[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud


Recommended Posts

@linuxserver.io

Lately I have some CVE attacks on my Unraid due to Nextcloud container using nginx v1.18.0. The attacks are being blocked by Netgear Armor (Bitdefender) and I only receive a notification that it was blocked and it says there is a vulnerability due to nginx v1.18.0.

 

Is there a way to update nginx to a newer/secure version?

 

Thanks

Screenshot from 2021-09-02 17-46-31.png

Link to comment

That could explain a lot.

In my case, setup is going well. But the instant I open the instance to the outside (activating my reverse proxy with swag), it got hacked and I am redirected to some random spam site when I try to connect to my nextcloud. Always the same. Even after deleting the docker and reconfigure it from scratch. Each time.

Edited by Fl4v1en
Link to comment

Unraid 6.9.2

 

following guide in POST 1 

create share, install mariadb, setup maria DB

 

Install nextcloud..... and ERROR...

upon opening nextcloud GUI for first time i get error
 

Composer autoloader not found, unable to continue. Check the folder "3rdparty". Running "git submodule update --init" will initialize the git submodule that handles the subfolder "3rdparty".

in the logs i find 

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
using keys found in /config/keys
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-install: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-install: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-memcache: executing...
cp: cannot create regular file '/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php': No such file or directory
[cont-init.d] 60-memcache: exited 1.
[cont-init.d] 70-aliases: executing...
[cont-init.d] 70-aliases: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: executing...
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-files: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

 

 

what did i do wrong....?

 

feels like a permission thing...  according to the instructions from SpaceinvaderOne's video, i've followed all the steps.
what did i do wrong?

Edited by TRusselo
Link to comment

Fix:

Somehow while updating NC the tmp folder was specified as mnt/usr/. Switched it back to mnt/user/ and everything is back being operational. 

It's a bit weird since I didn't change the path in the first place but here you go. Should you get the same issues check the tmp folder location in your docker config.

 

 

On 9/2/2021 at 1:21 AM, DezzyTee said:

@linuxserver.io

 

Hi guys,

I have Nextcloud up and running for well over a solid year but I just noticed that I can't login anymore.

 

When I try to login via the web UI it redirects me to the login page but changes the URL from

 

 

to

 

 

I have checked the logs. The php log just gave me the usual notices but the nginx error log threw me this:

 

 

I have no idea what to do with that information and any help would be appreciated. 

 

Little update:

I found the following in the logs:

 

Quote

Fatal Error Unable to create lock file: Bad file descriptor (9)

 

It also appears when I try to put Nextcloud into maintenance mode. 

I again ask for your help, @linuxserver.io and anyone else with knowledge. 

I'm really stuck for days now. Your help would be highly appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-09-06 021709.png

Edited by DezzyTee
posting fix
Link to comment
On 9/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, TRusselo said:

Unraid 6.9.2

 

following guide in POST 1 

create share, install mariadb, setup maria DB

 

Install nextcloud..... and ERROR...

upon opening nextcloud GUI for first time i get error
 

Composer autoloader not found, unable to continue. Check the folder "3rdparty". Running "git submodule update --init" will initialize the git submodule that handles the subfolder "3rdparty".

in the logs i find 

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
using keys found in /config/keys
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-install: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-install: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-memcache: executing...
cp: cannot create regular file '/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php': No such file or directory
[cont-init.d] 60-memcache: exited 1.
[cont-init.d] 70-aliases: executing...
[cont-init.d] 70-aliases: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: executing...
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-files: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

 

 

what did i do wrong....?

 

feels like a permission thing...  according to the instructions from SpaceinvaderOne's video, i've followed all the steps.
what did i do wrong?

I am getting this exact same error. 

 

Only thing that may be different with my configuration is I had it running at one point in the past then something strange happened and it was no longer accessible so removed the next cloud docker. Deleted everything associated with it and am trying to reset the whole thing up again. 

Link to comment
On 8/17/2021 at 4:20 PM, REllU said:

Downloading files larger than around 1gb always seem to fail from my NextCloud.

 

 

I'm using a Ubiquiti USG as my router, I have NextCloud 21.0.1 up and running on UnRaid 6.9.2. PHP Version is currently 7.4.15

Everything else (from what I can tell) is working just fine, and has been for months.

 

To me, this seems like some sort of a setting / limitation somewhere, since the download always seems to stop at that 1gb mark.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

 

This one slipped through the cracks, just bumping it up :)

 

EDIT: I think I found the solution, but unsure on how to apply it..

solution.PNG.6788fc6b3e2f4f86fd31e40c35054373.PNG

 

I'm using Nginx Proxy Manager on UnRaid, if that makes any difference.

 

The solution I was able to find from here:

https://autoize.com/nextcloud-performance-troubleshooting/

 

If someone could point me into the right direction, that'd be great! :)

Edited by REllU
Link to comment
18 hours ago, itskamel said:

not sure what version i was on but i did a update and now nothing will upload over local network. if i try to open the web ui page i get "Internal Server Error". anyone else?

Same. I followed the suggestions from the last few pages:

1) loading a different docker image, and reloading :latest

2) Deleting MariaDB log files

 

But my NC is still unable to start.

Link to comment
On 9/10/2021 at 4:10 AM, itskamel said:

not sure what version i was on but i did a update and now nothing will upload over local network. if i try to open the web ui page i get "Internal Server Error". anyone else?

in case someone comes here searching
nextcloud fails because of mariadb update, changing mariadb repository to linuxserver/mariadb:110.4.21mariabionic-ls31 fixes the issue

source:

 

Link to comment

(Old issue, before updating)

Spoiler

Upgraded my UnRaid hardware over the weekend, and noticed that now NextCloud is unable to access SMB shares.

Anyone have any ideas what's up with that?

 

The shares themselves seem to be fine, as I can access them through network.

 

I upgraded the motherboard, RAM, and CPU.

 

With SMB test- app, I'm getting the following errors:

Error.thumb.PNG.decc203151a6efb4c838c8196a0baa3c.PNG

 

I updated the docker image, but I haven't updated NextCloud itself in a while. The last update broke the SMB shares in such a way, that I had to download the previous version of NextCloud, and import the "icewind" from the older version to the new one, to get it to work again.

 

 

EDIT: (Internal server error, fixed in the next edit)

Spoiler

So, I figured I have not much to lose, and tried to update NextCloud, and I'm having the same issue as many others in here.

Internal Server Error.

 

I've tried to update MariaDB, and tried to delete the ib_logfile0, and tried to change the repository of MariaDB, but nothing seems to work there.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

 

EDIT2: (Fixing the internal server error, and back to square one)

Spoiler

Reading through the log-file, I noticed something familiar. The files_external was giving me issues again, so I tried to remove the app folder, and ta-dah! I was able to access my NextCloud yet again.

 

I then tried to do the same trick I did the last time around:

And.. I'm back to square one.

So, I can access the NextCloud, but NextCloud cannot access the SMB shares.

 

EDIT3:

NextCloud is amazing for what it's trying to achieve, when it works. But it has just given me way too many headaches, and it's pretty much overkill for what I want to do with it (accessing files through the internet) that I've now decided to move to "FileBrowser" docker instead. Setting that up took me 10 minutes without really knowing what to do, and it's been working nicely (knock on wood), and even issues that we previously had (not being able to download files over 1gb) are now gone.

 

Good luck all of you UnRaider's, who're battling with NextCloud!

Edited by REllU
Link to comment

Deleting the log files, changing the docker image, etc. in the above posts do not work for me. Would be really great if someone can help me out. I got the ".ocdata" error, but I am also just not able to access the webUI at all. I use NextCloud as a backup solution for my households phones, so it would be great to get this running again...

Link to comment
17 hours ago, shinfo44 said:

Deleting the log files, changing the docker image, etc. in the above posts do not work for me. Would be really great if someone can help me out. I got the ".ocdata" error, but I am also just not able to access the webUI at all. I use NextCloud as a backup solution for my households phones, so it would be great to get this running again...

 

I don't have the answer for your issue, but I'm using an app called "AutoSync" on our household phones. Cost's like 7eur to get the license to use it with an SMB share, and you can set it to sync automatically any folders you want when you're connected to a specific wifi. Has been working nicely for our needs atleast.

Edited by REllU
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 9/11/2021 at 1:15 PM, karabox said:

in case someone comes here searching
nextcloud fails because of mariadb update, changing mariadb repository to linuxserver/mariadb:110.4.21mariabionic-ls31 fixes the issue

source:

 

yessss   this works ,   have been having failed uploads from photos and finally looked into the problem ,,  Thanks to all .   

 

Link to comment
On 9/4/2021 at 6:14 PM, TRusselo said:

Unraid 6.9.2

 

following guide in POST 1 

create share, install mariadb, setup maria DB

 

Install nextcloud..... and ERROR...

upon opening nextcloud GUI for first time i get error
 

Composer autoloader not found, unable to continue. Check the folder "3rdparty". Running "git submodule update --init" will initialize the git submodule that handles the subfolder "3rdparty".

in the logs i find 

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
using keys found in /config/keys
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-install: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-install: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-memcache: executing...
cp: cannot create regular file '/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access '/config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php': No such file or directory
[cont-init.d] 60-memcache: exited 1.
[cont-init.d] 70-aliases: executing...
[cont-init.d] 70-aliases: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: executing...
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-files: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

 

 

what did i do wrong....?

 

feels like a permission thing...  according to the instructions from SpaceinvaderOne's video, i've followed all the steps.
what did i do wrong?

Hi, I see that you've been posting this for a month or so. I was just trying to install NextCloud and I got the same error. What I did to solve it was to remove the docker container and delete any configuration files that may remain on the appdata directory. Then install again the docker container and don't access the webUI for a couple minutes, then you should be good. I found in this guide that you have to give it a minute or so before accessing it. Hope it helps.

Edited by Valenciano
Link to comment

I have used NextCloud for some time now and UnRAID updates the docker regularly. But now I found out that my Nextcloud-version is 18.0.0, where NextCloud has moved up to 22.x. I thought updating the docker was enough to get newer NextCloud versions, but that doesn't seem to be the case. What do I have to do to move to NextCloud 22.x?

Edited by RJ59
Typos
Link to comment

I have previously set up both Nextcloud and Collabora on my personal Unraid server and it has been cranking along fine for quite some time. Recently my boss discovered Nextcloud and wanted it. We initially had it running on a Synology but between the limited resources on the Syno and some behind the scenes networking stuff, we made the move to Unraid.

 

I was able to successfully move the database and all of the data over to our Unraid server and get it back up and running. Since I had not set Collabora up on the Synology, we were running without it on Unraid. I installed the Collabora docker, followed all of the same steps that I used on my personal server and I have been having all kinds of difficulty with it.

 

When I try to enter the collabora address into the settings for Collabora Online in Nextcloud, it tells me that it could not establish a connection to the server. Looking at the nextcloud.log file, I found an error referring to the SSL certificate saying that it is a self signed certificate. Seeing as how I have both Nextcloud and Collabora sitting behind SWAG, this error doesn't make much sense to me, but I admit to not being an expert on this.

 

I can access the Collabora admin page, and it does show that it is a secure connection verfied by LetsEncrypt.

Link to comment

Trying to update to 21.0.4 from 21.0.3.  It wont let me past the create backup step.  Go back and hit the retry update button but keeps timing out.  Can I do this from the console?  Or is there a way to get it to go?

 

This is the error I get

 

Create backup

Parsing response failed.
Show detailed response

<html> <head><title>504 Gateway Time-out</title></head> <body> <center><h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx/1.20.1</center> </body> </html>

Edited by Gragorg
Link to comment
On 9/15/2021 at 4:26 PM, REllU said:

 

I don't have the answer for your issue, but I'm using an app called "AutoSync" on our household phones. Cost's like 7eur to get the license to use it with an SMB share, and you can set it to sync automatically any folders you want when you're connected to a specific wifi. Has been working nicely for our needs atleast.

Thanks for the tip about AutoSync! I've been looking for this kind of app for a while! 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi You All!!

 

Need some guidance here because I am stumped!! I am trying to do just a basic local network install nothing fancy like reverse proxy. I followed SpacedInvaders tutorial and I am super confused have tried everything and I just can not get it to work.

 

In NextCloud it says

Quote

Collabora Online server is reachable.

With a green icon.

 

But when I try to open or create a document it times out and says

Quote

Failed to load Collabora Online - please try again later✖

 

I am pretty sure the problem is in the docker setup of the domain pic below:

colabora.thumb.jpg.41629cbb13126f73e76c1f91f02e2c74.jpg

 

This is internal and I did change the user and pass to show here before anybody says something lol

 

Now my nextcloud install is at

Quote

https://192.168.39.159

 

I asume the way I have it is wrong so what do I put in Container Variable: domain

 

thanks any help is as always really really appreciated.

 

Vic

Edited by NeoSys
Link to comment
On 9/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, RJ59 said:

I have used NextCloud for some time now and UnRAID updates the docker regularly. But now I found out that my Nextcloud-version is 18.0.0, where NextCloud has moved up to 22.x. I thought updating the docker was enough to get newer NextCloud versions, but that doesn't seem to be the case. What do I have to do to move to NextCloud 22.x?

Is there no one that can help me with this? I feel really stupid on this.

When Nextcloud would have been installed in a server or VM, I would have updated it, but that seems useless using a docker, because with the next update my updated version would have been lost. I do get updates in UnRaid, but why don't I get a newer version then 18.0.0 in the docker?

Link to comment
Is there no one that can help me with this? I feel really stupid on this.
When Nextcloud would have been installed in a server or VM, I would have updated it, but that seems useless using a docker, because with the next update my updated version would have been lost. I do get updates in UnRaid, but why don't I get a newer version then 18.0.0 in the docker?
Update instructions is on the 1st post of this thread.
And no, updating docker, won't overwrite your updated nextcloud.

Nextcloud's server runtime files are stored in the appdata folder

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.