Windows 10 VM seems to be locking up sporadically

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could assist me in figuring out why my Windows VM seems to be locking up sporadically. Sometimes it can be left running for days without issue, however recently I have had problems with it locking up and becoming inaccessible almost daily.

UnRaid itself seems fine, I can access my data over LAN and get onto the web management interface.

However, I use RDP & Teamviewer to access the VM remotely and both of these methods will drop off, when I go to the monitor connected to the VM (I pass through a GPU directly so it has its own keyboard & mouse as well as monitor) it seems frozen, not accepting keyboard & mouse inputs and having to be force stopped from the web management interface to be restarted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Asus P6T MB

Intel 975X CPU

12GB DDR3 RAM (6x 2GB DIMM's)

2x 6TB WD Red HDD's (one used as parity)

1x 3TB WD Green HDD

2x 256GB Samsung 850 evo SSD's

• 2 weeks later...

This is my biggest issue as well, so a solution would be appreciated.

I how now upgraded to 6.2 rc3. I hope that helps. Last time Win10 locked up it was displayed with a pause symbol in the web gui.

I have disabled automatic updates, so Win10 should not reboot itself. (Previously (on unraid 6.0(?)) it locked up the whole unraid server every time windows update booted the VM...)

I'm not seeing the GPU listed that you pass through to the VM.

What version of virtio do you have installed? If older, please update to the newest.

You also didn't provide a diagnostic, which would help in determing the root of the crash.

What machine type (i440fx or Q35?) are you using, how much ram/cpu's assigned?

Since you don't seem to require the GPU attached at all times, does this happen when you remove the GPU and use VNC as the graphics type?

Since you have "6x 2GB DIMM's" (which is an irregular amount), have you ran the included Memtest at least once to verify you don't have memory errors (multiple times certainly preffered)?

Hi sorry for the slow response, I was not receiving email notifications for some reason.

I have recently had to post the system logs due to a hard drive read error I started receiving. I do not know if after all this time the logs would detail the problems I was having before with the VM but please see attached.

The problem has not resurfaced recently as I have been shutting down my VM when not in use and using a proxy to access my UnRAID when needed while away from home instead of RDP.

6x DIMM's of RAM is because it is on the Intel X58 platform which uses triple channel memory.

Thanks again for any help which you can provide.

whitecorsair-diagnostics-20160808-1910.zip