Public shares prompting for authentication

Out of no where this issue just started.

\\tower prompts for username and password.

Only one user (root) on the system, and all shares are public. Did run Tools\new permissions, but no luck.

I created a brand new share to test and same story. Anything changed would be, AFP is enabled - I disabled AFP share and still no luck. Restarting tower didn't help either.

help please.

What kind of system are you trying to access the shares from? I would assume Apple since you mention AFP. If you are trying to use Windows you need SMB instead of AFP.

I'm trying to access from Windows, but both AFP and SMB are enabled. Disabling AFP and just leaving SMB did not help either.

What kind of system are you trying to access the shares from? I would assume Apple since you mention AFP. If you are trying to use Windows you need SMB instead of AFP.

I'm trying to access from Windows, but both AFP and SMB are enabled. Disabling AFP and just leaving SMB did not help either.

i would expect this to be an issue at the client end, not the unRAID end!  Have you tried using Windows Credentials Manager to remove any cached credentials for the unRAID server?

i would expect this to be an issue at the client end, not the unRAID end!  Have you tried using Windows Credentials Manager to remove any cached credentials for the unRAID server?

It is definitely the client end. Did you change any options on your Windows machine? I have had a Win update suddenly messes up my credentials.

Sweet.... that was it. I removed the cached credentials and all is good now.

Thanks for the help.