How to install DigiKam?

Dockers are enabled in Settings, but I now see that I can't really install or see Dockers until my array is started, which it is not at the moment (and which makes sense).

But wasn't the purpose of "Community Apps" to be a replacement for the Dockers method of installing apps? Well, let me first start the array back up and see whether then things make more sense again.

Dockers are enabled in Settings, but I now see that I can't really install or see Dockers until my array is started, which it is not at the moment (and which makes sense).

But wasn't the purpose of "Community Apps" to be a replacement for the Dockers method of installing apps? Well, let me first start the array back up and see whether then things make more sense again.

Absolutely, that's the intent of CA.  But if the array is stopped, then docker isn't enabled and all you can use CA for is to install plugins.  If the array is started, and you don't have a docker tab, then something is wrong with your docker settings and/or the docker.img file is buggered, and CA won't let you install docker apps, only plugins

well, now that the array is started I do get the "Add" buttons underneath the apps in CA, but when I click on "Add" underneath the DigiKam app, then it sends me to an Add Container page that has everything filled in for the NZBGet Docker, which I had already installed...why would that be? Do I *first* need to install the Docker via the Dockers tab and *then* go to CA? But that would kind of negate the whole purpose of CA, wouldn't it?

while installing, I see that one of the items of the package is downloading so slowly that this may take hours...not sure what's up with "IMAGE ID [efb30cca7007]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 3% of 311 MB":

Pulling image: aptalca/docker-digikam:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from aptalca/docker-digikam.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists. Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 32 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [3b1d42cd9af9]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 63 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [707a1369b69a]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 70 KB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [2dcca790c489]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 680 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [ae857e8dd13c]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 11 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [5e76b8984803]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 30 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [e28a0cb79a9f]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 8 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [3fa6f956b718]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 122 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [efb30cca7007]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 3% of 311 MB.

IMAGE ID [41bb60bbb5d5]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 111 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete.

IMAGE ID [b74e1eb3e265]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 357 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete.

IMAGE ID [6cc262b50ea8]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 355 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete.

patience, Till, patience...the download recovered on its own and the install appears to have finished:

Pulling image: aptalca/docker-digikam:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from aptalca/docker-digikam.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists. Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 32 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [3b1d42cd9af9]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 63 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [707a1369b69a]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 70 KB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [2dcca790c489]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 680 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [ae857e8dd13c]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 11 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [5e76b8984803]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 30 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [e28a0cb79a9f]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 8 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [3fa6f956b718]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 122 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [efb30cca7007]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 311 MB. Retrying in 5 seconds. Retrying in 4 seconds. Retrying in 3 seconds. Retrying in 2 seconds. Retrying in 1 seconds. Downloading 100% of 311 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [41bb60bbb5d5]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 111 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [b74e1eb3e265]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 357 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [6cc262b50ea8]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 355 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

Status: Downloaded newer image for aptalca/docker-digikam:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 534 MB

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="DigiKam" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "WIDTH"="1920" -e "HEIGHT"="1080" -e "EDGE"="1" -p 8100:8080/tcp -v "/mnt/user/docker/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/unRAID/Media/Images/":"/pictures":rw aptalca/docker-digikam

1b92fc3d4ab4db272d6ae3a93720cf7ec674216abb5de72b90123489d663864d

The command finished successfully!

well, now that the array is started I do get the "Add" buttons underneath the apps in CA, but when I click on "Add" underneath the DigiKam app, then it sends me to an Add Container page that has everything filled in for the NZBGet Docker, which I had already installed...why would that be? Do I *first* need to install the Docker via the Dockers tab and *then* go to CA? But that would kind of negate the whole purpose of CA, wouldn't it?

No, you do not need to install via Docker's Add Container.  Defeats the purpose of CA completely

There has always been an edge case since day #1 of Community Repositories where when clicking Add within CA can load up the wrong template.  And that is where if you have a tab open within your browser with an instance of CA running (and displaying something), and then open up another tab for CA and have it displaying something else (and the application feed updated itself or you hit update applications on it)

Now if you go back to the original tab, the data files which it references on the display are out of sync with the main database (since the 2nd instance updated them by the appfeed changing, or by hitting update applications -> there may be some other unlikely instances that can also cause this), so adding from the original tab is now going to bring up the incorrect templates)

The solution to this is complicated and basically involves a whole rewrite and rethink of the entire way that CA operates, along with a rather large slowdown of the processing), and since that circumstance is a rather large edge case (and even in development I have never been hit by it, although I always knew it was possible) I've left it in place.

If the above (or similar) is not the case, then at this moment, I cannot replicate why it would have loaded the incorrect template.

sorry, but I don't think I really got what you wrote just now, Squid. Did I do something I shouldn't have by installing via the Dockers tab?

one way or another, after going through that install and answering all of the "Simple Settings" questions, it started doing a scan of my Images folder which was still at 0% after 10 minutes, at which point I cancelled, thinking that I could always add individual folders later for scanning (I have close to 500,000 images, many of them RAW, in my Images folder), but then it just showed me a black screen.

not going so well this DigiKam install, so far ;)

sorry, but I don't think I really got what you wrote just now, Squid. Did I do something I shouldn't have by installing via the Dockers tab?

one way or another, after going through that install and answering all of the "Simple Settings" questions, it started doing a scan of my Images folder which was still at 0% after 10 minutes, at which point I cancelled, thinking that I could always add individual folders later for scanning (I have close to 500,000 images, many of them RAW, in my Images folder), but then it just showed me a black screen.

not going so well this DigiKam install, so far ;)

No, you've done nothing wrong by installing via the Docker Tab.  All I was saying was that with CA installed there is zero point to doing that, as it defeats the purpose of CA.

What I was trying to explain (and its a hard thing to explain since it goes deeply into the inner workings of CA) was that there has always been a very unlikely set of circumstances that *can* (but probably won't) result in CA loading up the wrong template (it is caused by multiple browser tabs open with CA).

Next time you go to add an app, do it through CA and try and make note of exactly what you're doing because what you've reported about it loading the incorrect template I am unable to replicate it without forcing a situation that users 99.9999% of the time won't run into  (nor have any other users reported anything similar).  If you can manage to repeat the steps causing CA to load an incorrect template, then I'll be able to follow those steps and fix the issue.