Well, Opentoe is back...

Is this Windows 10?  If so, you will find several active threads discussing(/disgusting) SMB and Window 10 issues in this sub-forum.  It is becoming a a bigger and bigger issue that does not appear to have a single 'magic bullet' solution.  What works for one person, doesn't for the next...  (Apparently, SAMBA and Windows 10 are out of sync with the SAMBA team trying to catch up.)

Perhaps your system just misses you and wants to confirm you're really back  :) :)

A bit more seriously ... does it work okay if you log in and check the "remember my credentials" button?

Also, is your client Windows 10?  As Frank noted, there are a few "tweaks" you need to do to get that working okay ... they're fairly well documented on the forum (Sorry, but I don't recall exactly what they are ... I fixed mine many months ago and don't remember exactly what I had to do).

Workgroup or domain?

I do not have an explanation but I saw the same thing on my both of my WIN10 machines.  What fixed it for me was to specify unraid.workgroup rather than just unraid.  It let me right in and I only had to do it once.  After that I could browse to just unraid without issue.

John

I've tried

domain\user

root

and variations. My corporation doesn't use keys them selves, still stuck on key servers. Give this old guy a break, I had a few really bad months. ;D

My unraid server is "SUN" so if I input //sun all my shares will come up, including disks. All the array drives work fine, but the unassigned drive does not.

Workgroup or domain?

I do not have an explanation but I saw the same thing on my both of my WIN10 machines.  What fixed it for me was to specify unraid.workgroup rather than just unraid.  It let me right in and I only had to do it once.  After that I could browse to just unraid without issue.

John

I have both, but rely on workgroup more. Thanks. I'll try.

Workgroup or domain?

John

Just to be more clear...

\\sun.workgroup

if your workgroup name is actually workgroup.

Workgroup or domain?

John

Just to be more clear...

\\sun.workgroup

Been trying all variations for a network path, but the only thing I got working was through WinSCP. This is only with one unassigned drive. The regular array drives work ok.

Don't know why I didn't ask before...

What version of unraid?

Assume you are using the Unassingned Devices plugin?  Since this behavior seems to be limited to that shares via that plugin, you may get better support in that thread.

John

Version 6.19 and only happens with my one unassigned drive using the plugin.

Don't know why I didn't ask before...

What version of unraid?

Assume you are using the Unassingned Devices plugin?  Since this behavior seems to be limited to that shares via that plugin, you may get better support in that thread.

John

Version 6.19 and only happens with my one unassigned drive using the plugin.

What is the File System of the drive in Unassigned Devices? I have a mixture of XFS and NTFS drives and have experienced issues with my NTFS drives and old ACL's (access control list) on the drive.  I have also seen issues where the permissions in the Windows credential manager prevent me from opening drives via //tower but not //IP.address.  So every now and then I go into the credential manager and delete all of my unRaid stored credentials and reboot my computer. Just a thought.

Workgroup or domain?

John

Just to be more clear...

\\sun.workgroup

Thanks, I tried all variations but nothing worked to connect to just the unassigned drive. It is not that big of a deal and my priority is trying to get a simple Ubuntu VM up and running. Yea, that's another thread. I also have no shame admitting it. :)

Is it only the ssd share that's asking for credentials?

Have you set the SMB security settings for Unassigned devices itself?

Go to; Settings Tab >> Unassigned Devices (under user utilities, at the bottom of the page)

Set the SMB settings as per what you wish, it's the same manner as any other share in unraid

I only know as I was in the same position as you a little while ago, performing everything on my UD ssd through putty.

I believe this is a global security setting for all UD. I only have the 1 drive setup outside the array, so can't prove it