How do I edit text files?

I am having the hardest time getting couchpotato or sickrage to work with any downloader. Instead of having everything workable from the get go, everything I read says to go to this file and edit your user and password, or go to this file and change this or that. Well, how do I edit text files so I can finally get this working? I view them either thru the appdata share or thru dolphin but have no way to edit them. I cannot see appdata on any other computer outside of the unraid system.

It shouldn't take hours to get two dockers to work with each other, so frustrating! Its not like I am computer illiterate lol.

I am having the hardest time getting couchpotato or sickrage to work with any downloader. Instead of having everything workable from the get go, everything I read says to go to this file and edit your user and password, or go to this file and change this or that. Well, how do I edit text files so I can finally get this working? I view them either thru the appdata share or thru dolphin but have no way to edit them. I cannot see appdata on any other computer outside of the unraid system.

It shouldn't take hours to get two dockers to work with each other, so frustrating! Its not like I am computer illiterate lol.

Permissions on the various files in appdata are basically going to mean that you might have no choice but to drop down to the command line and edit the files with nano

But, while I'm not familiar with sickRage (familiar with sonarr), I don't see why you would ever need to manually configure the files beyond very advanced usage settings.

Permissions on the various files in appdata are basically going to mean that you might have no choice but to drop down to the command line and edit the files with nano

But, while I'm not familiar with sickRage (familiar with sonarr), I don't see why you would ever need to manually configure the files beyond very advanced usage settings.

To get deluge to work with couchpotato you have to edit the username and password to get it to work for some reason. The way it is currently in the configuration files does not work, so I need to edit the config files to let couchpotato have access to deluge and start downloads.

I also read to move a current plex setup over to my new unraid box I need to find and replace some configuration files. So I need to be able to edit those as well.

Is there no type of editor for Dolphin? When I find the files in Dolphin it asks me what I should use to open those files but I see nothing to chose from.

I'm not familiar with nano, but if I have no choice then I guess I will try it, other wise Ill just scrap unraid before buying it and run everything on windows server.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi I'm new to Unraid and linux, so I now know, I have a step learning curve. So I hope there is a generous person that could give me a push forward.

I have open the console in MariaDB in docker, but when I type nano i got follow message.

root@daaeed0ed600:/# nano
bash: nano: command not found

Does nano command not work in docker container? How can I edit a file?

I have also tried Krusader, but here I don't know how to open a path into a docker container.