[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

Hi all,

I'm having a little issue with my telegraf docker. All was running nice and smooth with all types of data being stored in influxdb. After a restart of the telegraf docker it stopped getting temps/fans from my motherboard. I have a supermicro board and I can get the stats using ipmitool. Now in the telegraf log i get:

2018-09-10T05:11:00Z E! Error in plugin [inputs.ipmi_sensor]: ipmitool not found: verify that ipmitool is installed and that ipmitool is in your PATH

I checked and ipmitool is still in /usr/bin/ and is executable. My google-fu suggested that the docker needs root access and I think it does. Like I said this all was working before. 

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back to answer my own question. Seems like I'm a boob and forgot what I did when I first setup this docker way back. I guess I updated this docker and looks like anything that is installed into the docker is lost :(

apk add --no-cache ipmitool

This is what is needed to install the ipmitool into the docker.

To the maintainer of this docker, is it possible to include this program in the base install?

12 minutes ago, Vexorg said:

I'm back to answer my own question. Seems like I'm a boob and forgot what I did when I first setup this docker way back. I guess I updated this docker and looks like anything that is installed into the docker is lost :(

apk add --no-cache ipmitool

This is what is needed to install the ipmitool into the docker.

To the maintainer of this docker, is it possible to include this program in the base install?

I don't maintain the docker image you'd have to go to the github page and raise an issue there. I just added the unrail xml template.

I tried installing it with no luck.

The following error happened:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='telegraf' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'HOST_PROC'='/rootfs/proc/' -e 'HOST_SYS'='/rootfs/sys/' -e 'HOST_ETC'='/rootfs/etc/' -e 'HOST_MOUNT_PREFIX'='/rootfs/' -v '/var/run/utmp':'/var/run/utmp':'ro' -v '/var/run/docker.sock':'/var/run/docker.sock':'ro' -v '/':'/rootfs':'ro' -v '/sys/':'/rootfs/sys':'ro' -v '/etc/':'/rootfs/etc':'ro' -v '/proc/':'/rootfs/proc':'ro' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf/':'/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/':'/appdata/':'rw' 'telegraf:alpine'

e61de4249ea43e396f7c28f26e28a357977118ad2e80763cafd8763d9fce51fd
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:348: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:402: container init caused "rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \"/mnt/user/appdata/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" to rootfs \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/bc257a35e85fcd9052cd8506e712ca66b6e3ef3c1d9a0eea3132ca5537ad630a\" at \"/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/bc257a35e85fcd9052cd8506e712ca66b6e3ef3c1d9a0eea3132ca5537ad630a/etc/telegraf/telegraf.conf\" caused \"not a directory\""": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type.

The command failed.

Any idea?

EDIT: Ah, the default container config looks like it tries to map to /etc/telegraf.conf instead of /etc/telegraf. Fixed it.

Edited by anethema
update

Hi guys I hope you are able to give me a hint on how the fix the following:

I used to have in grafana device = sde for example but that apparently changes on restarts so I thought OK no big deal I will change that to model = "insert type of HDD"

Unfortunately I use identical drives and it only shows the first portion of that unique model type so for my 3 drives I only have 1 hit if I go by model number.

is there a way to make this unique model number longer so it becomes unique?

I used this portion (see below) from the guide linked in this thread for usage which works perfectly.

How do you avoid changing drive names destroying your dashboard? -> Add this path to your Telegraf docker. Then edit your telegraf.conf and add device_tags = ["ID_SERIAL"] under [[inputs.diskio]]. Restart Telegraf and afterwards you can use the ID_SERIAL flag to access drives by serial number. If you're having issues, check out this thread on Github. Thanks for this to /u/sureguy.

• 1 month later...

I just updated MineOS-Node and have lost basically all functionality. I made a backup of my server files of course, but when it starts the container and I login to the WebUI neither of my servers show up. If I try creating a server it isn't added to the list either. Nothing meaningful in the logs:

USER_NAME not provided; defaulting to "mc"
Created user: mc (uid: 1000)
Generating Self-Signed SSL...
2018-11-05 23:19:20,989 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2018-11-05 23:19:20,989 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf" during parsing
2018-11-05 23:19:21,001 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2018-11-05 23:19:21,001 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2018-11-05 23:19:21,002 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2018-11-05 23:19:22,004 INFO spawned: 'mineos' with pid 32
2018-11-05 23:19:23,560 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2018-11-05 23:29:17,515 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2018-11-05 23:29:17,516 INFO waiting for mineos to die
2018-11-05 23:29:17,529 INFO stopped: mineos (terminated by SIGTERM)
USER_NAME not provided; defaulting to "mc"
mc already exists.
2018-11-05 23:29:23,087 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2018-11-05 23:29:23,087 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf" during parsing
2018-11-05 23:29:23,098 INFO RPC interface 'supervisor' initialized
2018-11-05 23:29:23,098 CRIT Server 'unix_http_server' running without any HTTP authentication checking
2018-11-05 23:29:23,098 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2018-11-05 23:29:24,101 INFO spawned: 'mineos' with pid 11
2018-11-05 23:29:25,494 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Note that I initiated a restart of the docker in this log.

EDIT:
Deleting the server profiles from the servers folder, restarting the docker and then creating instances named for each server followed by copying the files back over and restarting the docker again has resolved this. Pretty ugly upgrade process but at least it works.

Edited by Xaero
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, atribe said:

I really have no idea how the magic works, all i know is if you have this container and the telegraf container running, then telegraf can access the hdd temps. Make sure you have  [[inputs.hddtemp]] uncommented in your telegraf.conf

Oh no I'm not trying to do that at all.

I want to pull it into Home Assistant running in another Docker.

I'm sure it's possible based on the description of the HDDTemp Docker, but don't spot any documentation on how to access it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, maybe its because im to tired or what. But i have installed all the dockers. And i can see in chronograf that telegraf is collection data. But im not getting any data on my made dashboard.

Just one of the test cased in the guide. 

SELECT mean("free") FROM "telegraf"."disk" WHERE ("path" = '/rootfs/mnt/user') AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(null)

where did i go wrong? im sure its a newbie and easy but im not seeing it :-)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 2:36 AM, orlando500 said:

Hi, maybe its because im to tired or what. But i have installed all the dockers. And i can see in chronograf that telegraf is collection data. But im not getting any data on my made dashboard.

Just one of the test cased in the guide. 

SELECT mean("free") FROM "telegraf"."disk" WHERE ("path" = '/rootfs/mnt/user') AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(null)

where did i go wrong? im sure its a newbie and easy but im not seeing it :-)

Did you ever get this resolved? Looking at my own graphs:

SELECT distinct("free") FROM "disk" WHERE ("path" = '/rootfs/mnt/cache') AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(null)

Also another thing to note, I believe /rootfs/mnt/user is a virtual link to a directory that resides on the disks rather than a physical directory. You'd have to select the individual physical drives.

27 minutes ago, ppunraid said:

@atribe, I was looking for a speedtest docker that feeds into grafana and ran into a repo that you had created on github. I was wondering if you could build the xml file for unraid? 

Thanks!

I guess I could, you'd have to copy down the config.ini file manually. I'll probably try it tonight.

As a side note, i set the frequency of tests too high (like every 5 minutes) and it used up my 1 TB of data that Comcast allotted me. One of two free overages down the drain, oops.

20 minutes ago, ppunraid said:

Did you ever get this resolved? Looking at my own graphs:

SELECT distinct("free") FROM "disk" WHERE ("path" = '/rootfs/mnt/cache') AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval) fill(null)

Also another thing to note, I believe /rootfs/mnt/user is a virtual link to a directory that resides on the disks rather than a physical directory. You'd have to select the individual physical drives.

nope i dont have a solution to this yet... has been bugging me. ill try again this weekend.

11 hours ago, atribe said:

I guess I could, you'd have to copy down the config.ini file manually. I'll probably try it tonight.

As a side note, i set the frequency of tests too high (like every 5 minutes) and it used up my 1 TB of data that Comcast allotted me. One of two free overages down the drain, oops.

@ppunraid try out the docker xml https://github.com/atribe/unRAID-docker. It should be available on the Community Apps soonish.

11 hours ago, orlando500 said:

nope i dont have a solution to this yet... has been bugging me. ill try again this weekend.

Do you have things on different servers? I had an issues where the times on the different servers were out of sync and the data wouldn't show up.

53 minutes ago, atribe said:

@ppunraid try out the docker xml https://github.com/atribe/unRAID-docker. It should be available on the Community Apps soonish.

THIS IS AWSOME!!!!

After some user error I was able to get this to work easily.

Also if you have a specific speedtest server you want to use, you can get the id field here:

http://c.speedtest.net/speedtest-servers-static.php

Thanks so much for this!

1 hour ago, atribe said:

Do you have things on different servers? I had an issues where the times on the different servers were out of sync and the data wouldn't show up.

Also another thing to throw out there is if you restart your dockers, you may get different internal IP address. It's annoying and I haven't looked into how to make them static yet.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:48 AM, atribe said:

same server. I didnt get it to work so im installing everything again and try to check every step to make sure i have done it all correctly

I'm having some troubles with the influxdb container. Not sure if it's docker related or if it's in the actual software.

I can create a new influxdb container just fine, everything starts up and I can for example create a new database using the command line `influx` followed with `create database whatever`.

After doing this however, no external requests come through. (I get read timeouts and the log shows 500 errors) and upon restarting the container the influxdb service is stuck at the following

ts=2019-01-03T10:41:37.540767Z lvl=info msg="Open store (start)" log_id=0Clpi4cl000 service=store trace_id=0Clpi510000 op_name=tsdb_open op_event=start

I had this working a couple of weeks ago, this happened the last few days. I tried a couple of different tags down to version 1.6 but still the same. 

Solved: It turns out this docker container does not work when the Unraid Global Share Setting Tunable (enable Direct IO) is set to True, I set it back to Auto and everything works as expected.

Edited by project6
  • 2 weeks later...