[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

25 minutes ago, skois said:

I can't find anything helpful :/ I  saw you opened an issue on github, fill the issue template they have, and i think they will help you, and also might help fix a bug!

Remember! Before you share you config.php there, REMOVE Sensitive info, like secrets, passwords, domains, etc.

Yes thank you for looking at it. What if i delete my nextcloud docker and reinstalled it, would my data still be there if i copied the config file & .htaccess file to it? 

3 minutes ago, akash3230 said:

Yes thank you for looking at it. What if i delete my nextcloud docker and reinstalled it, would my data still be there if i copied the config file & .htaccess file to it? 

Your data will be there, but you will have to recreate all shares, users, tasks, calendars settings , everything.
because all that is on the database, which seems to have the problem.

I'd say, use your backup, at 20.0.9, file the issue on nextcloud's github (with the template filled).
They might point you to an easy solution, Otherwise, wait until 21.0.1 is out (it's scheduled for 20-may-21) .
If it fails then, and no solutions on github, they you can go ahead and re install.

• The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

Here's my nextcloud.subdomain.conf

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
# assuming this container is called "letsencrypt", edit your nextcloud container's config
# located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
#  'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],
#  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
#  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
#
# Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
#  array (
#    0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
#    1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  ),

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
    add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" always;
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;
    }
}

I've also tried uncommenting out the X-Frames-Options issue in the ssl.conf to no avail.

I just don't see what I'm missing.

2 hours ago, TBoneStaek said:
  • The reverse proxy header configuration is incorrect, or you are accessing Nextcloud from a trusted proxy. If not, this is a security issue and can allow an attacker to spoof their IP address as visible to the Nextcloud. Further information can be found in the documentation.
  • The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not set to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk, as it is recommended to adjust this setting accordingly.

Here's my nextcloud.subdomain.conf

# make sure that your dns has a cname set for nextcloud
# assuming this container is called "letsencrypt", edit your nextcloud container's config
# located at /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and add the following lines before the ");":
#  'trusted_proxies' => ['letsencrypt'],
#  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.your-domain.com/',
#  'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',
#
# Also don't forget to add your domain name to the trusted domains array. It should look somewhat like this:
#  array (
#    0 => '192.168.0.1:444', # This line may look different on your setup, don't modify it.
#    1 => 'nextcloud.your-domain.com',
#  ),

server {
    listen 443 ssl;
    listen [::]:443 ssl;

server_name nextcloud.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
    add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN" always;
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;
        proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;
        proxy_pass https://$upstream_nextcloud:443;
    }
}

I've also tried uncommenting out the X-Frames-Options issue in the ssl.conf to no avail.

I just don't see what I'm missing.

You need to check the swag logs and update the config files it mentions.

4 hours ago, sgt_spike said:

I've created a share for my nextcloud data.  I've created a few users but I don't see a folder created with their user name and I don't know where their files are going.

Also, can I add an existing share to be able to upload files to a certain folder?

You have to be more specific.

* You created a share in Unraid and mounted it into the Nextcloud docker as /data?
* You created a share IN the nextcloud? If so, with what users did you shared it? Can this users see the share?

* Also i'm not sure what you mean with your last question, because it can also imply both of the above points.

Thanks

6 hours ago, skois said:

You have to be more specific.

* You created a share in Unraid and mounted it into the Nextcloud docker as /data?
* You created a share IN the nextcloud? If so, with what users did you shared it? Can this users see the share?

* Also i'm not sure what you mean with your last question, because it can also imply both of the above points.

Thanks

Yes, I created a share in Unraid, named the share Nextcloud and mounted that as the /data. 

I didn't create a share in Nextcloud.  I thought creating the users would create user folders within the Unraid share to see their files.  I have uploaded photos from a users account but I cannot see those photo in Unraid.

As for the last question, I also have a share in Unraid called Photos.  I wanted users to have access to this folder as well to upload photos to this specific folder. 

Yes, I created a share in Unraid, named the share Nextcloud and mounted that as the /data. 

I didn't create a share in Nextcloud.  I thought creating the users would create user folders within the Unraid share to see their files.  I have uploaded photos from a users account but I cannot see those photo in Unraid.

As for the last question, I also have a share in Unraid called Photos.  I wanted users to have access to this folder as well to upload photos to this specific folder. 
Post your nextcloud config ( click on docker > edit) (with the advanced option turned on, top right corner button)

And also the share you created on unraid

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, skois said:

Post your nextcloud config ( click on docker > edit) (with the advanced option turned on, top right corner button)

And also the share you created on unraid

The users I created aren't in the Unraid share Chrisscloud.  There should be three, brad.chriss, tammy.chriss, peggy.chriss

The admin user I created (ChrissCloud) is there, and another user btchriss, which has been deleted is still there

Screenshot 2021-04-28 074148.png

Screenshot 2021-04-28 074204.png

The users I created aren't in the Unraid share Chrisscloud.  There should be three, brad.chriss, tammy.chriss, peggy.chriss

The admin user I created (ChrissCloud) is there, and another user btchriss, which has been deleted is still there
527880572_Screenshot2021-04-28074148.png.810b032c83fa258a60364a48ebbb3ba6.png
1873946606_Screenshot2021-04-28074204.png.b508ba038cade0a2f4e070628448efc8.png
Have you logged in with the other users at least 1 time?
Also why there is 2 appdata-hash folders?

Was there old installation on this unraid share?

1 minute ago, skois said:

Have you logged in with the other users at least 1 time?
Also why there is 2 appdata-hash folders?

Was there old installation on this unraid share?

Yes, there was an older install.  I have logged into those accounts at least once

Yes, there was an older install.  I have logged into those accounts at least once
If there isn't any errors on the nextcloud >settings >logging. I don't know..

If you used the old db and somehow made new installation on top of it, then might this messed it up

Hi all,

im searching for a way to use webdav with "normal" shares. I often read about nextcloud as it supports webdav. I would like to use nextcloud as a dropbox alterantive anyway, so maybe this is a win-win.

What i don't want is to access nextcloud (or its files/userfolders) via webdav, but shares already existing on the system. (e.g. like a Documents share). So my question is if it is possible to enable nextcloud to access normal shares to allow webdav access to them!?

1 hour ago, dehein2 said:

Hi all,

im searching for a way to use webdav with "normal" shares. I often read about nextcloud as it supports webdav. I would like to use nextcloud as a dropbox alterantive anyway, so maybe this is a win-win.

What i don't want is to access nextcloud (or its files/userfolders) via webdav, but shares already existing on the system. (e.g. like a Documents share). So my question is if it is possible to enable nextcloud to access normal shares to allow webdav access to them!?

You need to
* install the plugin (aka App) External Storage, 
* Mount the folders (documents,etc) you want in the nextcloud docker template. (Just like its mount the config and data folder)
* Go to settings > Externa storages, and "add" the folders you mounted on the docker as external storage.
* You can now access them via webdav, share them, etc

@skois Thank you - sounds good.

How does it work rg. rights management. Does the user running the docker container have full R/W rights to all shares?

And how does rights management in nextcloud work. I guess nextcloud users are not connected to unraid users, correct? So can i assign the External storage in nextcloud to certain users?

8 minutes ago, dehein2 said:

@skois Thank you - sounds good.

How does it work rg. rights management. Does the user running the docker container have full R/W rights to all shares?

And how does rights management in nextcloud work. I guess nextcloud users are not connected to unraid users, correct? So can i assign the External storage in nextcloud to certain users?

If you give your users access only via webdav or via nextcloud only, you set the permissions on the external storages and nextcoud shares.

7 hours ago, skois said:

If there isn't any errors on the nextcloud >settings >logging. I don't know..

If you used the old db and somehow made new installation on top of it, then might this messed it up

I started all over again. 

I wiped and deleted the unraid share.  I deleted the DB. And I uninstalled the nextcloud container. 

I created a new unraid share and db.  I downloaded the nextcloud container and pointed the /data to the unraid share. 

I have it running and can upload files.  At least I can in nextcloud.  I can see them on a user's dashboard.  The unraid share doesn't have any files I've uploaded. 

This is puzzling to me.  Where are the files being stored?  I have the unraid share set to use the cache.  

Screenshot 2021-04-28 153407.png

Screenshot 2021-04-28 153442.png

nextcloud.log

25 minutes ago, sgt_spike said:

I started all over again. 

I wiped and deleted the unraid share.  I deleted the DB. And I uninstalled the nextcloud container. 

I created a new unraid share and db.  I downloaded the nextcloud container and pointed the /data to the unraid share. 

I have it running and can upload files.  At least I can in nextcloud.  I can see them on a user's dashboard.  The unraid share doesn't have any files I've uploaded. 

This is puzzling to me.  Where are the files being stored?  I have the unraid share set to use the cache.  

Screenshot 2021-04-28 153407.png

Screenshot 2021-04-28 153442.png

nextcloud.log 9.73 kB · 0 downloads

image.png.a7f9fdd3bd76ca27c40aebc45008f975.pngWhat did you set this Data folder while installing?

1 hour ago, sgt_spike said:

It was already set to /data and in the container was set to my unraid share 

A little late to the party, but you made two users with the same name, only difference was the difference in capital letters. If you look in the picture of your /data folder you can see that all user folders are in small letters, so that will be a problem.

As for the issue athat there are no folders in the share you chose for /data when installing it fresh, that sounds like you didn't set the path to /data when you went through the installer.

Do you see the folders if you check the directory inside the container?

1 hour ago, saarg said:

A little late to the party, but you made two users with the same name, only difference was the difference in capital letters. If you look in the picture of your /data folder you can see that all user folders are in small letters, so that will be a problem.

As for the issue athat there are no folders in the share you chose for /data when installing it fresh, that sounds like you didn't set the path to /data when you went through the installer.

Do you see the folders if you check the directory inside the container?

Well I didn't have two users with the same username.  However I did figure out what happened during the second install.  At first the data folder was set to \data then an error occurred with the db connection.  After correcting that I hadn't noticed the data directory was changed to www\nextcloud\data or something like that....

Now after the three install,  it all works

5 hours ago, TheBurgundyBear said:

Hi folks! Been browsing the forum and other places on the interwebs but I haven't come across a solution that I understand. How do we get thumbnails for MP4s?? I feel like this has to be really simple and I must be missing something. Explain it to me like I'm a noob, which I am :)

I have this in my config.php , and i'm getting mp4 previews.

Btw if you want to have thumbnails on new uploads, you need to add a cronjob generating them.

https://github.com/rullzer/previewgenerator#how-does-the-app-work

'enabledPreviewProviders' => 
  array (
    0 => 'OC\\Preview\\Image',
    1 => 'OC\\Preview\\MP3',
    2 => 'OC\\Preview\\TXT',
    3 => 'OC\\Preview\\PDF',
    4 => 'OC\\Preview\\Movie',
    5 => 'OC\\Preview\\Photoshop',
    6 => 'OC\\Preview\\TIFF',
    7 => 'OC\\Preview\\SVG',
    8 => 'OC\\Preview\\OpenDocument',
  ),

On 4/9/2021 at 11:56 PM, BVD said:

Right after an update, the cache will usually need to be rebuilt, as the DB indices are updated and the existing cache is essentially no longer 'valid' (the cache doesn't get it's existing contents updated). I'd give it some time and re-evaluate.

Its a gone a while and its not become any faster in switching between the tabs like dashboard and files and stuff. Its slower than Nextcloud 20 for me, and pings the CPU harder.