[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, alturismo said:

i can confirm the integrated app does not work yet, pointed out already here and on git that its more a nextcloud issue.

 

using the community doc server in a sep container works here fine as note, also the collabora one ... just follow the online documentation and u should be fine.

How does one go about setting up the separate Onlyoffice container? The Collabora one was simple and straight forward but for Onlyoffice I've had a bit of trouble without there being a simple preconfigured proxy-config file for it and needing to do the custom cert folder. I couldn't find any Unraid focused online guides for it.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Excessiive said:

How does one go about setting up the separate Onlyoffice container? The Collabora one was simple and straight forward but for Onlyoffice I've had a bit of trouble without there being a simple preconfigured proxy-config file for it and needing to do the custom cert folder. I couldn't find any Unraid focused online guides for it.

its true there is no unraid preconfigured template ... but there is a onlyoffice documentation with nginx sample ... sorry if i didnt made clear its not "plug & play", just wanted to point out, internal onlyoffice yet not working, external sep. docker is working.

Link to comment
So I've now setup Redis and still the docker image fills up whenever anyone downloads a file!!!!!! I daren't try to upload! Can't believe Nextcloud has reached version 17 with this bad a bug in it!


Yeah, I still can’t do LARGE uploads with iOS client. Can upload large files everywhere else etc. Something to do with chunked file upload, or lack thereof, on iOS for me.
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

 


Yeah, I still can’t do LARGE uploads with iOS client. Can upload large files everywhere else etc. Something to do with chunked file upload, or lack thereof, on iOS for me.

 

I’d like to be able to upload from IOS but really don’t want to try as it crashes other dockers that I need to run!

my problem is universal as it doesn’t seem to matter what is used to download with!

Link to comment
On 9/12/2016 at 9:14 PM, CHBMB said:

Here's my list of instructions....  ;-)

 

Use them at your own risk.....

 

If upgrading to v12 please see here:

 


##Open terminal in container
docker exec -it nextcloud bash

##Turn on maintenance mode
sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

##Backup current nextcloud install
mv /config/www/nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud-backup

##Grab newest nextcloud release and unpack it
wget https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/latest.tar.bz2
tar -xvf latest.tar.bz2 -C /config/www

##Copy across old config.php from backup
cp /config/www/nextcloud-backup/config/config.php /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

##Now Restart docker container
exit
docker restart nextcloud

##Open terminal in container
docker exec -it nextcloud bash

##Perform upgrade
sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade

##Turn off maintenance mode
sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

## Now Restart docker container
exit
docker restart nextcloud
 

 

Once all is confirmed as working

 


##Open terminal in container
docker exec -it nextcloud bash

##remove  backup folder
rm -rf /config/www/nextcloud-backup

##Remove Nextcloud tar file
rm latest.tar.bz2
 

 

Hi,

 

Big issue tonight, ive tried to upgrade my nextcloud docket following the above guide.

 

I have the following errors.  Even when i exit maintenance mode the webUi doesnt work. I would be most grateful for some assistance

 

root@82iyhk8766:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade

Set log level to debug
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed

Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

 

Link to comment

I have an interesting issue that I am hoping someone can help with.  I setup nextcloud using my hero, SpaceInvaderOne's youtube video and I have it running.  The issue I have, is that when I try to log in to nextcloud from my VM on my unraid server, I am getting the Unraid Login Screen.  Utilizing a laptop on the LAN, I can get to the nextcloud address perfectly.  Also, from the WAN, I am able to access easily.    Just for more info, I am doing the MariaDB, letsencrypt, and nextcloud dockers, I have a valid certificate in the logs of letsencrypt, etc.  Router port forwarding has to be correct since I am able to access on my lan (computers and android phone apps).  Hope someone has had this issue before and can direct what I need to do.  I know this is not a Nextcloud issue, but hoping someone has seen this during their install.  thanks.

Link to comment
36 minutes ago, ZosoPage1963 said:

I have an interesting issue that I am hoping someone can help with.  I setup nextcloud using my hero, SpaceInvaderOne's youtube video and I have it running.  The issue I have, is that when I try to log in to nextcloud from my VM on my unraid server, I am getting the Unraid Login Screen.  Utilizing a laptop on the LAN, I can get to the nextcloud address perfectly.  Also, from the WAN, I am able to access easily.    Just for more info, I am doing the MariaDB, letsencrypt, and nextcloud dockers, I have a valid certificate in the logs of letsencrypt, etc.  Router port forwarding has to be correct since I am able to access on my lan (computers and android phone apps).  Hope someone has had this issue before and can direct what I need to do.  I know this is not a Nextcloud issue, but hoping someone has seen this during their install.  thanks.

sounds like you might have a mishap with your LE and it pointing to your nextcloud container.  Double check LE configs and make sure it's pointed to the right port.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Greygoose said:

 

Hi,

 

Big issue tonight, ive tried to upgrade my nextcloud docket following the above guide.

 

I have the following errors.  Even when i exit maintenance mode the webUi doesnt work. I would be most grateful for some assistance

 

root@82iyhk8766:/# sudo -u abc php7 /config/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade

Set log level to debug
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed

Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level

 

The error message says what your issue is. You can't jump from 16 to 18. You have to go from 16 to 17. Then 17 to 18.

Link to comment
On 1/27/2020 at 12:56 AM, Iceman24 said:

You're welcome. Make sure this area of your config.php looks like this.

'trusted_domains' =>
array (
0 => 'unRAIDIP:NextcloudPort',
1 => 'nextcloud.server.com',
),
'trusted_proxies' => array('unRAIDIP'),
'forwarded_for_headers' => array('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'),
'dbtype' => 'mysql',
'version' => '18.0.0.10',
'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.server.com',
'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.server.com',
'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

 

 

No port for the "unraidIP" part?

 

What do I exchange for "HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR" ?

 

Thanks

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Heciruam said:

Sadly it didn't fix it for me. Maybe I made a mistake.

 

This is what it looks like:

 

I will take a screenshot of mine as soon as they fix the internet in my area it's some maintenance for 2 hours.I will VPN my Unraid and post it.

 

Link to comment
10 hours ago, saarg said:

The error message says what your issue is. You can't jump from 16 to 18. You have to go from 16 to 17. Then 17 to 18.

Thanks mate, i got a bit flustered yesterday after a long day. Knocking out nextcloud wasn't the wisest move.

 

Did what you said, checked my version in the config folder.  Then got the old file from here

https://nextcloud.com/changelog/#latest15

 

Then followed the guide again changing that file to the download and all sorted.

 

I was on version 15.0.2

😣

 

 

Link to comment
On 2/3/2020 at 3:57 PM, presence06 said:

sounds like you might have a mishap with your LE and it pointing to your nextcloud container.  Double check LE configs and make sure it's pointed to the right port.

think you were right.  The original CNAME I set up was zosocloud.my-domain-name.org.  I was unable to figure out what I did wrong, so I walked through the configuration of the LE and NC files, one more time, with the same result.  After I failed, I changed my CNAME to nextcloud.my-domain-name.org and did the same configurations with the new cname and I was able to connect correctly.  There must be one of those configs that was looking for the default, nextcloud, and I don't know which one it is, but I am ok with the cname being Nextcloud... :)

Link to comment

I have my server up and running, but now I am trying to make sure it is running correctly.  Need some detailed help on how to fix some of these and I am just not savy enough to find the answers.  Can someone help?  I am sure it would help someone in the future when they are setting up the server.

 

UPDATE:  Found the commands to take care of the database errors, but I can not find a fix for the background process's.
image.thumb.png.d3109f61d9f5593bd1d970a6c85885b2.png
 

Edited by ZosoPage1963
found fix for some of the errors.
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Greygoose said:

Untitled.png.b47cd808c8a54339973a0eb58fffea70.png

Not sure how to resolve the issue im having.

 

2hrs of reading and trying stuff and still stuck.

 

Need help please guys/girls :(

Just reinstall it for 20 min not waste 2 hours reading.

Before that install Nextcloud client on Windows or Linux and mark all folders to backup and then restore them.

Link to comment
On 1/21/2020 at 6:12 AM, blaine07 said:

 


Okay, figured PHP junk out; no change.

Now I’m on to trying to figure out “fastcgi” stuff found here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

c1af9a8ecf5b11342d5be2b3fabdd077.png

bdfb7956209f350616241c50347d2fab.png

I just don’t understand where it’s telling me to make fastcgi changes.

Anyone had any experience with changing fastcgi stuff and have any advice? This deal literally driving me bonkers not being able to figure it out(uploading large files through iOS Nextcloud app). emoji2361.pngemoji2361.pngemoji2361.pngemoji26.pngemoji26.pngemoji26.png

I just don’t understand how no one else has hit this rock wall like I have.

 

Have to tell you that there is probably no solution for nextcloud speed problems, there is no difference is that iOS or NC windows app.

 

I have wasted tens and tens of hours for debugging it over past 2 years. It has to be related docker, unraid docker network or specifically to this NC container.  There are main 2 suspects on this case, for some reason php-fpm takes alot of time to process files that are uploaded ( 10mb chunks) and/or there is some specific internal docker network problem why it takes so long to transfer that file.

 

Another server with much less cpu and ram and there i can upload 500-800mbit/s (server is 700 km away from my home, without docker, it uses reverse proxy also). On that server it takes about 400-800ms to process one chunk(10mb), compare with unraid docker NC where it takes 2-3 seconds. 4 core cpu with lower ghz and 6gb ram can process 15 times faster NC on bare metal than dual cpu xeon with 64gb ram on docker.

 

There is no config file that i have not modified/tuned nginx, php, mysql, memcached, APCu, Redis... you name it 

Btw nginx and NC combo loves http1 not http2, there is alot talk about it on github/NC forum. Thats why im using on my second server http1 only, network speed went from 50mbit/s to almost gigabit.... 

 

However on my unraid server im out of ideas.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by ufo56
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Have to tell you that there is probably no solution for nextcloud speed problems, there is no difference is that iOS or NC windows app.
 
I have wasted tens and tens of hours for debugging it over past 2 years. It has to be related docker, unraid docker network or specifically to this NC container.  There are main 2 suspects on this case, for some reason php-fpm takes alot of time to process files that are uploaded ( 10mb chunks) and/or there is some specific internal docker network problem why it takes so long to transfer that file.
 
Another server with much less cpu and ram and there i can upload 500-800mbit/s (server is 700 km away from my home, without docker, it uses reverse proxy also). On that server it takes about 400-800ms to process one chunk(10mb), compare with unraid docker NC where it takes 2-3 seconds. 4 core cpu with lower ghz and 6gb ram can process 15 times faster NC on bare metal than dual cpu xeon with 64gb ram on docker.
 
There is no config file that i have not modified/tuned nginx, php, mysql, memcached, APCu, Redis... you name it 
Btw nginx and NC combo loves http1 not http2, there is alot talk about it on github/NC forum. Thats why im using on my second server http1 only, network speed went from 50mbit/s to almost gigabit.... 
 
However on my unraid server im out of ideas.
 
 
 
 
 
 


Yeah, similarly, I’ve almost tried everything within my capabilities. Hopefully it’s resolved one day. Like Nextcloud a lot, and despite drawbacks, their isn’t much out their self host able that compares IMO.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I wanted some users to be able to access a specific share folder on my unraid, including download files and uploading files, even changing directory structure, within the confines of that share folder. Will this solve my problem? And is the installation guide on the first post dated 2017 still valid/updated?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.