IP Camera docker...

opentoe

Check out Zoneminder Docker

Thank you. I'm currently going through some cameras to see which manufacture I like the best. Surprisingly I bought an Amcrest PTZ model on Amazon, hooked it into Blue Iris ( which is a paid camera managment software that I may buy for camera management ) and the setup worked pretty good. Very surprised on the camera quality, speed and options.

Having been through Zoneminder, a couple of dedicated boxes systems, and Blue Iris, I advise installing Blue Iris. Inexpensive software, and really, really great. Have mine installed on Windows Server VM.

What kind of resources do you have dedicated to the VM? Are you using your data store for storage? Something external? Why do you think it's a better solution than something dedicated?

Thanks.. Just trying to decide which path to take.

Having been through Zoneminder, a couple of dedicated boxes systems, and Blue Iris, I advise installing Blue Iris. Inexpensive software, and really, really great. Have mine installed on Windows Server VM.

What kind of resources do you have dedicated to the VM? Are you using your data store for storage? Something external? Why do you think it's a better solution than something dedicated?

Thanks.. Just trying to decide which path to take.

Been using the demo with Blue Iris and it is pretty good. Works well. I'd like to make a Windows VM for it but I don't have any Windows 7/10 keys available. Windows should just give away their OS full for consumers.

The demo of Blue Iris and one of their $100 Amcrest cameras has been working out pretty good. Been testing it for a little bit. The camera prices are good and the current Amcrest I'm using now has an excellent picture. Most likely a couple bullet cameras installed in the front and one PTZ motion detection one in the back.

• 9 months later...
On August 17, 2016 at 5:41 PM, bigjme said:

I'm running blue iris on a vm with 2 cores (of 5960x) and 2gb memory on Windows 10. 25% cpu usage when recording a single 3mp camera

Love the software and the mobile app is great for when your out. I use it all the time

I tried doing this and have no video on my VM using server 2016.  Works just fine on my Windows 10 desktop.  Any suggestions?  Am I missing a codec?  I'm using rdp to connect and install.