WebUI corrupt

I had an error upgrading the webui the other day and now the system boots, I can get to my data but the webui says "404 File not found". Also, the docker apps don't run.

What's the procedure from here? I guess I need to re-install on the USB drive but I'm concerned about losing config... I can see the flash drive remotely and can see there are contents on there

A little off-topic as it doesn't specifically relate to be issue, but close enough I think - is there a reason you guys are updating your DNS server configuration in unRAID?

I only ask as I cannot think of a reason to do so. When I need to change DNS settings I do so in pfsense (my router) and I have unRAID gets its config automatically from the router.

A little off-topic as it doesn't specifically relate to be issue, but close enough I think - is there a reason you guys are updating your DNS server configuration in unRAID?

I only ask as I cannot think of a reason to do so. When I need to change DNS settings I do so in pfsense (my router) and I have unRAID gets its config automatically from the router.

I would expect a lot of people use a static address assignment for their servers, rather than DHCP.

I use DHCP with a reservation myself, but setting it up manually isn't uncommon.

I would expect a lot of people use a static address assignment for their servers, rather than DHCP.

I use DHCP with a reservation myself, but setting it up manually isn't uncommon.

This may be the case, but again I'd have to wonder what would be the reason to do this in unRAID configuration and not your router.

This may be the case, but again I'd have to wonder what would be the reason to do this in unRAID configuration and not your router.

There's no benefit that I can see of using an external DNS server if you have a working DNS resolver/forwarder on your router. I don't know what would happen to your unRAID box if it couldn't communicate with its DNS server temporarily, like if you broke your router, but it seems to recover gracefully if I unplug the network to move a cable and then plug it back in, so I'm guessing it doesn't flip out too much.

However, the difference between my router with a cached entry (5ms) and Google's DNS (45ms) is so low that you wouldn't know the difference unless you were timing it. So unless your unRAID box has some need to resolve things that only your internal DNS server can resolve, there's no real harm in pointing it directly to the internet either.

To put it another way: there's no harm in doing it either way, as long as you do it right. There are some benefits to doing it on the router, but they're fairly minor unless you start getting into fancier setups.