[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud


4930 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Just a quick question... I have just updated to v20. I got the following warning in relation to the encryption...

 

There are some warnings regarding your setup.

The old server-side-encryption format is enabled. We recommend disabling this. For more details see the documentation.

 

Which goes on to tell me to check files and then disable encryption... I have scanned the files as suggested but im just wondering should i decrypt the files rather than just disable the encryption as suggested? Or what is the best way to deal with this? I tried searching the thread for this but didnt see anything about it. cheers

Link to post
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Application Name: Nextcloud Application Site: https://nextcloud.com/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/nextcloud/ Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcl

Here's my list of instructions....    Use them at your own risk.....   If upgrading to v12 please see here:   ##Turn on maintenance mode docker exec -it nextcloud occ m

I replaced these lines in the '/mnt/cache/appdata/nextcloud/nginx/site-confs/default' file. (Adjust path to your appdata path, if it's different)   location = /.well-known/carddav { return

Posted Images

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction to update. NextCloud is showing that I’m running 18.0.7 and that the latest version is 18.0.10 but it keeps hanging on the update. I also know version 20 just came out. How does one upgrade to the latest version? Thanks. 

Link to post
I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction to update. NextCloud is showing that I’m running 18.0.7 and that the latest version is 18.0.10 but it keeps hanging on the update. I also know version 20 just came out. How does one upgrade to the latest version? Thanks. 
Do you have to select beta channel and go through the betas till you reach 20

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
58 minutes ago, tazire said:

i just followed the manual update process shown on the first post. 

i just did this and it was super easy.  docker exec -it nextcloud updater.phar

 

the highest it would go though is 19. something, no 20.

Edited by xman111
Link to post

Hi, trying to follow SpaceInvaderOne's change from letsencrypt to swag. Getting to the part about changing nextcloud's config, I don't have any trusted proxies under my config file. So, when I try to use swag and nextcloud I can't get in. Any tips? Thanks!

nextcloud config.jpg

Link to post
Hi,today i update to 19.04 and my update stuck on step 4 and now i cant update or do anything else.The command line did not work also.i get errors.Please help me to fix this problem.Thank you.
nextcloud.thumb.png.95c6fcec8bb99ceeaf33cc2f37a38a4b.png
nextcloud1.thumb.png.481d888072bb62428914fdfd5eec801e.png
look at post 3778 and try that

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
37 minutes ago, Vesko said:

Hi,today i update to 19.04 and my update stuck on step 4 and now i cant update or do anything else.The command line did not work also.i get errors.Please help me to fix this problem.Thank you.

nextcloud.png

nextcloud1.png

You need to remove the .step file in the /data/updater<random characters>/ folder. SSH in and rm .step

Link to post
2 hours ago, Vesko said:

Hi,today i update to 19.04 and my update stuck on step 4 and now i cant update or do anything else.The command line did not work also.i get errors.Please help me to fix this problem.Thank you.

nextcloud.png

nextcloud1.png

The commands are for the Unraid terminal not the docker console. 

Link to post

Yes,i update successful thanks to all you good people!!!

I SSH to Nextcloud and remove the .Step and then i run the command in Unraid teminal not in Nextcloud terminal and everything goes smoothly updated to 19.04.

 

Thank you!!!

Link to post

Hi,

Bit of an unRaid newbie so apologies in advance if this is a simple thing. I am getting a security error within the nextcloud docker container in unRaid:

"The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation."

 

I set up SWAG using spaceinvaderone's tutorial and took a look at his fix nextcloud common problems. I am not sure if i missed a step or something totally different. 

Link to post
37 minutes ago, Syed said:

Hi,

Bit of an unRaid newbie so apologies in advance if this is a simple thing. I am getting a security error within the nextcloud docker container in unRaid:

"The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation."

 

I set up SWAG using spaceinvaderone's tutorial and took a look at his fix nextcloud common problems. I am not sure if i missed a step or something totally different. 

was able to figure this out... thanks!

 

needed to add 'trusted_proxies' => ['swag'],

to the nextcloud config.php

Link to post
On 10/9/2020 at 5:59 AM, tazire said:

 

Just to give you some tips i have found to work for me if you can do it ofc. I have all my nextcloud data on dedicated ssd's and the appdata and database running on an nvme. these changes improved my experience so much. everything was super snappy.. all users have also been asking what i have done as their experience has been greatly improved also. I am still running mariaDB and havent migrated that... its possible that may improve things further for me but i havent felt the need as things are very very snappy now.

Intersting, thank you for this. Sadly I don't know that I have the SSD space to really do this right now, but perhaps in the future I could.

 

I do find it wierd though that the web UI for things like calendar/tasks/to-do are all slower though, file access I could understand since the data itself is stored as files in the nextcloud file share, but I would have thought all the other stuff is stored in the DB (which is on SSD cache drives)

Link to post
On 10/9/2020 at 1:38 PM, puncho said:

Hi, trying to follow SpaceInvaderOne's change from letsencrypt to swag. Getting to the part about changing nextcloud's config, I don't have any trusted proxies under my config file. So, when I try to use swag and nextcloud I can't get in. Any tips? Thanks!

nextcloud config.jpg

Any thoughts on this? :)

Link to post

How do I fix these 3 warning alerts? The Space Invader Tutorial is no longer valid with Swag. I need help. I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out.

 

"

The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips ↗.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation."

 

Also bonus points if someone can tell me how to change the temp in the dashboard to F instead of C. 

 

Link to post
How do I fix these 3 warning alerts? The Space Invader Tutorial is no longer valid with Swag. I need help. I'm losing my mind trying to figure this out.
 
"
The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips .
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.
Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation."
 
Also bonus points if someone can tell me how to change the temp in the dashboard to F instead of C. 
 
I'm having the same problem let me know if you get it fixed. 
How are you having the same problem if you can get to your settings and see those errors?

The first error it's easy to fix. In the config file they have that header commented out in the docker. I'm not at home and trying to go off the top of the my head but it's in the next cloud app that a folder and then in the NGINX folder

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
6 minutes ago, H2O_King89 said:

How are you having the same problem if you can get to your settings and see those errors?

The first error it's easy to fix. In the config file they have that header commented out in the docker. I'm not at home and trying to go off the top of the my head but it's in the next cloud app that a folder and then in the NGINX folder

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
 

nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default ? Add the codes from this video? This is all spanish to me. I'm a hardcore noob.  

 

Edited by ChromeFocus
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.