[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

10 hours ago, Uleepera said:

After much digging, the directory permission for the grafana directory needs to be updated.  either go in and chmod it or just use the file tool for the share and change the permissions.  After that everything worked fine. 

I had the same issue. I ssh'd into unraid and did a chmod -R 777 on the grafana folder in appdata and it worked.

3 hours ago, Cyclops said:

I am trying to download the telegraf.conf file from this url: https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/blob/master/etc/telegraf.conf that's listed in the startup guide. However, I am getting a 404 error and no existing blob/master subdirectory. What's the new url to download the templete telgraf.conf file?

Thank you!

Based on the documentation here you should be able to generate a config file by running

telegraf --sample-config > telegraf.conf
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 1:05 AM, gamerkonks said:

Based on the documentation here you should be able to generate a config file by running

telegraf --sample-config > telegraf.conf

Hi,

I saw that in the documentation, but we can't start the telegraf docker if we don't have a telegraf.conf already setup, so I don't get how we could run this command :(

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 7:49 PM, Cuissedemouche said:

Hi,

I saw that in the documentation, but we can't start the telegraf docker if we don't have a telegraf.conf already setup, so I don't get how we could run this command :(

I'm in the same situation and haven't been able to find a working link for telegraf.conf. Any help?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 8:34 AM, obiwog said:

I ran into the same issue.  I tried using The Way Back machine and was able to get a config file from a May 03, 2022 snapshot.  Here is the URL:  https://web.archive.org/web/20220503171018/https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/blob/master/etc/telegraf.conf

I'm a new Unraid user so was just starting my monitoring setup and also ran into the same issue. Looks like the Guide may need an update.

But the good news is I was able to find a newer final version of the telegraf.conf file. The one I found is from Feb of 2023

https://web.archive.org/web/20230209014553/https://raw.githubusercontent.com/influxdata/telegraf/master/etc/telegraf.conf

Edited by macronin
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like an idiot but some confusion on my part lingers. Just did a vanilla install of the InfluxDB docker on my up-to-date Unraid server. I didn't change anything since the default ports 8083 and 8086 were unused. When I attempt to connect via the "WebUI" context menu I get a "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error. So I google a bit and read some posts that the web UI has been depreciated and I should use console commands, but that goes nowhere. I see that the WebUI context menu is using port 8083. For the heck of it I change it to port 8086 and voila - a web UI that lets me set up InfluxDB. So is the Web UI depreciated? Is there was port swap in the docker template?

Edited by Abe677
  • 2 weeks later...

Hallo, ich musste vor kurzer zeit mein System neu aufsetzen und hatte leider kein Backup von Unraid und meinen Dockern. Jetzt möchte ich den Grafana Docker neu installieren was auch soweit funktioniert, aber wenn ich den starten möchte dann startet er nicht oder bringt Fehler. In der Protokolldatei kommt folgendes:

mkdir: can't create directory '/var/lib/grafana/plugins': Permission denied
GF_PATHS_DATA='/var/lib/grafana' is not writable.
You may have issues with file permissions, more information here: http://docs.grafana.org/installation/docker/#migrate-to-v51-or-later

Kann mir jemand weiterhelfen was ich tun  muss oder wie ich den Docker zum Laufen bekomme? Vielen Dank schon einmal. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am having issues with this application.  I am trying to get data from an ambient weather station (WS-2000) into grafana for visualization purposes.  Here is what I have setup.

1) https://github.com/neilenns/ambientweather2mqtt This was installed via CA

2) I also installed mosquitto from CA (the cmcambridge repo)

I believe that this is working fine.  I can see logs from mosquitto showing the weather station publishing

3) I installed this grafana application.  But no data ever gets into it from the weather station.  It appears to be hitting mosquitto, but data is not returning.  In fact, I dont see that it has actually subscribed in the logs (I am new to MQTT, but it seems like there should be something?  I have tried all wildcards and other various things, but I also get an empty query response

I have attached screenshots of the log from mosquitto as well as from the data sources tab in grafana.  I appreciate any guidance.

image.png.a00511c021ad14b6947a3d931007a7ee.pngimage.thumb.png.9970297281509e7f27dace7ed2245744.png

• 5 weeks later...

Hi I wonder if anybody has got the Grafana docker to work with ssl?

I am installing Grafana to connect to an existing influx db in order so it can be used to make a single dashboard panel available to an external web page.  

In order to embed the grafana dashboard panel iframe I need to be using https so trying to see if anybody has got ssl working with this docker container.  I am new to docker and whilst I can see the Grafana commands needed I cannot run this as sudo.

Any help or direction to implement ssl in the container would be much appreciated.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:33 PM, cassiusdrow said:

I've found a way to use the latest telegraf docker image while allowing installation of smartmontools and any other packages needed.  This is using the "telegraf:alpine" image.  This technique can probably be used with the "telegraf:latest" image but the package commands will be different.

1. Create your telegraf configuration file as /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf

2. Create the /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/entrypoint.sh file:

#!/bin/sh

# Add packages
apk update
apk upgrade
apk add smartmontools nvme-cli lm-sensors lm-sensors-detect perl curl ipmitool

# Update smart database
/usr/sbin/update-smart-drivedb --no-verify

# Start telegraf
telegraf --watch-config poll --config '/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf'

3. Make the file executable:

chmod 777 /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/entrypoint.sh

4. Install atribe's official telegraf docker

5. Set Repository: telegraf:alpine

6. Set Extra Parameters: --user=root --entrypoint=/etc/telegraf/entrypoint.sh

7. Edit "Host Path 7"

7.a. Change "Container Path" to /etc/telegraf

7.b. change "Host Path" to /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf

7.c. change "Default Value" to /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf

7.d. Save the changes.

8. Click Apply to start the container.

Has something changed with using this approach?  Keep getting that the entrypoint.sh file can't be found.  It's definitely there (everything starts fine w/mapping just the telegraph folder, removing the extra parameter results in telegraph just starting with the telegraph.conf in that mapped directory). 

Somewhat baffled - wondering if it's because it's a script that it's not seeing it?

2 hours ago, Necro said:

Has something changed with using this approach?  Keep getting that the entrypoint.sh file can't be found.  It's definitely there (everything starts fine w/mapping just the telegraph folder, removing the extra parameter results in telegraph just starting with the telegraph.conf in that mapped directory). 

Somewhat baffled - wondering if it's because it's a script that it's not seeing it?

I'm sorry, I can't help.  I stopped running influx/telegraf/grafana a few months ago.  The influx database was getting very large and I wasn't really looking at the data so I removed them.

17 hours ago, cassiusdrow said:

I'm sorry, I can't help.  I stopped running influx/telegraf/grafana a few months ago.  The influx database was getting very large and I wasn't really looking at the data so I removed them.

Thanks for the quick reply either way!  Ended up just shifting to the earlier release and it's all working fine - wasted way too much time trying to fix it when that just did it with two line changes :/. 

On 8/2/2023 at 11:11 PM, Kev29 said:

Hallo, ich musste vor kurzer zeit mein System neu aufsetzen und hatte leider kein Backup von Unraid und meinen Dockern. Jetzt möchte ich den Grafana Docker neu installieren was auch soweit funktioniert, aber wenn ich den starten möchte dann startet er nicht oder bringt Fehler. In der Protokolldatei kommt folgendes:

mkdir: can't create directory '/var/lib/grafana/plugins': Permission denied
GF_PATHS_DATA='/var/lib/grafana' is not writable.
You may have issues with file permissions, more information here: http://docs.grafana.org/installation/docker/#migrate-to-v51-or-later

Kann mir jemand weiterhelfen was ich tun  muss oder wie ich den Docker zum Laufen bekomme? Vielen Dank schon einmal. 

Just went through this myself, solution is to change permissions from read-only for group/other to R/W:
image.png.a27af61bf158f5f810a57bb2193600c9.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 11:41 PM, NielsS said:

Did you get it to work in the end? I am facing a similar issue, but for me the docker does not mention yet reading the telegraf.d folder. My Post Argument looks like this

/bin/sh -c 'apt update && apt install -y smartmontools && apt install -y lm-sensors && apt install -y nvme-cli && apt install -y ipmitool && telegraf --config /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf --config-directory /etc/telegraf/telegraf.d'

Any guidance is welcome!

this finally worked for me, putting it in the post argument directly. I only used the --config-directory parameter.

while the log doesn't explicitly mention reading the config-directory, I can see the multiple outputs being loaded so I infer that it was successful; previously it would only load one output. phew!

On 21.9.2023 at 15:10, tjb_altf4 said:

Ich habe das gerade selbst durchgesehen. Die Lösung besteht darin, die Berechtigungen von „schreibgeschützt“ für Gruppe/Andere in „R/W“ zu ändern:
image.png.a27af61bf158f5f810a57bb2193600c9.png

Wo kann ich das genau einstellen? Finde das bis jetzt bei mir noch nicht. 

• 2 weeks later...

How to fix Grafana Permission Errors properly

(on first start and later)

Its not ok to set the permissions of the appdata/grafana folder anything else then root or increase the permissions blindly.

to correctly fix this there needs to be an extra parameter added do that the internal user id using the same id as the root user from unraid

Grafana Container -> Edit -> Advanced -> Extra Parameters -> add:

--user 0

after that make sure owner of /mnt/user/appdata/Grafana is root:root and grafana will start just fine:

chown -R root:root /mnt/user/appdata/Grafana

Edited by jit-010101
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 4:13 PM, jit-010101 said:

How to fix Grafana Permission Errors properly

(on first start and later)

Its not ok to set the permissions of the appdata/grafana folder anything else then root or increase the permissions blindly.

to correctly fix this there needs to be an extra parameter added do that the internal user id using the same id as the root user from unraid

Grafana Container -> Edit -> Advanced -> Extra Parameters -> add:

--user 0

after that make sure owner of /mnt/user/appdata/Grafana is root:root and grafana will start just fine:

chown -R root:root /mnt/user/appdata/Grafana

I just updated the xml template to now include the extra parameters by default.

<ExtraParams>--user "$(id -u)"</ExtraParams>

• Upvote 1