Cache Drive Failed - Unformatted

Hi All,

I just read Rajahal's post regarding to Cache or not to Cache and was happy to read that I have gone down the right path.

A friend and myself put together my server (he was the one with all of the knowledge though), so as far as the actual set up, it was all his knowledge too.

I have a server for my house that contains media and other storage for backups, the media is accessed from different location throughout the house.

My friend that helped me with it is away on holiday and a few weeks ago I woke up and Plex in the house was working. I looked up server status and my Parity Drives (4 x 4TB) are working fine, however the 120Gb Kingston SSD cache drive is saying that it is unformatted.

The software for the plugins on my server were installed on this I believe (Plex, SABnzbd, SickBeard, etc) or the settings for these were stored here at least, so I will need to start again with those settings etc.

So I assume, that this drive has failed somehow. Does it mean that I should just replace that drive or will it work if I just format it?

Clearly I am very green with this, thanks in advance for any assistance.

Diagnostics didn't appear until 6.0 rc4 so we're out of luck there.

you could do this from the terminal

cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

and then post the syslog.txt file that'll be saved on the flash drive.  Maybe some clue, maybe not.

Is this what you are after?

Seriously a mission for a noob, lol pretty happy I have gotten this far.

syslog.txt