[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

2 hours ago, Greygoose said:

I have an issue, not sure if this is common.

I was using the openoffice docker to edit my nextcloud documents within nextcloud.  It has not stopped, saying the docker 30day licenses has expired.

How to I resolve this issue please?  I stopped the docker and now i get this issues.

Is there a new method to setup only office or any other way to edit documents within nextcloud?

That is a question for the onlyoffice container you are using and not our nextcloud container.

On 11/27/2018 at 5:29 PM, LifeBasher said:

Does any1 know how to put thumbnail on the video listed in files folder? i know there's stuff about libreoffice and ffmpeg but how can we install that on unraid? :S any idea?

Thanks

I am also wondering how to install ffmpeg to be able to generate thumbnail for video files.

Does anyone know how to do this?

On 1/23/2021 at 5:42 PM, skois said:

I'm having hard time setting up PreviewGenerator. I'm following this great guide, and when i try to run 

occ config:app:set previewgenerator widthSizes  --value="256 384"

i'm getting 

Too many arguments to "config:app:set" command, expected arguments "app" "name".                                                                                     
config:app:set [--output [OUTPUT]] [--value VALUE] [--update-only] [--] <app> <name>

I have found issue on github, that says to run the command as an abc user. But then i get that abc user is not it the sudoers file.

I also opened an issue on github but didn't have any activity from someone who knows. I can't find out if this is a problem of the Preview Generator or of the LSIO docker.

Any ideas?

@skois idk if you ever got this answered, but here's the format in case you still need it:

root@048509f9b924:/# sudo -u abc  /usr/bin/php -f ./config/www/nextcloud/occ config:app:set previewgenerator squareSizes --va
lue="32 256"

Just open the console, run that, and you're set (modify to suit) - the issue with yours above is:

* Since their shell defaults to bash, you must first call php - bash doesn't understand the command context as it's php input (the application itself is being modified, so we're in effect 'writing in php' here - pretty much everything in this docker is web code, written in php)

* all executions of code by the LSIO docker are done by user 'abc' - as this is the user running the web apps, we use the same user to make changes to those apps, and -

* when executing under that user, it doesn't have 'occ' as an available command in /usr/bin - abc is a restricted/non-root account, and because that user doesn't have the command linked in bin, you have to call the source path for the command. If you're more familiar with Windows, you could think of this like running an application that's only installed under another users Windows profile (sorta...)

If you didn't already have it sorted, hope this helps!

2 hours ago, BVD said:

@skois idk if you ever got this answered, but here's the format in case you still need it:

root@048509f9b924:/# sudo -u abc  /usr/bin/php -f ./config/www/nextcloud/occ config:app:set previewgenerator squareSizes --va
lue="32 256"

Just open the console, run that, and you're set (modify to suit) - the issue with yours above is:

* Since their shell defaults to bash, you must first call php - bash doesn't understand the command context as it's php input (the application itself is being modified, so we're in effect 'writing in php' here - pretty much everything in this docker is web code, written in php)

* all executions of code by the LSIO docker are done by user 'abc' - as this is the user running the web apps, we use the same user to make changes to those apps, and -

* when executing under that user, it doesn't have 'occ' as an available command in /usr/bin - abc is a restricted/non-root account, and because that user doesn't have the command linked in bin, you have to call the source path for the command. If you're more familiar with Windows, you could think of this like running an application that's only installed under another users Windows profile (sorta...)

If you didn't already have it sorted, hope this helps!

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I though i had edited my post to include also the issue i had opened in LSIO docker github, in which we found the solution. They supposedly would update the docs to notice users for this cases but they didn't and i don't think they would 
https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-nextcloud/issues/179

I have setup a next cloud instance and when following spaceinvaders instructions for editing the config.php file i now get this error:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the webserver log.

I have been able to get this working in the past using exact same method

I use nginx proxy manager and have this set correctly - other proxy hosts work!

Error log attached

error-edit.log

18 minutes ago, bdydrp said:

I have setup a next cloud instance and when following spaceinvaders instructions for editing the config.php file i now get this error:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the webserver log.

I have been able to get this working in the past using exact same method

I use nginx proxy manager and have this set correctly - other proxy hosts work!

Error log attached

error-edit.log 4.25 kB · 0 downloads

Well logs say it clearly, there is a syntax error on your config.

Ill need to post my config file shortly then, because,  clearly im blind and cant see the error!
Try different editor, some times single quotes might be look same but they are very different

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Hello, I am trying to install the Nextcloud container but am met with a PHP fatal error everytime I try to load the front end for the first time:
FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Pimple\Container' not found in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/AppFramework/Utility/SimpleContainer.php:52

Does anyone have any idea why its throwing that error? This is hosted on an unRAID server 6.9.1

Pastebin link to error in log: https://pastebin.com/FFTYNvba

14 hours ago, skois said:

Try different editor, some times single quotes might be look same but they are very different

Went back over my config line by line and found a missing 'comma' at the end of a line!!!

Argrhhhhhh. Something so simple causing me lots headaches!!

Went back over my config line by line and found a missing 'comma' at the end of a line!!!
Argrhhhhhh. Something so simple causing me lots headaches!!
It's always something small , we all been there!

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been researching about nextcloud for the entire night, I'm seeing that I need to do ALOT of customization in order for me to get this working... I know this is "free", but is it just me or this is ridiculously complex compared to other docker containers? I originally thought it was a cool way of moving my OneDrive photos, but when I start reading all these customization to make nextcloud equipped with similar functionality, I'm starting to appreciate M365 more...

am I the only one feels this way?? I can't be that stupid...

Edited by takkkkkkk
8 minutes ago, takkkkkkk said:

I've been researching about nextcloud for the entire night, I'm seeing that I need to do ALOT of customization in order for me to get this working... I know this is "free", but is it just me or this is ridiculously complex compared to other docker containers? I originally thought it was a cool way of moving my OneDrive photos, but when I start reading all these customization to make nextcloud equipped with similar functionality, I'm starting to appreciate M365 more...

Nextcloud is a lot different that most containers, because i have or can have the functionality of a lot of the combined.
Usually most of the "Apps" are 1 click install, some of them need external services to run, like Redis, Collabora, ElasticSearch.
Some need extra packages installed like pdlib.  

This particular container is based on alpine which alpine does not have yet a stable pdlib package, it's still on testing, That's why LinuxServer team haven't included it yet.

You can however install the package, manually or by making a script to install it on every docker restart or every update of the docker.

But I would recommend be first more familiar with Nextcloud first.

• Like 1

So I updated to 21.0.1 today and I had a few errors after. I will address them here and I hope they will help others to fix them quick.

I had errors referring to my nginx config /.well-known/carddav, caldav, webfinger etc. Here is my nextcloud nginx config section about that

location ^~ /.well-known {
      location = /.well-known/carddav     { return 301 /remote.php/dav/; }
      location = /.well-known/caldav      { return 301 /remote.php/dav/; }
      location = /.well-known/webfinger   { return 301 /index.php$uri; }
      location ^~ /.well-known            { return 301 /index.php$uri; }

try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
      }

I had them different before and apparently they do not work in this version.

Also I had an error reffering to some db indices. Fo these you go into nextcloud container console and run

sudo -u abc php /config/www/nextcloud/occ db:add-missing-indices

And another one was reffering to default phone region. You have to add your phone region in config.php

'default_phone_region' => 'GB',

You have to replace GB with your country specific code. You can find it here

I hope this is useful info.

Edited by andreidelait
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, andreidelait said:

So I updated to 21.0.1 today and I had a few errors after. I will address them here and I hope they will help others to fix them quick.

I had errors referring to my nginx config /.well-known/carddav, caldav, webfinger etc. Here is my swag nginx config section about that

}

Also I had an error reffering to some db indices. Fo these you go into nextcloud container console and run

And another one was reffering to default phone region. You have to add your phone region in config.php

The well-known info needs to be added to the nextcloud nginx config and not the swag config. We've already updated this and mentioned it in the changelog for nextcloud.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

The well-known info needs to be added to the nextcloud nginx config and not the swag config. We've already updated this and mentioned it in the changelog for nextcloud.

Thank you for making it clear. I've edited the post above and I can confirm if works after moving that section from swag to nextcloud default config.

@andreidelait I got the same errors like you after the update. The missing indices and the default phone region is easy to fix, but I'am kinda struggling finding the correct file to edit for adjusting the cardav, caldav, webfinger issue.

3 hours ago, andreidelait said:

I had errors referring to my nginx config /.well-known/carddav, caldav, webfinger etc. Here is my nextcloud nginx config section about that

1 hour ago, j0nnymoe said:

Can you guys please hint me to the correct path where i can find/edit/adjust these entries. I'am kinda confused right now. I know I've edited this before, over a year ago and can't find it anymore.

Thanks

4 hours ago, andreidelait said:

}

Thank you!

All of these steps worked for me to get the "All checks passed" after upgrading to 21.0.1.

The only additional thing I had to do was clear my browser cache in order for it to get rid of this error:

Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/webfinger".

Edited by carnivorebrah
On 4/6/2021 at 11:31 PM, takkkkkkk said:

At first, it almost certainly must feel that way to most, I'm sure. But let's take a quick look at what all one can do with nextcloud (both by default, and by adding plugins from the hub) by thinking about what other containers we'd need in order to accomplish similar tasks:

• Syncthing (and various others) - Sync files between multiple devices automatically, retain backups of files/file versions, and so on
  • Youtransfer - web sharing of files to guests/etc
  • MakeMKV (ffmpeg) - Convert video files (seems ridiculous to have this in 'the cloud', but it's surprised me by being ridiculously handy)
  • Wiznote - Collaborative notes co-editing/sharing system
  • GooglePhotoSync- Except not just photos, and not limited to just you; anyone on your cloud can backup/sync all their google data (drive/photos/calendar/contacts) with a single server setup
  • Jitsi - Video conferencing, instant messaging, and screensharing (I'm really surprised at how well this works... I'd honestly expected it to be a crippling amount of load to run, but the user machines actually handle the vast majority of it. Very well implemented!)
  • Kanban - Project/task management/tracking
  • playSMS / Google Messages - Send text messages from your laptop/desktop to all those contacts you're automatically backup up each night to nextcloud from your iOS / Android device that has the mobile app installed
  • CherryMusic / Airsonic (etc) - Fairly decent music streaming app; allows you to use the media keys on your keyboard for control, and so on

The list goes on - frankly, nextcloud's power sometimes means danger for those who aren't willing to invest the time into configuration and tuning, as simply installing all the plugins to do all-the-things while doing nothing to tune them to their environment will usually result in an atrociously performing cloud mess. The amount of effort one has to go through to get a full nextcloud+plugins deployment (as opposed to just the base file sharing/sync functionality) operating smoothly and efficiently shouldn't be underestimated.

However, if you're willing to invest the time into it, tuning and tweaking the various components involved, you'll have a cloud that can rival almost anything out there from billion+ dollar companies. As long as one goes into it with their eyes open, understanding that they'll have a little homework in tuning php, postgres (it's far more performant for me than maria in my exp), nginx, and occasionally storage and network stack, they'll be mightily pleased with the outcome once it's finished.

1 hour ago, bastl said:

@andreidelait I got the same errors like you after the update. The missing indices and the default phone region is easy to fix, but I'am kinda struggling finding the correct file to edit for adjusting the cardav, caldav, webfinger issue.

Can you guys please hint me to the correct path where i can find/edit/adjust these entries. I'am kinda confused right now. I know I've edited this before, over a year ago and can't find it anymore.

Thanks

/config/nginx/site-confs/default

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bastl said:

Thanks

The file should be named "default" and located in \appdata\nextcloud\nginx\site-confs

• Thanks 1