[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

5 hours ago, levster said:

I just noticed on my server that the letsencrypt is being deprecated and SWAG is the way to go. I know that this maybe a noob question, but is there an easy to follow set of instructions for the migration, hopefully without breaking anything? I hate to mess with something that is working well.

Thanks,

Lev

On 11/20/2020 at 9:40 PM, Mystic said:

@ skois - I seen you post.

I attempted to upload large files using the client and received the 504 error.  I am going to try to move thing over is small chunks since nextcloud doesn't like large chunks :)

I found a thread about using terminal to move data.  First I have to connect my Qnap to my Unraid server and then identify the location of the data and move it.  I am sure they make it sound easier then it is but it maybe my only choice.  I have this thread now sending me emails so I can keep up with your progress.

And of course once I figure out using terminal to transfer data I will let you know how it goes..

Today i did some further investigation.
When i uploaded a file and gave me the 504 error i open dev tools on chrome and noticed the url path. included the "dav"
So i mapped in Windows a network driver with webdav. Tried to upload 1gb file, it copied the file almost all. and it stuck at 99% (it was then uploading it to server) So after waiting for about 1 minute i got an error saying i should check my connection and try again. I though it was a random error because 1 min to upload 1gb with 20mbps is too fast. Tried again. about a minute in again. error. Tried 4gb, same time. With some math 20mbps in one minute can upload a little more than 100MB.
Then it hit me. 
Cloudflare proxy free tier have 100mb limitation on uploads (that also is a hint that webdav does not do any chunking.) 
So i set my nextcloud CNAME on cloudflare to DNS only instead of proxy. 
BOOM files start to upload correctly. Problem solved right? Nop.
There is a new limit now. I can upload with mapped webdav drive until 2gb. (2gb +1 byte failes instantly). (This needs further investigation)
So now was the time to test file uploads from WebGUI. 2GBs (exactly) uploaded succesfully!
2.1GB also succesfully! (Didn't expect that) Now trying 4GB file.

*EDIT1*

4GB returned the 504Error. I'll start looking on the reverse proxy nginx timeout configs..
*EDIT2*

Changed some timeouts to 15min on NPM and now i got "Error when assembling chunks, status code 524" instead of 504. 
ill try again with some huge time outs like 1day and see what happens.

*EDIT3*

I use NginxProxyManager, after adding my proxy host i go to /mnt/user/appdata/NginxProxyManager/nginx/proxy_host/numberoftheNChost.conf 
i copied the whole "location / " block and then i edited again the proxy host though webui (npm webui), Advanced tab.
Pasted the location /  block and added the following lines.

proxy_connect_timeout 1d;
proxy_send_timeout 1d;
proxy_read_timeout 1d;
send_timeout 1d;

Anywhere in the block doesn't matter.
After that a 5gb file upload is completed successfully. 
When i had it at 15min it didn't work, probably because the whole upload took almost an hour. 
I don't upload usually that large files through web gui but its nice to know that if i need to it will work ok.

Also there is open issue on nginxproxymanager github that someone asks to add the feature to edit the timeout from withing the gui. So we might see it there soon.

I think for now this is where my quest ends :)

*EDIT4* 

The above config helps also on the updater! No longer times out! (Just updated to NC 21 Beta1 on my test server. NC21 feels a bit faster!

BUT even if it succeeds it does not make ANY sense.

Cloudflare shouldn't block this upload though webgui because of the chunking. If i'm not mistaken default chunking size is 10mb.
Actually the upload was never blocked just failed assembling (but not!) If you wait a minute and refresh the page. The file is uploaded correctly and playable.
This might be a timeout setting.

I'll edit the last part later when file upload completes and if i have more findings

Edited by skois
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Wong said:

Updating to 2.0.3 wasn't really smooth though. There were errors throughout the updater process but I manage to install it. However, how do I solve the warning given by Nextcloud? Hopefully I am not the one seeing this only.

image.thumb.png.aae6430b0d9e5ac8c88c10b896777629.png

The command is in the first line of the warning...
occ db:add-missing-primary-keys

Also this have nothing to do with the updater errors you got on the updater.
On this version NC made some changes in the database, and need to add some primary keys :)

Edited by skois
3 minutes ago, skois said:

The command is in the first line of the warning...
occ db:add-missing-primary-keys

Also this have nothing to do with the updater errors you got on the updater.
On this version NC made some changes in the database, and need to add some primary keys :)

Thanks for the quick reply, you guys are awesome. I am still quite bad at terminal command. I just copy and pasted the command line just now, it stated command not found. Could you list down all the command line I should execute? Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Wong said:

Thanks for the quick reply, you guys are awesome. I am still quite bad at terminal command. I just copy and pasted the command line just now, it stated command not found. Could you list down all the command line I should execute? Thanks.

You probably tried to execute the command on the unraid's terminal.
This command is to be runned bu the nextcloud container. So, 
click on the NC docker and click console. Run the mentioned command there

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, skois said:

You probably tried to execute the command on the unraid's terminal.
This command is to be runned bu the nextcloud container. So, 
click on the NC docker and click console. Run the mentioned command there

Your feedback solved my problem. Yeah I was running on the Unraid terminal instead of the docker console. Thanks for the helps!!! 

• Like 1

Hello,

Just started using Unraid and so far so good. Installed a couple of apps and looks good.

Installed Nextcloud, DuckDNS and Swag.  Works amazing I have my own domain and everything.

Followed a couple of very useful tutorials from here and got me going and If I was to believe the NextCloud security scanner everything validates  with flying colours.

I have two issues that I couldn't find any answers anywhere.

1. The nextCloud Overview keeps showing the warning:

"The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips"

However in my ssl.conf in Swag I have 

# HSTS, remove # from the line below to enable HSTS
add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload" always;

Restarted the containers a couple of times with no success

2.On the main Nextcloud dashboard the weather picks up my location however the time is way off Ex -7 C at 2PM. Not sure where it reads that time from. I have updated the date.timezone in php.ini with the right one but still no luck

I couldn't find anywhere else where I could fix this

If anyone can kindly point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

PS: All the installs (NextCloud, DuckDns, Swag) are the latest versions as of 2 days ago,

Hi there.
I just installed the docker container just as the SpaceinvaderOne instructions. Using Maria DB. It is working as intended on WAN.

But I'm behind CGNat. Nothing that I can do (Internet without CGNat or a VPS are not options)

I use ZeroTier to remote access my server. It is a very neat and clean way. All containers that are with bridge as network I can access normally just using the IP address from ZeroTier:Port.

But the Nextcloud gives me a "400 Bad Request - The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port"

I tried to edit /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php like this:

$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'ockbsyci1slc',
  'passwordsalt' => 'ImNotSureIfThisShouldBeOnTheInternet',
  'secret' => 'ItReallyDoesNotSoundLikeThisShouldBeOnTheInternet',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.100.100:444',
    1 => '172.25.235.156:444',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '20.0.3.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://192.168.100.100:444',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.100.100:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'SuperDuperSecurePassword',
  'installed' => true,

Where 192.168.100.100 is the server local address, 444 is the port for Nextclooud and 172.25.235.156 is the server address over ZeroTierOne.

but still no dice...

What am missing here?

13 minutes ago, GuilhermeFluis said:

Hi there.
I just installed the docker container just as the SpaceinvaderOne instructions. Using Maria DB. It is working as intended on WAN.

But I'm behind CGNat. Nothing that I can do (Internet without CGNat or a VPS are not options)

I use ZeroTier to remote access my server. It is a very neat and clean way. All containers that are with bridge as network I can access normally just using the IP address from ZeroTier:Port.

But the Nextcloud gives me a "400 Bad Request - The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port"

I tried to edit /mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config/config.php like this:

$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'ockbsyci1slc',
  'passwordsalt' => 'ImNotSureIfThisShouldBeOnTheInternet',
  'secret' => 'ItReallyDoesNotSoundLikeThisShouldBeOnTheInternet',
  'trusted_domains' => 
  array (
    0 => '192.168.100.100:444',
    1 => '172.25.235.156:444',
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '20.0.3.2',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '192.168.100.100:3306',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbpassword' => 'SuperDuperSecurePassword',
  'installed' => true,

Where 192.168.100.100 is the server local address, 444 is the port for Nextclooud and 172.25.235.156 is the server address over ZeroTierOne.

but still no dice...

What am missing here?

Didn't mention anything about your SSL config. This looks like a typical SSL missing/misconfigured. Either disable SSL in NginX or enable it and get a cert 

As far as I understood you are trying to access the address in http which in return is forcefully being redirected to https that is missing the SSL and thus giving you the error. I may be wrong but this is what I understood from your post.

11 minutes ago, rainfactor said:

Didn't mention anything about your SSL config. This looks like a typical SSL missing/misconfigured. Either disable SSL in NginX or enable it and get a cert 

As far as I understood you are trying to access the address in http which in return is forcefully being redirected to https that is missing the SSL and thus giving you the error. I may be wrong but this is what I understood from your post.

You are probably right, since I didn't configure anything about SSL...

I would not even know how to start...

how could I disable?

9 minutes ago, GuilhermeFluis said:

You are probably right, since I didn't configure anything about SSL...

I would not even know how to start...

how could I disable?

nginx conf >>> ssl off. Or if  misunderstood you and don't use nginx after all just remove the line 

Edited by rainfactor
added content
1 minute ago, GuilhermeFluis said:

Not trying to abuse my stay, but could you be a little bit more detailed than this? this is on the web interface? where? I don`t have a nginx docker, so I'm supposing that this is on the nextcloud docker... it is on the command line on the docker?

That's ok :).  Read the full sentence. Remove the https portion from the config 

Going from:

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://192.168.100.100:444',  to. 'overwrite.cli.url' => '',

That line as per Nextcloud docs is used for proxy configs which you said you didn't use

Source : https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/16/admin_manual/configuration_server/config_sample_php_parameters.html?highlight=overwrite cli url#proxy-configurations

On 1/26/2020 at 6:56 PM, Iceman24 said:

You're welcome. Make sure this area of your config.php looks like this.

'trusted_domains' =>
array (
0 => 'unRAIDIP:NextcloudPort',
1 => 'nextcloud.server.com',
),
'trusted_proxies' => array('unRAIDIP'),
'forwarded_for_headers' => array('HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'),
'dbtype' => 'mysql',
'version' => '18.0.0.10',
'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.server.com',
'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.server.com',
'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

Just wanted to also thank you for posting this, helped me clear the errors from the GUI :) 

I just migrated on my test server from postgres to linuxserver/mariadb (10.4). How i can know if 4byte support is enabled? 
After conversion i see this on my config.php 

'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,

But using dbeaver i see

Default charaset: uft8

Default Collation: utf8_general_ci 

also on variables i see 

binlog_format: MIXED

tx_isolation: REPEATABLE-READ

Docs says to change to 

binlog_format: ROW

tx_isolation: READ-COMMITTED

If needed, How i can fix the above?

Hi,

When trying to connect to onlyoffice from nextcloud, I get the following error "Error when trying to connect (cURL error 28: Failed to connect to office.xxx.com port 443: Operation timed out (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html))"

If I go to https://office.xxx.com, I do get redirected to the welcome page.

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

server_name office.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
                include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
                resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
                set $upstream_docs onlyoffice-document-server; <<< docker name
                proxy_pass https://$upstream_docs:443;
                proxy_redirect off;
                proxy_set_header Host $host;
                proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $server_name;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        }
}

Please help!

Edited by Kira
On 12/11/2020 at 11:04 AM, skois said:

Ok if the file size is the problem only, then let's start with simple "fixes" 
go to path/to/appdata/nextcloud/php 
edit your php-local.ini 

The part you actually need is the first and specifically 

post_max_size.
The rest is just optimizations i did. If you want you are welcome to include them.

; Edit this file to override php.ini directives and restart the container

date.timezone = Europe/Athens
upload_max_filesize=16G
memory_limit=8G
max_execution_time=7200
max_input_time=7200
post_max_size=16G
max_file_uploads = 200
default_socket_timeout = 7200

; Enable PHP OPcache https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/server_tuning.html#enable-php-opcache
opcache.enable=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

Hey Skois, so I edited my php-local.ini file and changed my upload_max_filesize=100G as well as the other changes you made in the first block of text but I am still having the same issue for uploads when not logged in. 

My php file now reads:

```

date.timezone = America/Los_Angeles
upload_max_filesize=100G
memory_limit=8G
max_execution_time=7200
max_input_time=7200
post_max_size=100G
max_file_uploads = 200

```

Any other suggestions? 

On 12/15/2020 at 10:19 AM, rainfactor said:

Hello,

Just started using Unraid and so far so good. Installed a couple of apps and looks good.

Installed Nextcloud, DuckDNS and Swag.  Works amazing I have my own domain and everything.

Followed a couple of very useful tutorials from here and got me going and If I was to believe the NextCloud security scanner everything validates  with flying colours.

I have two issues that I couldn't find any answers anywhere.

1. The nextCloud Overview keeps showing the warning:

"The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not set to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the security tips"

However in my ssl.conf in Swag I have 

# HSTS, remove # from the line below to enable HSTS
add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload" always;

Restarted the containers a couple of times with no success

2.On the main Nextcloud dashboard the weather picks up my location however the time is way off Ex -7 C at 2PM. Not sure where it reads that time from. I have updated the date.timezone in php.ini with the right one but still no luck

I couldn't find anywhere else where I could fix this

If anyone can kindly point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

PS: All the installs (NextCloud, DuckDns, Swag) are the latest versions as of 2 days ago,

Found the solution to my 1st problem.  Enabled the HSTS in the default.conf in Nginx and not in ssl.conf like I thought. Everything is green now. Still trying to figure out where are the timezone settings in Nextcloud

11 hours ago, Falcowe said:

Hey Skois, so I edited my php-local.ini file and changed my upload_max_filesize=100G as well as the other changes you made in the first block of text but I am still having the same issue for uploads when not logged in. 

My php file now reads:

```

date.timezone = America/Los_Angeles
upload_max_filesize=100G
memory_limit=8G
max_execution_time=7200
max_input_time=7200
post_max_size=100G
max_file_uploads = 200

```

Any other suggestions? 

If you create a drop link (upload only link) while you are connected via your local ip and try to upload with this link does it work?
Can you share your appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config\config.php file?
PLEASE HIDE SENSITIVE INFO!

7 minutes ago, Martintheshred said:

Hi There thank you for all the work you have done with this Nextcloud Docker. I am trying to do the update like I have done previously through the updater and I keep running into this issue can anybody help and advise what I am doing wrong.  

Cheers 

Martin 

785888494_NextCloudUpdateError.thumb.png.672678058840251db34b64e09e5677ca.png

You must be using macs in your network?
Go to your nextcloud data folder and delete all the .DS_Store files you find.
Its temp files created by macs, safe to delete.

Here is a script that will do it for you

1 hour ago, skois said:

If you create a drop link (upload only link) while you are connected via your local ip and try to upload with this link does it work?
Can you share your appdata\nextcloud\www\nextcloud\config\config.php file?
PLEASE HIDE SENSITIVE INFO!

No it doesn't. I do get a different error though than the upload and edit side gets. 

For the upload and editing I get the error: "An unknown error has occurred". And nothing happens after that.

With the upload only I get the error: "Could not upload "[FILE NAME]" ". I this case it was a mov file. 

Finally you left a note to "Please hide sensitive info!" did I post sensitive info? I thought I hadn't.