CPU usage on dashboard?

I'm trying to figure out why my i7 3.4Ghz can't stream more than 1 1080p plex movie. It should be able to do four but it can't even handle two. Not that it's probably anything but I noticed on the dashboard my 3.4Ghz cpus never go above 1Ghz, I'm I reading too much into this? How can I verify everything with the cpu is setup correctly?

This is also under full load so I would think they would all be much higher than 1Ghz, right?

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Movies# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "MHz"

cpu MHz : 1099.953

cpu MHz : 1099.953

cpu MHz : 1009.109

cpu MHz : 1033.679

cpu MHz : 1021.328

cpu MHz : 1113.234

cpu MHz : 1039.656

cpu MHz : 999.945

Is this a bios or unraid issue?

Screenshot_2016-07-23_09_09_20.png.c0bf10da178328e4cb254a704478dd43.png

I'm trying to figure out why my i7 3.4Ghz can't stream more than 1 1080p plex movie. It should be able to do four but it can't even handle two. Not that it's probably anything but I noticed on the dashboard my 3.4Ghz cpus never go above 1Ghz, I'm I reading too much into this? How can I verify everything with the cpu is setup correctly?

<<Snip>>

Is this a bios or unraid issue?

Probably.  These things are usually require support from the Hardware, the BIOS and the OS.  Why don't you get your MB manual out and read about the options for throttling your CPU.  You might also check the Power profile settings in your BIOS. 

• 3 months later...