unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-rc3 Available

Can someone clarify for me what I should be doing for Docker and VMs in reference to the shares? It was my understanding that I should map docker .img and appdata to a disk directly and not use user share as it can cause issues, is this correct? Or should I use user share and create hard links? I'm confused now ha. I'm not using a cache drive btw.

While LT states that hardlinks do now work on user shares it is still a new feature with not a lot of evidence as of yet as to the stability or usability of that feature.

For the immediate future you'll be safest putting docker appdata directly onto a disk share.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Although if it's not used then any remaining issues won't get found.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone clarify for me what I should be doing for Docker and VMs in reference to the shares? It was my understanding that I should map docker .img and appdata to a disk directly and not use user share as it can cause issues, is this correct? Or should I use user share and create hard links? I'm confused now ha. I'm not using a cache drive btw.

While LT states that hardlinks do now work on user shares it is still a new feature with not a lot of evidence as of yet as to the stability or usability of that feature.

For the immediate future you'll be safest putting docker appdata directly onto a disk share.

Good point

I like to live dangerously so I'll try it out... I do have daily backups anyway. So I would just do a move from my disk appdata to the /mnt/user/appdata and point my containers correct?

After updating to 6.2 RC3 I'm unable to run "screen" in a shell session. When I try I  get the following error message: 

screen: error while loading shared libraries: libelf.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've installed the latest screen package in the NerdPack plugin.  Any suggestions?

After updating to 6.2 RC3 I'm unable to run "screen" in a shell session. When I try I  get the following error message: 

screen: error while loading shared libraries: libelf.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've installed the latest screen package in the NerdPack plugin.  Any suggestions?

Working ok for me, just tried.  You sure nerdpack is up to date.  Packages changed between V6.1.9 and V6.2 Beta/RC Series with the change from Slackware 14.1 to current (Which at the moment is 14.2)

Current screen package is screen-4.3.1-x86_64-2.txz

I have the latest version installed.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing. No luck.  Apparently there is some other package that installs the missing file that somehow got corrupted. I just need to know which package to re-install.

Try a reboot.  Everything gets loaded to RAM at boot.

Is it installing utempter-1.1.6-x86_64-2.txz when you try and install screen?

Yes.  I tried uninstalling and re-installing both.  This is frustrating as I use Screen often.

Only other thing I can think of then is a conflict between something else you got going on or some sort of bzroot corruption on your flash, but neither seem particularly likely tbh....

Figured it out.  I had to check the "uninstall" button in NerdPack. The button is partially obscured by the "help" an "Info" system buttons and I didn't see it at first.

Settings display settings.  Move the users tab to the settings menu

Settings display settings.  Move the users tab to the settings menu

Works in Firefox, doesn't seem to work in Chrome.

Users Tab moved to Settings has been working fine for me in Chrome since this was introduced many months ago. Try a hard refresh of your browser.

I made the Jump from 6.1.9 to 6.2.0 rc3! I recreated all my dockers and they are working just fine. I did have a windows 7 vm that I backed up and would like to know what is the best way to get it back going? My original VM path pointed to /mnt/cache/images/win7ent/

Thanks

JM

I made the Jump from 6.1.9 to 6.2.0 rc3! I recreated all my dockers and they are working just fine. I did have a windows 7 vm that I backed up and would like to know what is the best way to get it back going? My original VM path pointed to /mnt/cache/images/win7ent/

Thanks

JM

As far as I know, the instructions haven't changed since 6.2 beta 18. Check out the Virtual Machines section here

Thanks

JM

As far as I know, the instructions haven't changed since 6.2 beta 18. Check out the Virtual Machines section here

I should have mentioned that I started over fresh and wiped my current flash drive setup. I then started over recreating all my dockers and they work fine.  I made sure I had a backup of the windows 7 vm I had created.  Since this was my first time to restore a vm I was wondering if I just copy it back under the domains location and make any changes needed before I start it up. I probably should have posted this in another threat.

In that case, you should be able to create a new VM and select the VM hard drive file. Then just fill out the form to match your setup (passthorugh pcie drives, network bridge, etc.). Of course, make a backup before you start, but it should be pretty straight forward.

In that case, you should be able to create a new VM and select the VM hard drive file. Then just fill out the form to match your setup (passthorugh pcie drives, network bridge, etc.). Of course, make a backup before you start, but it should be pretty straight forward.

Will do.  Thank you

ok so I upgrade to 6.2rc3, and I think ok I will stop my array and add the 2nd parity disk now, I try to stop the array and the browser just keeps repeating at the bottom unmounting disks...retrying unmounting disks for ever and ever....I try to refresh my browser, load other pages and nothing is responding, eventually I hard reboot my unraid machine and it comes up ok.

I try a second time to stop array....same thing ending in hard reboot, everything runs and looks good, but I cant stop the array :(