[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

Is the problem specific to this the telegraf container? Can you get something else to work?

I don't have any others. Just tried apache with no luck. Any suggested app's to try?

Try watchtower, its a simple app that updates your other docker images to the latest versions.

That worked. It's running.

Try influxdb. It maps ports and volumes, so its the next step of testing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Now to figure out why the other container doesn't work.

Have you tried nuking your docker image? Turn off docker in settings and go to your appdata folder and delete the docker image? That's about all the help I can think to offer at this point.

Well I'm getting closer. Issue was the .conf file location. The required location was noted as /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf. It was creating this path automatically, but telegraf.conf was an actual directory. So I removed the directory and placed the file at /mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/. Hope this makes sense, but that is at least got things moving.

The issue I have now is the docker log is giving me this error:

Error parsing /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf, line 70: field corresponding to `logfile' is not defined in `*config.AgentConfig'

I believe it has something to do with this line...Not sure what to do to fix the error.

## Specify the log file name. The empty string means to log to stderr.
  logfile = ""

• Like 1

Error parsing /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf, line 70: field corresponding to `logfile' is not defined in `*config.AgentConfig'

I believe it has something to do with this line...Not sure what to do to fix the error.

logfile = ""

Glad you figured it out. Should also help the next person to forget the config file. As for that error I would try commenting out that line and restarting telegraf.

logfile = ""

Glad you figured it out. Should also help the next person to forget the config file. As for that error I would try commenting out that line and restarting telegraf.

Ya, glad I'm at least getting this far. Now to figure out the errors..

I commented out the line already and keep getting other errors. 

Error parsing /etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf, line 492: field corresponding to `collect_cpu_time' is not defined in `*system.CPUStats'

edit: just got it running. had to comment out the #logfile line and & #collect_cpu_time line. We will see if it collects correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay,

I tried to set everything up, but I am complete newbie to UnRaid and dockers (and linux).

All I want for now is for Grafana to somehow get the current (and past) data from Glances and display it.

I installed grafana, influxdb and glances.

Grafana I running and I imported the json from https://github.com/nicolargo/glances/blob/master/conf/glances-grafana.json.

I also managed to activate the InfluxDB admin web interface and created multiple DBs.

The next step was installing Glances and running it with

--export-influxdb

Since then, Glances is somehow failing to start. See log:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main

"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code

exec code in run_globals

File "/glances/glances/__main__.py", line 29, in <module>

glances.main()

File "glances/__init__.py", line 225, in main

start_standalone(config=config, args=args)

File "glances/__init__.py", line 105, in start_standalone

standalone = GlancesStandalone(config=config, args=args)

File "glances/standalone.py", line 80, in __init__

self.screen = GlancesCursesStandalone(config=config, args=args)

File "glances/outputs/glances_curses.py", line 101, in __init__

self.screen = curses.initscr()

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/curses/__init__.py", line 33, in initscr

fd=_sys.__stdout__.fileno())

_curses.error: setupterm: could not find terminal

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main

"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code

exec code in run_globals

File "/glances/glances/__main__.py", line 29, in <module>

glances.main()

File "glances/__init__.py", line 225, in main

start_standalone(config=config, args=args)

File "glances/__init__.py", line 105, in start_standalone

standalone = GlancesStandalone(config=config, args=args)

File "glances/standalone.py", line 80, in __init__

self.screen = GlancesCursesStandalone(config=config, args=args)

File "glances/outputs/glances_curses.py", line 101, in __init__

self.screen = curses.initscr()

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/curses/__init__.py", line 33, in initscr

fd=_sys.__stdout__.fileno())

_curses.error: setupterm: could not find terminal

I then tried to at least include the DB from InfluxDB in Grafana which is giving me an error I don't quite understand or with what I have no idea what to do now.

(See attached .png)

I would apprechiate any help :)

Grafana.png.a766cdd071601f06fbc7941c73146fc0.png

First, I want to say thank you for your time on setting up MineOS-node so that it is super easy to get running on unRaid.

I have a pretty big issue, however. I have MineOS running and I am able to download profiles and install and use servers. I'm trying to make it easy for my kids to add plugins and mods to the servers, but since MineOS uses system accounts to restrict access to the servers, I can't use SMB for them to copy the files to the appdata share as it is exported with nobody rights.

What are you guys doing to get around this problem? I can chmod directories and files to world writable, but I'm not able to overwrite existing files. Is it safe to change the file owners and MineOS still operate properly?

Not sure if the attached screenshot is necessary, but thought I would post it anyway. I'm also not sure what other information would be helpful at this time.

All help is appreciated!

2017-02-15_15_46_42-MemoryAlpha_UpdateContainer.png.cb90c66bd276481bd82bb692d0d47693.png

Some further information. While making the files and directories world writable works initially, any newly created files by the server are not world writable, so I'm back to the initial problem. I have to imagine someone else updates plugins, mods or world files on their servers, right? How do you do it?

I've had to do the same, I have to chmod all my files to user 1000:1000 to make anything work. I tried adding GUID/UUID to the docker template, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

clowrym,

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

I can't see how this is ideal. I've resorted to installing the MineOS Turnkey distro in a VM. I just use Filezilla to transfer files via SSH so I don't have to worry about permissions issues.

I really don't have a better answer. I don't do what your doing so I've never looked into it.

I thought maybe initially it was due to me trying to port my old MineOS server files to your MineOS-node Docker, the previous was user:group 1000:1000, so I set up Mineos-node on my second unraid server & had the same issues with files being owned by root & not being able to create servers until i chmod'd the files!

Been using your MineOS docker for a while now, and seems to work nicely.

One issue though is that the docker continually shows as having an update available, then pulls 0B of new data. Any idea what might be causing this? It's quite hard to tell if I'm on the latest version or not.

Trouble shooting another issue with one of my servers, I came accross this in the Docker log / diag. report:

time="2017-02-17T15:59:57.749546995-07:00" level=error msg="Handler for POST /images/create returned error: Error parsing reference: \"hexparrot/mineos:node-jessie:latest\" is not a valid repository/tag" 

Checking my main minecraft server, I have this error as well when I try and run the update

One issue though is that the docker continually shows as having an update available, then pulls 0B of new data. Any idea what might be causing this? It's quite hard to tell if I'm on the latest version or not.

Trouble shooting another issue with one of my servers, I came accross this in the Docker log / diag. report:

time="2017-02-17T15:59:57.749546995-07:00" level=error msg="Handler for POST /images/create returned error: Error parsing reference: \"hexparrot/mineos:node-jessie:latest\" is not a valid repository/tag" 

Checking my main minecraft server, I have this error as well when I try and run the update

I had a response from Hexparrot..... looks like the ":latest" could be the issue & I don't see where to make this change, as this is a little beyond what I have delved into with dockers, i could be wasting your time:

I'm not familiar with Unraid, but the error is referring to hexparrot/mineos:node-jessie:latest. The actual tag is hexparrot/mineos:node-jessie. Is there a means for you to adjust the tag it is trying to download

I had a response from Hexparrot..... looks like the ":latest" could be the issue & I don't see where to make this change, as this is a little beyond what I have delved into with dockers, i could be wasting your time:

I'm not familiar with Unraid, but the error is referring to hexparrot/mineos:node-jessie:latest. The actual tag is hexparrot/mineos:node-jessie. Is there a means for you to adjust the tag it is trying to download

See the attached screenshot. Just remove latest from the repository section.