[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

1 hour ago, davidk845 said:

Is there away to allow nextcloud to access the entire server so that any file on the server can be accessed through nextcloud?

with entire content you mean all unRAID shares? if Yes, then use External Storage on Nextcloud with storage type Local. and map according folder to Docker in Docker params prior to do that.

After setting up the Unraid box above with Letsencrypt, Nextcloud, Collabora (not properly working), I moved the box to another location which has Cisco RV130 router.  All of a sudden, the Nextcloud is no longer accessible, both inside the network, nor from outside the network.  This box with the apps above were perfectly working from my location.  Furthermore, when I click on webui of Nextcloud from the docker app, inside the network, it's also not accessible.  On the status of browser, it says 'Establishing secure connection,' then nothing happens.  I cannot see any other reason for it failing apart from the router.  Can anyone share thoughts on how to isolate this?

4 hours ago, kaine1688 said:

Hi, I get the following message when I try to log into my nextcloud through a browser only

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.2.8.

How would one go about fixing this on unraid?

You have to update nextcloud as you are on version 12. something. Instructions in the first post. 

The NextCloud is not a part of the container, so not updated on a image refresh. Just the os and dependencies. 

Sometime in the last day or two, my NextCloud instance has stopped working.  Desktop clients can't connect and the web UI comes up with a blank page.  The only feedback I am seeing is "500 Internal Server Error" through the desktop clients or when manually mounting the share via DAVFS to a linux box (even with verbose turned on).  Nothing shows up in the main docker container log, and when I shell into the container I am finding nothing in the nginx error log and nothing in the php logs.

I use NextCloud a lot and this is quite troublesome.  I appreciate any help or any suggestion on where to look for additional error information.  Thanks!

On 9/7/2018 at 4:57 AM, dnkta said:

Hi,

After the last update i get HTTP ERROR 500

And the following in nginx log:

[error] 306#306: *70 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of OC\Files\Storage\Local::copyFromStorage(OCP\Files\Storage $sourceStorage, $sourceInternalPath, $targetInternalPath) must be compatible with OC\Files\Storage\Common::copyFromStorage(OCP\Files\Storage $sourceStorage, $sourceInternalPath, $targetInternalPath, $preserveMtime = false) in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Files/Storage/Local.php on line 43" while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _,request: "PROPFIND /remote.php/webdav/ HTTP/1.0", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: 

Does somebody have the same problem?

What version of NextCloud are you running? I was getting this error and realized I was still running an 11.x release.

To fix this I rolled back my docker to tag 142 so I could get to the web GUI. Once I had a functioning web GUI I updated to 12.x and then to 13.x. Once that was done I pointed the container back to the latest version and my issue was resolved.

20 hours ago, kaine1688 said:

Hi, I get the following message when I try to log into my nextcloud through a browser only

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP 7.2.
You are currently running 7.2.8.

How would one go about fixing this on unraid?

you need to downgrade your install

change the respository yo "linuxserver/nextcloud:140" and it will downgrade it.

then you will need to manually upgrade next cloud to v13 and then remove the ":140" part and upgrade and you will be fine.

13 hours ago, Tomoth said:

What version of NextCloud are you running? I was getting this error and realized I was still running an 11.x release.

To fix this I rolled back my docker to tag 142 so I could get to the web GUI. Once I had a functioning web GUI I updated to 12.x and then to 13.x. Once that was done I pointed the container back to the latest version and my issue was resolved.

Thank you!!! That solved it!

42 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

See the first post.

Yes I was aware of the first post and the link to your guide.

The issue was NC was throwing an error that it is major upgrade and it kept failing and staying in maintenance mode. I disable maintenance mode, updated from 13.0.0 to 13.0.6 (using gui update) and then followed your steps. It worked flawlessly. Thank you.

10 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Scroll up three or four posts and do that.

Guess you ment this:

you need to downgrade your install

change the respository yo "linuxserver/nextcloud:140" and it will downgrade it.

then you will need to manually upgrade next cloud to v13 and then remove the ":140" part and upgrade and you will be fine.

Okay. I have done everything. I was first a bit unsure what was meant by changing the respository and how to get the 13 version in there. Could it be as easy as just to change 12 to 13, and it was;)

So now I have also updated it to 13.0.6 through the web and it went like a charm.

Sometimes things are as easy as it seems. Just was a bit afraid of ruining my whole setup.

As long as the container is stopped when you do so.  Although I'm not sure whether you're referring to the nextcloud-backup folder that's made during an upgrade or the backup nextcloud folder that's made by Squid's plugin.  There really is no excuse for not backing up appdata now with this plugin.  It's the appdata that is the essence of safety in docker.  The image/container can be removed and reinstalled without any effect.

1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

As long as the container is stopped when you do so.  Although I'm not sure whether you're referring to the nextcloud-backup folder that's made during an upgrade or the backup nextcloud folder that's made by Squid's plugin.  There really is no excuse for not backing up appdata now with this plugin.  It's the appdata that is the essence of safety in docker.  The image/container can be removed and reinstalled without any effect.

I was actually referring to the nextcloud-backup folder I create during the upgrade. I was not aware of the plugin that you have mentioned but will install it and see if I can figure it out.