CPU info not showing up, can't use KVM

ZeroK

I just replaced my motherboard and cpu with a Supermicro X8DT3 with a single X5540 Xeon and I'm running the latest UNRAID version.  Previously my system was an old AMD socket F which never supported virtualization.  I have everything turned on in the BIOS dealing with VT-x and VT-d turned on that I can possible find but it still says the CPU info is @ Unknown as well as HVM and IOMMU Not available.  Am I missing something simple?  There isn't much left in the BIOS that I can enable.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks...

That was the first thing I did, it's running the latest.  I'm thinking about getting a different CPU off ebay just to try but I bought two of the 5540's in a set since the board is dual cpu capable but I'm only running one for now.  I tried both cpus (not both at the same time) and they both do the same thing.  I could try both at the same time but to me I don't think that would solve it, one cpu should work just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

So more testing, flashed the BIOS even though the new BIOS was the same version.  I replaced the E5540 with an X5660 which I know both are supported and loaded default settings, made sure VT-x and anything dealing with it was enabled and it still says

M/B: Supermicro - X8DT3

CPU: @ Unknown

HVM: Not Available

IOMMU: Not Available

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I would try installing ESXi on another USB stick and booting up with that to isolate the problem to either hardware or software. If ESXi shows everything is OK, then it's definitely Unraid. If ESXi won't boot, or shows VT-d disabled, then it's BIOS/hardware.

Once you know which one of those is the problem, you can better focus your troubleshooting efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

After doing what DarkKnight suggested and trying esxi, it worked perfectly so that narrowed it down to Unraid as the problem.

So I figured out the issue finally; this started out as an Unraid v5 version that I upgraded to v6.  Apparently either I missed a step doing the upgrade or it isn't in the steps but the syslinux file needed to be replaced.  My version had the Xen/unRAID option as the default.  This apparently disabled anything dealing with VMs when in v6.  Once I replaced my syslinux file with a new version from the unraid 6 zip file it's working fine with the old e5540 processor and x5660 processor.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and thanks DarkKnight for pushing me in that direction of trying esxi.