[Support] for atribe's repo Docker images

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 6:48 PM, atribe said:

The problem is that the current program is hard coded to some outputs from apcupsd. Your ups doesn't have the battery voltage output, so it is breaking. Your welcome to submit a PR to fix that problem to the github project https://github.com/atribe/apcupsd-influxdb-exporter. Its something I want to do, just don't have the time right now.

I took you up on that offer after running into a similar issue. Pull request sent.

On 2/26/2019 at 6:11 PM, DoomBot5 said:

I took you up on that offer after running into a similar issue. Pull request sent.

Thanks for the PR. I also just pushed a change to apcupsd-influx-exporter that doesn't hard code any outputs from apcupsd. This should handle all configurations now. It also adds a few more tags and cleans up the code in general.

Edited by atribe
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for some advice. Been using telegraf and influxdb to keep stats on my unraid server for around 10 months now. I've noticed that the CPU and Ram usage of have climbed quite a bit. 

image.thumb.png.0408127c3923d4a0abd0b1fd86cc7dfd.png

Is this kind of growth typical for just using telegraf on one server? Is there any kind of trimming or optimizing that should be done to keep the usage down? The entire db is only ~3gb.

After a couple of months of using Grafana, it just stopped opening. Here is the docker logs.

t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Starting Grafana" logger=server version=6.0.1 commit=0c44a04 branch=HEAD compiled=2019-03-06T09:21:49-0500
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config loaded from" logger=settings file=/usr/share/grafana/conf/defaults.ini
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config loaded from" logger=settings file=/etc/grafana/grafana.ini
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from command line" logger=settings arg="default.paths.data=/var/lib/grafana"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from command line" logger=settings arg="default.paths.logs=/var/log/grafana"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from command line" logger=settings arg="default.paths.plugins=/var/lib/grafana/plugins"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from command line" logger=settings arg="default.paths.provisioning=/etc/grafana/provisioning"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from command line" logger=settings arg="default.log.mode=console"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from Environment variable" logger=settings var="GF_PATHS_DATA=/var/lib/grafana"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from Environment variable" logger=settings var="GF_PATHS_LOGS=/var/log/grafana"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from Environment variable" logger=settings var="GF_PATHS_PLUGINS=/var/lib/grafana/plugins"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from Environment variable" logger=settings var="GF_PATHS_PROVISIONING=/etc/grafana/provisioning"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from Environment variable" logger=settings var="GF_SERVER_ROOT_URL=http://192.168.0.3:3000/"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Config overridden from Environment variable" logger=settings var="GF_SECURITY_ADMIN_PASSWORD=*********"
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Path Home" logger=settings path=/usr/share/grafana
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Path Data" logger=settings path=/var/lib/grafana
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Path Logs" logger=settings path=/var/log/grafana
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Path Plugins" logger=settings path=/var/lib/grafana/plugins
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Path Provisioning" logger=settings path=/etc/grafana/provisioning
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="App mode production" logger=settings
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Initializing HTTPServer" logger=server
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Initializing SqlStore" logger=server
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Connecting to DB" logger=sqlstore dbtype=sqlite3
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=info msg="Starting DB migration" logger=migrator
t=2019-03-14T08:38:01-0400 lvl=eror msg="Server shutdown" logger=server reason="Service init failed: Migration failed err: malformed database schema (alert_notification) - table `alert_notification` already exists"

If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks!

Edited by yellowcooln
  • 4 weeks later...

For those of you having issue with the whole "No default retention policy" blah blah

you just need to change the EMPTY varaible to "autogen"

Influxdb renamed it so the empty variable does not map correctly, just specify an actual retention policy or update the 

Container Variable: INFLUXDB_RETENTION_POLICY = autogen

in all your config files.

I have this strange issue with both the grafana and influxDB docker templates where Community Applications is convinced they're not installed but they are.  I've tried recreating them (deleting the xml files and docker container image information) and then redownloading them via community apps and reconfiguring them.  I keep my appdata in /mnt/cache/Docker/xxxxxxx which I know isn't standard, but this doesn't break any other docker container configurations.

Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy all, 

First off, thanks to atribe for putting this together.

So i've been running the graf/tele/influx combo happily for some time now.

I recently set up a custom domain/duckdns reverse proxy as per spaceinvaderone and everything works fine except Grafana which just throws 502 bad gateway nginx/1.14.2

I've seen a small number of queries but never a definitive answer.

If anyone can shed some light on this i'd be grateful.

These are fantastic!  Thanks!

I'm using the Speedtestforinfluxdb and getting some unusual results, though.  I have symmetrical gigabit fiber, and show Speedtests in the neighborhood of 800Mbps down, 4Mbps up.  I could maybe believe the down (though it's about 940 Mbps when tested manually), but the upstream seems straight wrong (also 940Mbps when tested manually).  I'm also seeing pings in the 25ms range ("0" to 2 ms is typical manually).

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?  I assume I've misconfigured something, but I'm not sure what.

[GENERAL]
Delay = 300

[INFLUXDB]
Address = <my_actual_ip_was_here>
Port = 8086
Database = speedtests
Username =
Password =
Verify_SSL = False

[SPEEDTEST]
# Leave blank to auto pick server
Server =

[LOGGING]
# Valid Options: critical, error, warning, info, debug
Level = info

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 3.19.18 PM.png

51 minutes ago, Gizmotoy said:

These are fantastic!  Thanks!

I'm using the Speedtestforinfluxdb and getting some unusual results, though.  I have symmetrical gigabit fiber, and show Speedtests in the neighborhood of 800Mbps down, 4Mbps up.  I could maybe believe the down (though it's about 940 Mbps when tested manually), but the upstream seems straight wrong (also 940Mbps when tested manually).  I'm also seeing pings in the 25ms range ("0" to 2 ms is typical manually).

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?  I assume I've misconfigured something, but I'm not sure what.

[GENERAL]
Delay = 300

[INFLUXDB]
Address = <my_actual_ip_was_here>
Port = 8086
Database = speedtests
Username =
Password =
Verify_SSL = False

[SPEEDTEST]
# Leave blank to auto pick server
Server =

[LOGGING]
# Valid Options: critical, error, warning, info, debug
Level = info

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 3.19.18 PM.png

I'd go to the github repo for this, he helps out and I think may have already fixed this issue.

https://github.com/barrycarey/Speedtest-for-InfluxDB-and-Grafana

I may need to pull his branch into mine so I can get the latest changes he has.

6 minutes ago, atribe said:

I'd go to the github repo for this, he helps out and I think may have already fixed this issue.

https://github.com/barrycarey/Speedtest-for-InfluxDB-and-Grafana

I may need to pull his branch into mine so I can get the latest changes he has.

Thanks for the insight.  I'm not super-knowledgable on underlying Docker stuff: can I just change the "Repository" field in my existing container?  Or is it more complex than that?

Edited by Gizmotoy
1 hour ago, Gizmotoy said:

Thanks for the insight.  I'm not super-knowledgable on underlying Docker stuff: can I just change the "Repository" field in my existing container?  Or is it more complex than that?

I made the docker container because the original creator hadn't made one. so no, there isn't a docker container for his repo.

1 minute ago, atribe said:

I made the docker container because the original creator hadn't made one. so no, there isn't a docker container for his repo.

There I just merged his latest into the mine. The docker container will auto build and be ready soon.

23 hours ago, atribe said:

There I just merged his latest into the mine. The docker container will auto build and be ready soon.

This is great, thank you.  The downstream measurements are now roughly inline with expectations.  Still can't figure out why the upstream is locked to 4Mbps, though, but at least the downstream works.

Edited by Gizmotoy
  • Upvote 1
On 5/12/2019 at 7:56 PM, Gizmotoy said:

This is great, thank you.  The downstream measurements are now roughly inline with expectations.  Still can't figure out why the upstream is locked to 4Mbps, though, but at least the downstream works.

I have the same issue on my end as well but around 3Mbps.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, cjlee89 said:

I have the same issue on my end as well but around 3Mbps.

I've tried everything at this point.  Bridged/Host/Static network modes and every optional parameter in `speedtest-cli`.  I installed it on my desktop machine on the same network, and it works there.  It just won't work in this docker container, for whatever reason.  It's not a measurement/reporting issue, either: stats from my network switch confirms that the throughput is actually very low upstream.  There's a large upstream burst right at the start of the test, then nothing, resulting in a low Mbps reading.  I'm not an expert, but it kind of seems like it's waiting for acknowledgement from the Speedtest server before sending more data, and that ACK never arrives.

The current results use HTTP.  There's a pull request outstanding for a socket-based option.  Maybe that'll help whenever it gets integrated back into master.

Edited by Gizmotoy
On 9/7/2016 at 11:00 PM, atribe said:

A how to guide would probably be a good idea. I'll see if I can come up with something soon.

I just started using the guide for Grafana, Telegraf, and Influx and everything seemed to go right but there are no datapoints coming up on the dashboard.  Is there a way to check if you are collecting data?

Hi guys

I am new to all this grafana stuff, so please help me out.

I am getting really high CPU spikes on my docker setup.

Look at below picture.

Selection_018.png.fe4fecbe7f6eb725b1df7f76f2a10105.png

Below is my settings

Selection_019.png.b753232a9ae3b8574d8f0b25b76a2810.png

Maybe i need to add som math.. or what do you think?

Edited by perhansen

Can't get the Minecraft server to properly run.

The log is filled with this error or variations of it:

[Server thread/ERROR]: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Now the server did show up in my Minecraft client (so broadcast works), but connecting to it failed as well.

Anything obvious I missed or should check?

Settings I used: mojang latest server build, imported worlds of various sizes from my local client (the goal is to make this server basically a 1-2 user environment so I have my Minecraft clients across different OS's or computers as "thin clients" and I won't have to deal with keeping my worlds in-sync anymore by hand. :) )

Edit: Okay, so I did some further Googling and as it turns out, adjusting the values for Xmx and Xms way above what the (apparently too old) tutorial I checked out suggested.

My values are now 4096MB for Xmx and 512MB for Xms. That fixed it for vanilla, mojang-build (latest) based servers. Glad I can now finally centralize my Minecraft experience and even facilitate any folks coming over to my house to play together. Good times!

Edited by Glassed Silver
Fixed it! :)
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to set up email alerts from Grafana but the settings page is read only.

There's a banner that states that the settings are defined in grafana.ini or custom.ini or set as ENV variables.

I've tried looking in the appdata folder for Grafana but I can't see either of the name files.

I've also tried setting up a variable in the docker edit page and restarting the app but it doesn't work.

How do I go about changing the settings for Grafana?

Thanks,

MineOS / forge / mod question.

generator-options={"profile"\:"rarecities"}

Does anyone know how to work around the \ being inserted in this server.properties upon start up? This is messing up a mod from properly running.  Obviously the : needs to be escaped but in doing so mod doesn't load the profile.

Seen this before?

Edited by repomanz
19 minutes ago, Saldash said:

I'd like to set up email alerts from Grafana but the settings page is read only.

There's a banner that states that the settings are defined in grafana.ini or custom.ini or set as ENV variables.

I've tried looking in the appdata folder for Grafana but I can't see either of the name files.

I've also tried setting up a variable in the docker edit page and restarting the app but it doesn't work.

How do I go about changing the settings for Grafana?

Thanks,

Use environment variables. See https://grafana.com/docs/installation/docker/