Lost disk assignments after power failure

I have been UPS-less for a while, unfortunately, and a power drop out today created a problem.

On power up, I simply have a big list of unassigned disks and unraid not running.

I am afraid I rebooted before grabbing a syslog.

But where is the disk assignment info recorded? I for some reason thought it was in disk.cfg but it doesn't seem to be. What could have caused unraid to lose this info? I can't see any signs of corruption on the memstick.

Jason

There may be a current bug, that in certain circumstances (like after a power outage!), may result in a zero byte super.dat, the file that actually contains all array drive assignments.  It's located on the boot drive in the config folder, where you found disk.cfg.  Search for recent posts on "super.dat zero byte".

What version are you running?

There may be a current bug, that in certain circumstances (like after a power outage!), may result in a zero byte super.dat, the file that actually contains all array drive assignments.  It's located on the boot drive in the config folder, where you found disk.cfg.  Search for recent posts on "super.dat zero byte".

I am running 6.1.9.

It seems there's no harm done. Most of my array is 2TB WD drives, but parity, cache, and non-array drive all happen to be distinctive so it was easy to reassign drives and get going. The array drives other than parity are presumably not in the same order as before, because I couldn't find my printout of the assignments (I usually do keep one).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip on the super.dat.

Not having much luck at the moment with my unRaid server! Running 6.1.6.

First disk14 became error disabled during a parity sync because of a temporary problem with my 8x SATA PCI-e card. Not sure why just 1 disk had the issue though since 7 are on there and were all stated as 'missing'. The card seemed fine after a reboot so started rebuilding the disabled disk from parity but during this another disk6 not on the SATA card became error disabled due to over 728,397,352 errors so this may have caused issues during the rebuild.

Next time I went to shut down the server to replace the SATA cable to disk6 with all the errors the server hung at the unmounting shares screen for several hours. Had to hold the power button to manually shut it down. When powered back up I was greeted with the blank disk assignment page as described by anthropoidape.

After replacing the 0k super.dat from a flash backup it now boots up and at first stated no disks are error disabled anymore. Everything seemed ok but I'll not know until I stumble across a file that gives me an error or a video that won't play etc sometime down the line.

Bit worried it hasn't asked me to rebuild the error disabled disk6 though. Is this due to using a previous backup of the super.dat?

For some reason now disk3 is disabled/emulated after replacing the super.dat. After a reboot it was green again but after a 15 minutes it became disabled again stating 47,748,541,601,536 writes and 2 errors.

Not sure why I am having so many issues with different disks.

Please could someone check the attached syslog and offer any advice?

syslog-2016-07-14_after_replacing_super.dat_disk3_disabled.txt