my problem would be to have the current "Phone Pictures" folder I have sync itself with Nextcloud.  Then I could drop the photos in it and it would make them available to any of my devices.  However, from what I can tell, adding a folder to Nextcloud isn't an option.

Link to comment
adding a folder to Nextcloud isn't an option.



I may have interpreted that wrong but the whole reason for Nextcloud is to add folders and files to it.

Use the desktop app to sync and drop that “Phone Photos” folder in your Nextcloud directory.

Put desktop app on other computers and sync that folder.

You can connect to desktop app with local LAN IP.

You will just have a red X on your connection when not at home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
7 hours ago, ur6969 said:

I just need local sync for pictures and a document folder and feel like not opening it up to the internet is a safer solution for something I don't fully understand.

 

A simpler way to solve my problem would be to have the current "Phone Pictures" folder I have sync itself with Nextcloud.  Then I could drop the photos in it and it would make them available to any of my devices.  However, from what I can tell, adding a folder to Nextcloud isn't an option.

if you connect to the client to the server using the ip address of the server (eg 192.168.x.x) you should be able to do it internally.  There are settings in the client to configure up load of the pictures to the server.  You need to turn them on as well.  The photos will automatically upload when the phone sees your wifi connection.

Edited by Jessie
Link to comment
On 10/1/2019 at 12:25 AM, Ustrombase said:

I am having issues setting up my two factor, can anyone help?

Generate the recovery codes

Make sure you have a print of the recovery codes

For android phones, Load the "Two-Factor Authentication via Nextcloud notification" app.

This will bring up a pop up on the android. You press approve to login.

 

For IOS load the TOTP provider app.  This will utilise the TOTP provider where you enter a security number to access.

Disappointed that the first option is not available for apple.

 

If you have nextcloud account open in another browser, you can allow access from there.

Edited by Jessie
Link to comment
On 10/1/2019 at 12:27 AM, Ustrombase said:

Another question, how are deleted files handled when you delete a file through NC vs directly through a SMB share?

When you delete a file or change a file, if you access your account via web interface on the left column at the bottom, you will find "deleted files".  They are in there.

 

If you change a document for example select the document then select the "..." to the right, then select "versions" and you can retrieve earlier versions of the document if they exist. You can restore previous versions from here.

Link to comment
On 9/29/2019 at 9:29 AM, theedon323 said:

I have setup Nextcloud 16.0.4 using spaceinvaders tutorial. I have everything running the only problem is downloading big files. I have successfully downloaded a 1.7GB but anything bigger it fails after 5 seconds. I have set max body size to 0 within nextcloud and letsencrypt appdata like some tutorials suggest but that only fixed the large file uploads.

Any other ideas? TIA

Not sure what settings I should post.

letsencrypt/nginx nginx.config


http {

	##
	# Basic Settings
	##

	sendfile on;
	tcp_nopush on;
	tcp_nodelay on;
	keepalive_timeout 65;
	types_hash_max_size 2048;
	# server_tokens off;

	# server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
	# server_name_in_redirect off;

	client_max_body_size 0;

	include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
	default_type application/octet-stream;

letsencrypt/nginx proxy.config


client_body_buffer_size 128k;

#Timeout if the real server is dead
proxy_next_upstream error timeout invalid_header http_500 http_502 http_503;

# Advanced Proxy Config
send_timeout 5m;
proxy_read_timeout 240;
proxy_send_timeout 240;
proxy_connect_timeout 240;

# TLS 1.3 early data
proxy_set_header Early-Data $ssl_early_data;

# Basic Proxy Config
proxy_set_header Host $host:$server_port;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Ssl on;
proxy_redirect  http://  $scheme://;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Connection "";
#proxy_cookie_path / "/; HTTPOnly; Secure"; # enable at your own risk, may break certain apps
proxy_cache_bypass $cookie_session;
proxy_no_cache $cookie_session;
proxy_buffers 32 4k;
proxy_headers_hash_bucket_size 128;
proxy_headers_hash_max_size 1024;

 

A partial answer.

I found no issues with file size when using the client.  It gets cranky and errors if over 2gb but it has another go until it completes.

 

via the web browser, the nginx proxy.conf file used to have a first line " client_max_body_size 2048m;".  Originally the 2048 was 10m.  This allowed me to send up to 2gb.  Doesn't seem to work beyond that.  The later version proxy.conf file seems to be missing this line.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.