Disk unmountable after new config

Hi all,

After i removed a disk from the array and created a new config (whiles following the steps provided by unraid) I saw that one of my drives had the status "Unmountable". After a bit of googling I ran into a post (here on the unraid forum) suggesting to run xfs_repair -v. Xfs_repair didnt work sadly enough and now i dont really know the best way to resolve this issue.

The disk that is currently having issues is disk 6.

XFS_repair output:

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
bad primary superblock - bad magic number !!!

attempting to find secondary superblock...
...Sorry, could not find valid secondary superblock
Exiting now.

Hopefully somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Rexl

ark-diagnostics-20160705-1813.zip

ark-smart-20160705-1816-disk6.zip

unraid-dashboard.PNG.7977e7fd5bd8a7c425627e95072825dd.PNG

unraid-main.PNG.e8c957e4e486139afdef79c22c650338.PNG

I didn't look at the diagnostics yet, but if you just did a new config how come disk6 is disable? And are you sure disk6 is not your previous parity?

Yes i am sure, i took a screenshot of the disk layout before creating the new config.

Capture.PNG.58a652bd3b73a9d23601b748b621b20c.PNG

That procedure does not include removing a disk, if you did that your parity is invalid, also you still didn't say when did disk6 become disable.

Assuming you removed one disk and did the new config while trusting parity, and also assuming disk6 is ok, this is what you have to do:

-Tools > New config

-Re-assign all disks except parity and the one you want removed

-Start array and check if all disks mount

-If all disks mount, stop array, reassign parity, start array to begin a parity sync

That procedure does not include removing a disk, if you did that your parity is invalid, also you still didn't say when did disk6 become disable.

Assuming you removed one disk and did the new config while trusting parity, and also assuming disk6 is ok, this is what you have to do:

-Tools > New config

-If all disks mount, stop array, reassign parity, start array to begin a parity sync

Disk 6 became disabled after setting up the new config. I could assign all the disk with no problem and it was still up then but after setting the new config up the disk became disabled. I will try the steps you provided and report back once it is done.

-Tools > New config

Thank you so much! the steps worked wonderful and it is now sync parity. All the disks came back online :D

Thanks for the quick replies aswell!

Rexl