Docker Questions

I've done a lot of research on dockers. I understand how to create a custom image and I understand how to deploy a container now. However I do have a few questions.

1) Data

As best practice all data IE SQL tables, Configs, Etc should be stored "Outside the container"

2) Access

What would best practice be for SSHing into a container just to take a peek openssh something within unraid? Shouldn't be needed? WebUI ssh?

Thank you for any help it is appreciated.

1) Generally, you would store things outside the container if you need to easily access it from outside the container, or anything that requires a significant amount of storage.

Or if you want it to survive a complete reinstall of the docker.

Or switch from one maintainer's docker to another.

1) Generally, you would store things outside the container if you need to easily access it from outside the container, or anything that requires a significant amount of storage.

Or if you want it to survive a complete reinstall of the docker.

To expand upon this, there are times when it is necessary and/or wanted to recreate the docker.img file.  If any files (metadata, db, etc) are stored within the docker.img file then they will be lost when it is recreated.  If the metadata/db is stored outside the image, then the image can be recreated to your hearts content without worrying about anything - a simple download and everything is back the way it was.