Status of SMB v3.x support?

Has anyone heard anything new about Samba/unRaid's support for SMB v3?  My backup software (www.goodsync.com) is having intermittent problems accessing the SMB shares.  I've run the registry patch which helped until recently when I'm getting errors stating the "server can't execute the command" errors (indicative of SMB communication failures).

I'm still able to access the shares from Windows 10 without any issues.  But applications (like GoodSync) appear to have intermittent problems.

Any wisdom Sages?

Both 6.1.9 and 6.2 beta supports SMB3 as far as I know, but it might be that you have to enable SMB3 support. I seem to recall that there were a post about how to do it, but don't remember where. I'll try to see if I can find it.

Edit:

Found some info in the 6.2 beta announcement here

Search for smb3 and you will find the info on how it should auto-negotiate smb version.

• 5 years later...

About GoodSync:

In my case, I was getting intermittent errors too.

I found the reason. GoodSync implements SMB2 and QNAP works with SMB3. 

I only needed SMB to work with GoodSync, so I decided to enter in QNAP Control Panel, Network Settings, Win/Mac/NFS, Windows Advanced Options, SMB Max Version and change it to 2.0.

Now, GoodSync and QNAP uses SMB2 and the problem disappered.