[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 10/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, niwmik said:

I used the following tag to get it back up and running until a more permanent solution comes up

linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5

Thanks! Everything back up again :)

Just out of interest... where can you find all available versions/tags? How'd you know to add 24.0.5 specifically for a still working PHP version?

• Upvote 1
On 10/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, niwmik said:

I used the following tag to get it back up and running until a more permanent solution comes up

linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5

Does not work for me. After using it, it wants to update via HTTP and get that message:

Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.

Nextcloud version: 22.1.0
Operating system and version: Linux 5.10.28
Operating System: DOCKER
Webserver: Nginx
PHP version 8.0.18

linuxserver/nextcloud

Mariadb version

version 10.6.6

linuxserver/mariadb

The issue you are facing:
Cannot update NC

attempted documentation steps without success

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y):

Steps to replicate it: N/A

NC LOG

occ upgrade

Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade

Setting log level to debug

Updating database schema

Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app core

Update failed Maintenance mode is kept active Resetting log level #
occ upgrade

-vv Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade

2022-10-28T10:01:47+00:00 Setting log level to debug 2022-10-28T10:01:47+00:00 Repair step: Repair MySQL collation

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Repair info: All tables already have the correct collation -> nothing to do

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud

2022-10-28T10:01:48+00:00 Updating database schema

2022-10-28T10:01:49+00:00 Exception: Database error when running migration latest for app core

2022-10-28T10:01:49+00:00 Update failed 2022-10-28T10:01:49+00:00 Maintenance mode is kept active

2022-10-28T10:01:49+00:00 Resetting log level #

mariadb log

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [ERROR] InnoDB: Operating system error number 17 in a file operation.

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [ERROR] InnoDB: Error number 17 means 'File exists'

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [Note] InnoDB: Some operating system error numbers are described at https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/operating-system-error-codes/

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [Note] InnoDB: The file './nextcloud/oc_ratelimit_entries.ibd' already exists though the corresponding table did not exist in the InnoDB data dictionary. You can resolve the problem by removing the file.

2022-10-28 6:01:49 1303 [ERROR] InnoDB: Cannot create file './nextcloud/oc_ratelimit_entries.ibd'

Been fighting this concern for days and it sounds like something to do with mariadb

I have also been attempting to mysqldump the nextclound.sql db without success to import back into a different docker and get off mariadb completely

When i dump the nextcloud database I face the following concern

MySQLdump: got error :1049 :unknown database

Anyone else run into this concern ... Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Edited by bombz

does anyone get this message, when they try to access nexcloud ?

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

this is what i see in container logs

using keys found in /config/keys
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139 

**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
/config/nginx/nginx.conf

i noticed this on the latest update

Edited by Danuel
3 hours ago, Danuel said:

does anyone get this message, when they try to access nexcloud ?

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

this is what i see in container logs

using keys found in /config/keys
[custom-init] No custom files found, skipping...
[ls.io-init] done.
Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2006] MySQL server has gone away in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:139 

**** The following active confs have different version dates than the samples that are shipped. ****
**** This may be due to user customization or an update to the samples. ****
**** You should compare the following files to the samples in the same folder and update them. ****
**** Use the link at the top of the file to view the changelog. ****
/config/nginx/nginx.conf

i noticed this on the latest update

which NC repository are you using there are a few
nextcloud:latest = official 

modified NC
linuxserver/nextcloud
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest
lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud

I have received this in the past yes, which generally related to my mariadb docker not being started
The concern then goes away then after.
I am not sure if this is related to your concern or your NC is having concerns accessing your db?

I am attempting a new NC docker now as this repository doesn't pull the NC updates with the docker pull, and requires the end user to use the updater within NC to update NC.
This has caused some concerns with mariadb so going to attempt to flip to the official NC docker with unraid to see if I can make it work correctly, that when you pull an update via docker, it updates NC as a whole

Edited by bombz
8 minutes ago, bombz said:

which NC repository are you using there are a few
nextcloud:latest = official 

modified NC
linuxserver/nextcloud
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest
lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud

I have received this in the past yes, which generally related to my mariadb docker not being started
The concern then goes away then after.
I am not sure if this is related to your concern or your NC is having concerns accessing your db?

I am attempting a new NC docker now as this repository doesn't pull the NC updates with the docker pull, and requires the end user to use the updater within NC to update NC.
This has caused some concerns with mariadb so going to attempt to flip to the official NC docker with unraid to see if I can make it work correctly, that when you pull an update via docker, it updates NC as a whole

from what i see i think is related to mariadb, i noticed that i cant access database now, i get this error 

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local server through socket '/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)

and yes i do use linuxserver/nextcloud

i did try to downgrade both mariadb and nexclod and have same problems

Edited by Danuel

some update,

somehow i manage to make it work again. (i stopped nexcloud container)

i have changed database to MariaDB-Official then i have created a database and user for nexcloud,   i had a backup of nextcloud database, i used HeidiSQL to import the db into MariaDB-Official, after i managed to add the db file into HeidiSQL i executed the sql (there is a button with execute SQl) after a while did show in the new database and nextcloud start to work again

5 hours ago, Danuel said:

some update,

somehow i manage to make it work again. (i stopped nexcloud container)

i have changed database to MariaDB-Official then i have created a database and user for nexcloud,   i had a backup of nextcloud database, i used HeidiSQL to import the db into MariaDB-Official, after i managed to add the db file into HeidiSQL i executed the sql (there is a button with execute SQl) after a while did show in the new database and nextcloud start to work again

Hello, 

Glad you got it working.
Currently I cannot update linuxserver/nextcloud to the latest version due to limitations of mariadb, nor can I export the NC db to another SLQ docker. Been a challenge to say the least.

6 hours ago, bombz said:

Hello, 

Glad you got it working.
Currently I cannot update linuxserver/nextcloud to the latest version due to limitations of mariadb, nor can I export the NC db to another SLQ docker. Been a challenge to say the least.

what kind of limitation ? i am currently linuxserver/nextcloud latest and MariaDB-Official latest

• Like 1

When loading the nextcloud webui I keep getting this message - i've tried to downgrade the installation of nextcloud to a lesser version, but nothing works. 

image.png.c7ecdd4158ca80f4c4ff64414d5baab9.png

I know the version installed is 25.0.18, shown below - so no idea why it's trying to downgrade to 25.0.0?

image.thumb.png.7229d199524907040a7a9a0369cebb5b.png

When clicking the download button at the bottom of page - or using occ upgrade - same error, which is: 

image.png.95a6cc2dfbb7021cde483a7bee09e333.png

Can't get this to go away. 

Any help?

Hi everyone. Any update on a fix for the PHP version mismatch error. The trick to use the "linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5" version tag worked for me. It got me up and running but the version it installs is very out of date. Given my usage scenario (just local backup) it's not a big deal but some people out there may need the latest version. 

For the DB server I'm using the MariaDB container from Linuxserver. 

Hi there,

with the beginning of today I can't reach my Nextcloud anymore. It seems a few people here have issues, but I know to little about all of this to know if it's the same as mine?

I run Linuxserver Nextcloud with a MariaDB and nginx forwarding. Not sure when it stopped working, but around 9am I noticed. I restarted all Dockers, I updated all Dockers, but still no avail.

I always get a connection timeout, when I try to access Nextcloud through unRAID (IP+Port), it will still use the domain-forwarding I use to reach the Nextcloud from outside.

I have no idea how to debug this, because I can't access it at all (neither through webinterface, nor desktop/mobile apps).

Is there some kinda known issues right now, or how could I potentially find out what's wrong? Could be only the nginx forwarding for all I know.

I didn't install any updates since it stopped working this morning, I only updated the Dockers to see if that helped in any way.

Best Regards

1 hour ago, CameraRick said:

Hi there,

with the beginning of today I can't reach my Nextcloud anymore. It seems a few people here have issues, but I know to little about all of this to know if it's the same as mine?

I run Linuxserver Nextcloud with a MariaDB and nginx forwarding. Not sure when it stopped working, but around 9am I noticed. I restarted all Dockers, I updated all Dockers, but still no avail.

I always get a connection timeout, when I try to access Nextcloud through unRAID (IP+Port), it will still use the domain-forwarding I use to reach the Nextcloud from outside.

I have no idea how to debug this, because I can't access it at all (neither through webinterface, nor desktop/mobile apps).

Is there some kinda known issues right now, or how could I potentially find out what's wrong? Could be only the nginx forwarding for all I know.

I didn't install any updates since it stopped working this morning, I only updated the Dockers to see if that helped in any way.

Best Regards

Hi Rick. 

I bet you anything you started having this issue after updating the docker container. This is  precisely how it happened with me. I suggest rolling back the nextcloud docker version with the versioning tag trick someone outlined in an earlier post.

Basically just edit the container and in the repository field change it to "linuxserver/nextcloud:24.0.5"

Then hit install and it will roll back to that older repo. 

It seems to work for quite a few people. 

1 hour ago, allinvain said:

Hi Rick. 

I bet you anything you started having this issue after updating the docker container.

Hi there allinvain,

I can guarantee you that I didn't update the Docker earlier before it stopped working, I noticed this morning only because the auto-upload from my phone camera didn't work, haha :) I don't update that regularly and didn't do anything over the weekend (but used the cloud a lot), but what gives, but I guess it doesn't matter all too much :)

I tried your fix, however it didn't work unfortunately :( I still get the timeout.

Is there anyway I can check what actually doesn't work? Or should I installt the official Nextcloud Docker and somehow migrate all data and setup there?

Best,

Rick

4 hours ago, CameraRick said:

Hi there allinvain,

I can guarantee you that I didn't update the Docker earlier before it stopped working, I noticed this morning only because the auto-upload from my phone camera didn't work, haha :) I don't update that regularly and didn't do anything over the weekend (but used the cloud a lot), but what gives, but I guess it doesn't matter all too much :)

I tried your fix, however it didn't work unfortunately :( I still get the timeout.

Is there anyway I can check what actually doesn't work? Or should I installt the official Nextcloud Docker and somehow migrate all data and setup there?

Best,

Rick

So if you go to the docker section of the Unraid admin panel and click on the nextcloud container icon and then click on WebUI the nextcloud login page times out, correct?

You can try and install the official nextcloud docker, but migrating data is not going to be fun. If you want to have an idea of the work involved, check this out:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/backup.html

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/restore.html

For me the nexcloud docker failed around the time I did an update (I have a habit of religiously updating my containers) so I assumed the two events are correlated in some fashion but it's possible it just broke on it's own. What triggered it I have no clue. I didn't have a lot of time to dig through the logs as I needed it working fast.

I'm surprised that there is no "official" response yet from linuxserver crew. 

Yes, excatly like that.

When I hit WebUI, a new window appears, first through the IP:Port, then switching to my custom URL, ultimately timing out.

Hm, it looks like moving the Nextcloud is indeed a big pain. I'm not completely IT-illeterate but I'm not good with this sorta stuff. Also, how to put something in maintenance mode that won't open?

Maybe I wait for a day or two and then see further. It's already a pain, I use it a lot to sync files from machines, my phone and so on, haha :)

8 minutes ago, CameraRick said:

Yes, excatly like that.

When I hit WebUI, a new window appears, first through the IP:Port, then switching to my custom URL, ultimately timing out.

Hm, it looks like moving the Nextcloud is indeed a big pain. I'm not completely IT-illeterate but I'm not good with this sorta stuff. Also, how to put something in maintenance mode that won't open?

Maybe I wait for a day or two and then see further. It's already a pain, I use it a lot to sync files from machines, my phone and so on, haha :)

Yeah sounds like for sure the nextcloud container is busted. I'm guessing that even if you were to manually punch in the IP and port of your docker container (you can see the port mappings in the docker Unraid panel) it still fails.

Well to put the docker in maintenance mode you'd have to use the command line - ie console. To pull up the console of a container you just click on the container's icon and click on Console which is right below WebUI. Putting it in maintenance mode is the easy part. The tricky part is backing up the database. If you forgot to note down your mariadb admin username and password and nextcloud database username and password then it will be a disaster. 

Backing up the nextcloud installation folder is a bit easier because you likely have a unraid file share that the nextcloud container already has a mapping to. You just copy the entire nextcloud directory and then move/copy the backup to the mounted nextcloud data directory share - it will be something like /mnt/user/Nextcloud

To backup the database as per the instruction in the nextcloud manual it's the same scenario where you pull up a console prompt for the MariaDB container and copy/paste the command altering only the pertinent variable (ie database username/password etc).

If you don't want to bother with all that you could always just recreate your entire nextcloud environment with a different container and manually copy the data files for each user you have. That data is not lost it's just sitting unaccessible via the nextcloud backup clients. Like I said your data should be in the unraid mounted nextcloud file share /mnt/user/Nextcloud (if you used the same scheme I used for example - you could've called the directory something else when you setup the container for the first time).

Hope this helps a bit!

Phew, now that you say it I'm not sure if I marked down all passwords... there's a chance I saved them in a browser or something, but the database username... huh. Passwords can be guessed, usernames is harder.

I will wait a bit to see how it turns out. The data is least concern, I mean in the end I could reach it in any moment by adjusting the folder rights. The bigger issue is to setup the working condition (with logins for all users etc) again. I hope it gets resolved soon :(

Same problem here, since updating Docker container and upgrading Nextcloud to 25.0.0, getting 504 error whenever I want to access a file...

Tried to rolled back to the older repo version but that doesn't work.

What would be the best thing to do? Migrate both mariadb and Nextcloud to the official Docker repos instead of Linuxserver? Is there an easy way to do this?

1 hour ago, blaine07 said:

Are all of you with issues on/trying to upgrade to 25?

Hi there blaine,

when my Docker stopped working I didn't upgrade anything, neither Nextcloud the Docker nor through Nextcloud the Webinterface. I only updated the Docker later to fix this (didn't work), changed from latest to 24.0.5 (didn't work) and now I just look forward to a solution :(

Hi, 

My issues were resolved by updating all of the conf file in my swag nginx folder. Some were really old (2020) and I think updating to Nextcloud 25 might have cause incompatibilities. 

Now Nextcloud is working fine using the latest Linuxserver docker image.

New problem: I can't access Onlyoffice in Nextcloud. When I open a docx file I get a blank error screen saying "documentserver.myserver" doesn't allow connection. I didn't change anything in the Onlyoffice settings panel and I can access the welcome page. I think something is messed up in my swag config files but can't figure it out.