unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-rc2 Available

Hi,

just checking to see if the recent betas and RC versions have 'fixed' the issue where unraid does not appear in windows 10 network?

I hoped it would, with various samba updates, but on RC2 now and still no luck.

Yes I can browse by pasting in IP address directly, have checked to make sure unraid the local master etc.

will be interested to hear if anyone else still has this issue

thanks,

I never encountered this issue and I am using RC2 with the latest Windows 10 Insider.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

just checking to see if the recent betas and RC versions have 'fixed' the issue where unraid does not appear in windows 10 network?

I hoped it would, with various samba updates, but on RC2 now and still no luck.

Yes I can browse by pasting in IP address directly, have checked to make sure unraid the local master etc.

will be interested to hear if anyone else still has this issue

thanks,

You could fix it by turning off SMB3 features either on unRAID or on your Win 10 box.

Hi,

First, what version of Windows 10 are you using? 

Second thing you can try is to put the attached file into the  config  folder on your flash drive.  You will have to stop-and-start the array to actually load it into the SMB configuration.  (Brief note of explanation:  MS has raised the default of the os level variable with each version of Windows to help assure that the current version of Windows will 'win' the election of the local master.  By setting it to 255, we can assure that no version of Windows will ever stand a chance of winning on that basis.)

One more thing to check is that you have consistently formatted the workgroup name on all of your computers.  (Windows doesn't care about capitalization but Linux does!  For example, 'Group' and 'group' are not the same workgroup to Linux! )

EDIT:  One other point, it can take up to a half hour to get all of the computers on an SMB network synchronized.  Having your unRAID server as the Local Master works best when it on 24-7.

smb-extra.conf

... You could fix it by turning off SMB3 features either on unRAID or on your Win 10 box.

How do you do this?    I've had the same issue since installing v6.2 => works perfectly, but doesn't show up on my network scan, so I have to type the address in Explorer.

... You could fix it by turning off SMB3 features either on unRAID or on your Win 10 box.

How do you do this?    I've had the same issue since installing v6.2 => works perfectly, but doesn't show up on my network scan, so I have to type the address in Explorer.

Wow Gary.... I thought you knew everything.... Can't recall you needing to ask a question before...  ;)

Wow Gary.... I thought you knew everything.... Can't recall you needing to ask a question before...  ;)

:) :)

So what's the answer ??

I don't see any setting to change the SMB version in UnRAID.

So what's the answer ??

No idea how to do that in unRAID :P But in powershell, type this:

Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB2Protocol $false

edit: this thread's worth a look

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37835.0

So what's the answer ??

I'm shocked  :P

If I remember correctly you can add the below line in /boot/config/smb-extra.conf.

max protocol = SMB2_02

So what's the answer ??

I'm shocked  :P

If I remember correctly you can add the below line in /boot/config/smb-extra.conf.

max protocol = SMB2_02

Can that line simply be added on the Settings page - SMB - "SMB Extra Configuration" section ?

Knew somebody would have the info readily available didn't have time myself to search for it - sorry.

I'm just glad you mentioned it ... not sure I'd have thought about dropping down a level in SMB.  I easily found the registry mod to do it in Windows, but definitely preferred to make the change on the UnRAID box, since it's the only one that has that issue.

However ... the only really compelling feature over the final 6.1 release is dual parity => if you're not planning to add a 2nd parity disk, you may indeed want to wait for the final release.

And NVMe cache support. :)

Is NVME cache support coming for final?

I can hardly wait to switch for the turbo write support, I transfer files from my win10 workstation to Unraid 6.1.9 from my connectx2 cards through my 10gb switch and still drop from 320mb/s to about 50mb/s half way through the transfer on platter drives in the array, Now from SSD on workstation (win10) to SSD cache the transfer is pretty steady at 300+.

However ... the only really compelling feature over the final 6.1 release is dual parity => if you're not planning to add a 2nd parity disk, you may indeed want to wait for the final release.

And NVMe cache support. :)

Is NVME cache support coming for final?

I can hardly wait to switch for the turbo write support, I transfer files from my win10 workstation to Unraid 6.1.9 from my connectx2 cards through my 10gb switch and still drop from 320mb/s to about 50mb/s half way through the transfer on platter drives in the array, Now from SSD on workstation (win10) to SSD cache the transfer is pretty steady at 300+.

It's been in 6.2 since beta18 iirc! :)

Hello guys

Has 9p sharing been removed? Nevermind - the update just corrupted my vm xml - Removed the definition and recreated it with the template.

Another thing is that stopped working after update from 6.1.9 - 6.2-rc2 is where you can keep docker.img

I use ZFS and keep my docker.img at /SSD/Docker/docker.img but that gives me this error:

Unraid root: no image mounted at /var/lib/docker

I moved the folder to /mnt/Docker/docker.img and that works so I guess there is somewhere a hardcoded refrence that docker.img should be within /mnt/*

Please fix this for the final release :)

You can use turbo write on V6.1, it can be enabled on the console.

Hi There,

Seems that I have a problem I'm trying to add a new disk to the array with no luck @ all.

I'm stuck @ "Start will bring the array on-line and start Clearing new data disk(s)."

I click start and nothing happens.

I have tried to format the disk using mkfs.xfs /dev/sdX but still no luck the array will not start with the new drive.

Any idea ?

I'm on RC2.

Kind Regards

Dawid

Hi There,

Seems that I have a problem I'm trying to add a new disk to the array with no luck @ all.

I'm stuck @ "Start will bring the array on-line and start Clearing new data disk(s)."

I have tried to format the disk using mkfs.xfs /dev/sdX but still no luck the array will not start with the new drive.

Any idea ?

I'm on RC2.

Kind Regards

Dawid

It's a bug. Should be fixed in the next release apparently.

Hi There,

Any idea ?

I'm on RC2.

Kind Regards

Dawid

HOW TO REPORT A BUG

Think you've found a bug or other defect?  Ask yourself these questions before posting about it here:

[*]Have I successfully tested this bug with all my plugins disabled (booting into safe mode)?

[*]Can I recreate the bug consistently and have I documented the steps to do so?

[*]Have I downloaded my diagnostics from the unRAID webGui after the bug occurred, but before I rebooted the system?

Hi There,

Any idea ?

I'm on RC2.

Kind Regards

Dawid

I have the exact same problem.

After 6 disks, i cannot add other disk.

Hi There,

Any idea ?

I'm on RC2.

Kind Regards

Dawid

HOW TO REPORT A BUG

Think you've found a bug or other defect?  Ask yourself these questions before posting about it here:

[*]Have I successfully tested this bug with all my plugins disabled (booting into safe mode)?

[*]Can I recreate the bug consistently and have I documented the steps to do so?

[*]Have I downloaded my diagnostics from the unRAID webGui after the bug occurred, but before I rebooted the system?

Is there any point in reporting it when it's already been acknowledged by limetech?

Hey,

Nice work! I was absolutly enthusiastic to install the new release. But than I came into trouble and I cant find why. So this will not be a bug but a problem I´ve got and it is not mentioned here.

Jul 21 22:27:47 Tower emhttp: shcmd (233): /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start |& logger
Jul 21 22:27:48 Tower root: starting docker ...
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower emhttp: shcmd (246): set -o pipefail ; /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/cache/docker.img' /var/lib/docker 10 |& logger
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower root: /mnt/cache/docker.img is in-use, cannot mount
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower emhttp: shcmd: shcmd (246): exit status: 1

any idea how to solf this. would be very bad to load all docker containers because I did some changes in some.

Thank you!!

Hey,

Nice work! I was absolutly enthusiastic to install the new release. But than I came into trouble and I cant find why. So this will not be a bug but a problem I´ve got and it is not mentioned here.

Jul 21 22:27:47 Tower emhttp: shcmd (233): /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start |& logger
Jul 21 22:27:48 Tower root: starting docker ...
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower emhttp: shcmd (246): set -o pipefail ; /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/cache/docker.img' /var/lib/docker 10 |& logger
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower root: /mnt/cache/docker.img is in-use, cannot mount
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower emhttp: shcmd: shcmd (246): exit status: 1

any idea how to solf this. would be very bad to load all docker containers because I did some changes in some.

Thank you!!

Read the first post on how to report a bug or read the post above on how to report a bug.  Also for any issues we need more that that to help you.  If in doubt always post diagnostics.