[SUPPORT] pihole for unRaid - Spants repo

4 hours ago, bobokun said:

Has anyone figured a way to fix the graphs after the latest update? Graphs aren't updating for me as well.image.thumb.png.88153852824d7abc05150a644a576858.png

You have no queries or clients to graph.... are the clients pointing to your pihole server?

When you go to Tools/Tail pihole.log, are things being added?

58 minutes ago, spants said:

You have no queries or clients to graph.... are the clients pointing to your pihole server?

When you go to Tools/Tail pihole.log, are things being added?

My PiHole is working correctly in terms of blocking added, the log updating as I browse, just no data appearing in any of the graphs at all...

4 hours ago, Tyler said:

I had the same issue with nothing in the Query Log or data in the graphs.

diginc posted a fix in an issue raised for this on GitHub, and it worked for me.

Although the only step I had to do was edit the config file /dnsmasq.d/01-pihole.conf and change the line from "log-queries" to "log-queries=extra", then restart the container.

This also worked for me, changing "log-queries" to "log-queries=extra". Thanks for the pointer!

• Like 2

Hello. When I try to install the container I'm getting this error:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='pihole' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/Athens" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'ServerIP'='192.168.1.11' -e 'DNS1'='8.8.8.8' -e 'DNS2'='8.8.4.4' -e 'IPv6'='False' -e 'TZ'='Europe/Athens' -e 'WEBPASSWORD'='admin' -e 'INTERFACE'='br0' -e 'DNSMASQ_LISTENING'='all' -p '53:53/tcp' -p '53:53/udp' -p '80:80/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/pihole/pihole/':'/etc/pihole/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/pihole/dnsmasq.d/':'/etc/dnsmasq.d/':'rw' --cap-add=NET_ADMIN 'diginc/pi-hole:latest'

a6d1eed028308cf1bee761c286d6a07fc6d2fad4e27661e3a7cbc1d5fd3420fa
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint pihole (8771ee95e57f0209e3a1cb452d96767d776904d74ac9baa17817755812973ec1): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use.

The command failed.

Can you help?

On 3/5/2018 at 11:34 PM, mnever33 said:

Hello. When I try to install the container I'm getting this error:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='pihole' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/Athens" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'ServerIP'='192.168.1.11' -e 'DNS1'='8.8.8.8' -e 'DNS2'='8.8.4.4' -e 'IPv6'='False' -e 'TZ'='Europe/Athens' -e 'WEBPASSWORD'='admin' -e 'INTERFACE'='br0' -e 'DNSMASQ_LISTENING'='all' -p '53:53/tcp' -p '53:53/udp' -p '80:80/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/pihole/pihole/':'/etc/pihole/':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/pihole/dnsmasq.d/':'/etc/dnsmasq.d/':'rw' --cap-add=NET_ADMIN 'diginc/pi-hole:latest'

a6d1eed028308cf1bee761c286d6a07fc6d2fad4e27661e3a7cbc1d5fd3420fa
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint pihole (8771ee95e57f0209e3a1cb452d96767d776904d74ac9baa17817755812973ec1): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use.

The command failed.

Can you help?

The solution is to enter eth0 at Network Type. Only then the Fixed IP address field will show (I'm on 6.4.1)...

Now the only problem is the graphs not updating.

When an website is blocked, it is re-directing me back to the unraid server main management page. I'm trying to re-direct to a html file with some common "page is blocked" text. I've followed the guide on the first page. This is the only piece of pi-hole that is giving me issues. Other than this, it is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing. I've been digging through the configs and haven't found anything. If anyone knows how to change the re-direct page, please let me know!

Guest spants01
When an website is blocked, it is re-directing me back to the unraid server main management page. I'm trying to re-direct to a html file with some common "page is blocked" text. I've followed the guide on the first page. This is the only piece of pi-hole that is giving me issues. Other than this, it is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing. I've been digging through the configs and haven't found anything. If anyone knows how to change the re-direct page, please let me know!
The variable Server IP should be the ip address of the pihole docker... If you have set it to another ip address, change this. The adverts should just disappear.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, spants01 said:

The variable Server IP should be the ip address of the pihole docker... If you have set it to another ip address, change this. The adverts should just disappear.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Oops on my part. I had the network type set for bridge, changed that to host. I then went to network identification within unraid and changed the port. For some reason, updating the go file itself wasn't enough. Changed unraid to 81, moved pi-hole back to 80, I'm not getting the pi-hole interface when hitting a website that is blocked. I am good to go! Thanks for getting my brain to start looking in the right direction!!!

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

I want to use my Pi-Hole as local DNS resolver, but want to keep my current DHCP server (so not using PiHole DHCP). What would be the best way to do this?

That's how I'm running it on my end.

On my router, I just modified the DHCP DNS entry that it sends to clients to my pi-hole. Currently, not using Pi-hole as DHCP server, that's still the router.

2 minutes ago, ThornburyWN said:

That's how I'm running it on my end.

On my router, I just modified the DHCP DNS entry that it sends to clients to my pi-hole. Currently, not using Pi-hole as DHCP server, that's still the router.

That's what I do too, but where do you enter the names for the Pi to resolve? I want to type: http://banana in my browser and be forwarded to the 192.168.1.100 IP. What file should I edit to make this possible?

Ran the install, changed the TZ, changed UnRaid's port to free up port 80,  and I'm getting this error. Looked through my dockers and I don't see anything using port 53? I tried switching the interface to eth0

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="pihole" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "ServerIP"="192.168.1.22" -e "DNS1"="8.8.8.8" -e "DNS2"="8.8.4.4" -e "IPv6"="False" -e "TZ"="Americas/New_York" -e "WEBPASSWORD"="admin" -e "INTERFACE"="eth0" -e "DNSMASQ_LISTENING"="all" -p 53:53/tcp -p 53:53/udp -p 80:80/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/pihole/pihole/":"/etc/pihole/":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/pihole/dnsmasq.d/":"/etc/dnsmasq.d/":rw --cap-add=NET_ADMIN diginc/pi-hole:latest

5442d047cc08e2f750b707bde9f4ce161b51f1b64569a3253d77f0217c855659
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint pihole (7979d10917d31c7c09c69508c07f67166e8e7ab21cd4d340fc1637516a3d017e): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:53: bind: address already in use.

The command failed.

Edited by daniel329
additional info
On 09/03/2018 at 11:00 PM, daniel329 said:

Ran the install, changed the TZ, changed UnRaid's port to free up port 80,  and I'm getting this error. Looked through my dockers and I don't see anything using port 53? I tried switching the interface to eth0

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="pihole" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "ServerIP"="192.168.1.22" -e "DNS1"="8.8.8.8" -e "DNS2"="8.8.4.4" -e "IPv6"="False" -e "TZ"="Americas/New_York" -e "WEBPASSWORD"="admin" -e "INTERFACE"="eth0" -e "DNSMASQ_LISTENING"="all" -p 53:53/tcp -p 53:53/udp -p 80:80/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/pihole/pihole/":"/etc/pihole/":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/pihole/dnsmasq.d/":"/etc/dnsmasq.d/":rw --cap-add=NET_ADMIN diginc/pi-hole:latest

5442d047cc08e2f750b707bde9f4ce161b51f1b64569a3253d77f0217c855659
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint pihole (7979d10917d31c7c09c69508c07f67166e8e7ab21cd4d340fc1637516a3d017e): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:53: bind: address already in use.

The command failed.

Is your server at 192.168.1.22? (mine is!) Also a few post back it was found that unraid VM install pinches poet 53. I think if you disable VM, install, re-enable VM it should work (I think that was how people did it). I didnt have the problem....  

I'm currently getting the following issue - this is a new setup for me, and I had things working, added a few whitelists from my old Pi.Hole config and restarted and it doens't seem to actually want to block anything or process queries now.

dnsmasq: warning: interface br0 does not currently exist

br0 is what it is bound to on my docker container network type, br0 with 10.0.0.20 and the variable for INTERFACE is also set to br0. 

22 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

I'm currently getting the following issue - this is a new setup for me, and I had things working, added a few whitelists from my old Pi.Hole config and restarted and it doens't seem to actually want to block anything or process queries now.

dnsmasq: warning: interface br0 does not currently exist

br0 is what it is bound to on my docker container network type, br0 with 10.0.0.20 and the variable for INTERFACE is also set to br0. 

I was able to fix this by changing INTERFACE variable to eth0 as that seems to be what the docker container actually names the interface. 

things are running and working now it seems. Not sure why it worked on first launch with br0 picked but not 2nd launch, but this changed fixed it and i've started/stopped/forced updates and all is good.

Note I also had to CHMOD the setupVars.conf file in order to edit it from my Windows machine using Notepad++, I wanted to change a few settings there.

Namely these

DNSMASQ_LISTENING=single
DNS_FQDN_REQUIRED=false
DNS_BOGUS_PRIV=false
DNSSEC=false

• Like 1