Newbie PLEX problems, darn thought I had it under control!

I have 2 problems that may be connected.

Installed unRAID with PLEX about a month now and went ahead and purchased key as everything was running smooth.

Started fine tuning my setup and using the FIX COMMON PROBLEMS plugin found 3 problems:

1) PlexMediaServer docker application has its /config folder set to /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer

2) plexpy docker application has its /config folder set to /mnt/user/appdata/plexpy

3) transmission docker application has its /config folder set to /mnt/user/Torrents/config/

Not sure where to re-assign the config folders? Set to the Cache drive?

I am now having problems copy and pasting files from shares. eg. Copying files to my plex media folders. (paste option ghosted now....)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

(Copy Paste Problem is WINDOWS, works fine from my laptop)

Without getting into the details of why, but basically.

/mnt/user/ causes problems with some containers and their appdata, so FCP is recommending that you explicitly set it to use /mnt/cache/ 

For the examples above just replace user with cache

Assuming your appdata is indeed on the cache drive of course.

EDIT: Also, best to post a question like this in the FCP plugin thread.  As it's a query about that.  As for your second problem, probably best to reboot everything and try again, grab a set of diagostics if the problem still occurs and post a new thread in the general support forum.

I have 2 problems that may be connected.

Installed unRAID with PLEX about a month now and went ahead and purchased key as everything was running smooth.

Started fine tuning my setup and using the FIX COMMON PROBLEMS plugin found 3 problems:

1) PlexMediaServer docker application has its /config folder set to /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer

2) plexpy docker application has its /config folder set to /mnt/user/appdata/plexpy

3) transmission docker application has its /config folder set to /mnt/user/Torrents/config/

Not sure where to re-assign the config folders? Set to the Cache drive?

I am now having problems copy and pasting files from shares. eg. Copying files to my plex media folders. (paste option ghosted now....)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

(Copy Paste Problem is WINDOWS, works fine from my laptop)

Until very, very recently LT's default setting (and recommended setting) for the /config folder mappings was /mnt/user/appdata/appname.  This flew in the face of the recommendations of the users here (myself definitely included) that this was an issue.

The reason for this is what is called "hardlinks"  Plex as an example makes extensive usage of them, and  any  app that uses as its /config mapping /mnt/user/...  *may* have problems.  For Plex (as an example), this may mean that it will not display the posters/fanart, series themes may not work, etc.  For other apps, they may not even work at all. 

For this reason, the recommended mapping for /config is always /mnt/cache/appdata/appname (or in the absence of a cache drive, /mnt/diskx/appdata/appname

In your particular case, with it already mapped to /mnt/user, you have a couple of options.

The absolute ideal solution for proper operation is to completely delete the appdata folder, delete the docker.img folder, re-add the apps via CA's Previous Apps section and then on the volume mappings section change the /config mappings from /mnt/user/.... to /mnt/cache/....

If that's not convenient, then you have a choice to make. 

If everything seems to be working correctly, then just leave well enough alone.  But there may be on those 3 apps weird little bugs, etc that make no particular sense and no one else is able to reproduce.

You could try just setting the mappings for the apps (hit edit on the app) and change the /config mappings to /mnt/cache/... but there is no guarantee that the apps will work as they may have already tried to adjust themselves to the lack of support for hardlinks (with varying degrees of success).

Either way, going forward, any new apps which you may add, try and ensure that the mapping for /config when you add the app) is set to /mnt/cache/appdata/... and not /mnt/user/appdata/...  (If you're on 6.2, then you can also set the default location for the appdata folder by going to settings - docker - advanced settings, and set it to be /mnt/cache/appdata

EDIT: Also, best to post a question like this in the FCP plugin thread. 

No need to since we cross-posted, and my answer would be the same as above.

I meant in future, and as I left my crystal ball in the boot of my car I didn't know you were going to reply here.  ;D

EDIT: Also, best to post a question like this in the FCP plugin thread. 

No need to since we cross-posted, and my answer would be the same as above.

I meant in future, and as I left my crystal ball in the boot of my car I didn't know you were going to reply here.  ;D

My wife bought me a new fire pit in the middle of a fire ban in my area, so I'm sitting at the computer pouting.  IE:  Nothing else to do tonight but surf the threads.