[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

22 hours ago, bucky2076 said:

i spoke to linuxservr.io about this. They said there is an issue between CA and Dockerman. Suggested a temporary fix is to edit manually the template, and put a flag in it like this.

<TemplateURL>false</TemplateURL>

I have not tried it yet... but it seems interesting.

I saw this answer on discord, but I have no idea where to edit the template.

12 minutes ago, GalacticSpines said:

I saw this answer on discord, but I have no idea where to edit the template.

The templates are stored on the usb key. Look around here.... and you will find the template.

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/

I will also give it a crack... and let you know...

what a shame its so screwed up. Sorry about that.

Working ok for me. I also made the xml change above, and seems fine at the moment.

You should be able to delete the image and the template which is a little tricky in unraid. Then download a new template and create the image. Just point the new template to your old config directory... that way you won't lose any data....

Don't forget to delete the template from the usb drive. That is done in the container create dialog. You select the template and press the little x to delete. That way when you start a new template it will download it from CA.

Do some googling to see specifcs on how this is done.

best of luck

On 2/9/2022 at 7:30 AM, GalacticSpines said:

I gave it a go, but no luck so I removed the container and deleted the user template.  Now I can't reinstall it, just doesn't run at all and also doesn't show up under my docker containers even though it does create a new user template.

Not sure if this helps at all.  This is all from memory.  Exact terms / options my not be 100% correct names or terms.

My TVH docker got totally screwed.  Ended up following all of the suggestions in the various posts here.  I.e. delete and remove everything associated with the docker container.  (I did NOT delete the config folder appdata/tvheadend).  Ended up with the container not starting and didn’t really get anywhere.  Then found the following.

When installing select advance mode in the template editor.  Changed the TEMPLATEYURL to false.  Removed /dev/dri option ? as I don’t offload.  There is also a cunning option here for optional cmd line options.  This needs to be removed as well.  It’s caught me out a couple of times.  All seems to be back to normal now and working.  The real got you is the optional bit.  When you look in the log file it just loops advising of the cmd line options. The field needs to be deleted / removed from the template.  Not just empty contents.

Dave

7 hours ago, Snoopy said:

Not sure if this helps at all.  This is all from memory.  Exact terms / options my not be 100% correct names or terms.

My TVH docker got totally screwed.  Ended up following all of the suggestions in the various posts here.  I.e. delete and remove everything associated with the docker container.  (I did NOT delete the config folder appdata/tvheadend).  Ended up with the container not starting and didn’t really get anywhere.  Then found the following.

When installing select advance mode in the template editor.  Changed the TEMPLATEYURL to false.  Removed /dev/dri option ? as I don’t offload.  There is also a cunning option here for optional cmd line options.  This needs to be removed as well.  It’s caught me out a couple of times.  All seems to be back to normal now and working.  The real got you is the optional bit.  When you look in the log file it just loops advising of the cmd line options. The field needs to be deleted / removed from the template.  Not just empty contents.

Dave

Thanks, I also thought that I was missing something, but I was aware of everything you mentioned.  I think I finally have figured out that I have a different issue because I tried installing another docker app and the same thing, no installation of the app, no error messages.  So I guess I'll have to go digging somewere else.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, alturismo said:

as its working fine here at least ... i would take a look at the variables from the docker if you filles them properly

a common fail, RUN OPTS HERE ... if you dont have any special options, clear it out, just as sample

I did clear and or removed and updated template before posting.

Update:
Once I created account in TVheadend, it seem to start automatically.

• 3 months later...

Hello together

I use TvHeadend as backend and Plex as frontend.
Currently I have to use xteve or antennas for Plex to find my DVBs channels.

However, there is a patch in the latest unstable version of TvHeadend that allows Plex to access the channels directly via SAT>IP.
https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/46764

The option for "Drop "src=" parameter" has been added.
https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/tree/master/src/satip
rtsp.c Always parse 'src' in RTSP requests

Would it be possible to get a version of this as a Unraid Docker image?
That would simplify a lot of things in Plex.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 7:33 PM, OrdinaryButt said:

Once I created account in TVheadend, it seem to start automatically.

Does this mean you started tvheadend manually by logging into the console. Went to the web front end and created a user there? Or something else?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have read through the posts about tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite and think I may have a duplicate issue. I am trying to run the --manage-lineups for this grabber and fails with the error message below when also using debug mode.

"Can't connect to json.schedulesdirect.org:443 (Try again)\n\nTry again at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, <STDIN> line 2.\n"

Is this related or the same as the issue found here:

I know that my password and SD are working because it worked when I installed XMLTV on an Ubuntu install.

Any help on getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, saarg said:

Are you saying you are installing the drierfor the dvb adapter yourself and it's not using the VB plugin?

What does the permissions look like in the container now?

I documented how to make the sundtek tuners work with linuxserver.io/tvheadend

Hello all first time Unraid user, trying my best to figure this out before my trail to determine if I want to buy or not. But I am having an issue of pulling in the xmltv.xml from my iptv provider file into tvheadend.

I have attempted the following things to get this to work:

1.I have attempted to run the xmltv.sock method but the sock method does not work in Unraid with the socat command....

2.I have attempted to run the "docker exec -it -u abc tvheadend /usr/bin/tv_grab_file --configure" command from the official documentation in terminal, before i enable the tv_grab_file moduel in the web UI but i get the following error:

/usr/bin/tv_grab_file: illegal option -- -
unknown option: -
Usage: tv_grab_file: [--description] [--version] [--capabilities] 

3. I downloaded configured and made excutable the simple file grabber from here: https://github.com/b-jesch/tv_grab_file then adjusted the xmltv.xml file to found in the following locations:

/mnt/disk1/Xbox_stuff/xmltv.xml= (xbox_stuff is just a radom file location in my raid disk)

/config/xmltv.xml

config/data/xmltv.xml

/mnt/user/appdata/tvheadend/xmltv.xml

mnt/user/appdata/tvheadend/data/xmltv.xml

Does not matter where i put the file .xml or name it to guide.xml, i get the following error below, in the tvheadendlog

2022-11-06 13:13:58.087 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /usr/bin/tv_grab_file

2022-11-06 13:13:58.091 spawn: Executing "/usr/bin/tv_grab_file"

2022-11-06 13:13:58.110 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: no output detected

2022-11-06 13:13:58.110 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: grab returned no data

I have access to all my channels and can watch live tv with no problems, but i cant view the epg guide no matter what i try. I have spent hours googling around, but with unraid and docker, the documentation is sparse.

With the .sock method and the simple grab method not working. I dont know how to pull in the info.

any help or point to a newbie guide for this would be much helpful, im stuck.

6 hours ago, Mrtj18 said:

any help or point to a newbie guide for this would be much helpful, im stuck.

your best place to look for would be

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards

but may some  infos, xml from whatever providers may not be very compatible ... so you could use something like xteve just to build your epg and make it "standard" so tvh could read it

as easy test if its working or not, activated file grabber

image.thumb.png.393f302b2bcf78573ed76b03ea29fe09.png

expecting a file here

image.png.04b9072b9a0ebcaba085cbf39bf26f87.png

then u should trigger the internal EPG loader manually

image.png.148d98f262bb2901ab87c64844182aaf.png

and look at the logs ...

• Like 1
12 hours ago, alturismo said:

your best place to look for would be

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards

but may some  infos, xml from whatever providers may not be very compatible ... so you could use something like xteve just to build your epg and make it "standard" so tvh could read it

as easy test if its working or not, activated file grabber

image.thumb.png.393f302b2bcf78573ed76b03ea29fe09.png

expecting a file here

image.png.04b9072b9a0ebcaba085cbf39bf26f87.png

then u should trigger the internal EPG loader manually

image.png.148d98f262bb2901ab87c64844182aaf.png

and look at the logs ...

What's odd, is the same xmltv file will work with the snap version of tvheadend through Ubuntu and also the through RPI is version as well. I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, I'm just not sure what it maybe. But I will give your link and screenshots some research.

Edited by Mrtj18

Figured it out!!!!

If anyone is having trouble pulling in TV guide info from they iptv provider try the following method...

1. Grab the simple file grabber from this site if it's already not on your system.

https://github.com/b-jesch/tv_grab_file

follow the steps listed. So in summary you will need to cd into your unraid system's /usr/bin directory, wget the file, then make the file executable.

2. I created a data folder in the TV headend directory. 

/mnt/user/appdata/tvheadend/data/

3. Place your xmltv guide in the data folder I renamed mine guide.xml

4.sudo nano into the TV_grab_file that's in the /user/bin directory

5. Close to the top of the file you should see something that looks like this

flag=

if (( $# < 1 ))
then
  exit 0

Go to the "then" line hit enter to create a gap between the then and exit 0 line. Then type cat your/directory/to/xml file.

So in my example it looks like this after the edit.

flag=

if (( $# < 1 ))
then
cat /mnt/user/appdata/tvheadend/data/guide.xml
  exit 0

Save and exit.

6. Go back to tvheadend go to the epg grabber modules, make sure you have enable the XMLTV: XML file grabber.

7. leave the extra parameters blank.

8. rerun the internal EPG grabbers

9. Then you should see at the bottom of TVheadend if you expand the log in the bottom right hand corner something like this:

24-01-27 12:58:37.503 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: channels tot= 2936 new= 1 mod= 1423

2024-01-27 12:58:37.503 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: brands tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0

2024-01-27 12:58:37.503 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: seasons tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0

2024-01-27 12:58:37.503 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: episodes tot= 0 new= 0 mod= 0

2024-01-27 12:58:37.503 xmltv: /usr/bin/tv_grab_file: broadcasts tot=129368 new=119540 mod= 9532

This info should be filled with your epg data. your channels and such should should vary.

10. Profit! Lol

Extra: you will have to create a script to auto pull down the xml file from your iptv provider somewhere on your system. I had to use a url shortner from bitly because the iptv xml url was too long for my system. and place that file after you download it each day with step 5 location.

Edited by Mrtj18
update
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I constantly have to restart the tvheadend docker container when I want to watch TV.

When I simply try to tune a channel I usually get this:
image.png.ee7f2bb0b7b6c2f6c40f80639a34c2f8.png

tvheadend docker log when it doesn't work: https://pastebin.com/hU2e3rDc

After restarting the tvheadend docker container it works perfectly until a while has passed with no watching, and it will need a restart again.

tvheadend docker log while watching a stream: https://pastebin.com/B4GUSPyS

DVB Driver Plugin:
image.thumb.png.cbb1c3054d7699b3bbcd5c721f16be3e.png

Container edit page:
image.thumb.png.f09f6912d1d19c11db6faae5b1111150.png

My device is a Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD and I'm using antennas container to route tvheadend:
image.png.4a714fa623f5c2f625151e36034980bb.png

Please let me know if there is anymore information I can post to help solve this issue. It is a huge pain to deal with this on a daily basis.

Edited by JohanSF
On 4/6/2023 at 1:22 AM, JohanSF said:

I constantly have to restart the tvheadend docker container when I want to watch TV.

When I simply try to tune a channel I usually get this:
image.png.ee7f2bb0b7b6c2f6c40f80639a34c2f8.png

tvheadend docker log when it doesn't work: https://pastebin.com/hU2e3rDc

After restarting the tvheadend docker container it works perfectly until a while has passed with no watching, and it will need a restart again.

tvheadend docker log while watching a stream: https://pastebin.com/B4GUSPyS

DVB Driver Plugin:
image.thumb.png.cbb1c3054d7699b3bbcd5c721f16be3e.png

Container edit page:
image.thumb.png.f09f6912d1d19c11db6faae5b1111150.png

My device is a Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD and I'm using antennas container to route tvheadend:
image.png.4a714fa623f5c2f625151e36034980bb.png

Please let me know if there is anymore information I can post to help solve this issue. It is a huge pain to deal with this on a daily basis.

Im not sure this would help but in my situation, any time I rest my tvheadend docker I will need to rest my router, and vice versa. Or I would get massive buffering issues.

The only way I can do days or weeks without having to go through with this, is to try my best to NOT rest my router. Of I don't rest my router constantly, tvheadend will play just fine

I would be interested to see how these adapters are configured inside tvheadend.

Seems like a networking problem (DNS, DHCP) or something similar. Also how the users are configured too... 

I use hdhomerun... and never have to reboot or reset. Very solid.

Edited by bucky2076
16 hours ago, Mrtj18 said:

Im not sure this would help but in my situation, any time I rest my tvheadend docker I will need to rest my router, and vice versa. Or I would get massive buffering issues.

The only way I can do days or weeks without having to go through with this, is to try my best to NOT rest my router. Of I don't rest my router constantly, tvheadend will play just fine

I never reset my router or otherwise have trouble with that portion.

5 hours ago, bucky2076 said:

I would be interested to see how these adapters are configured inside tvheadend.

Seems like a networking problem (DNS, DHCP) or something similar. Also how the users are configured too... 

I use hdhomerun... and never have to reboot or reset. Very solid.

Here's the adapter configuration (status period marked cause I was googling and that might be of interest):
chrome_2023-04-06_08-45-13.thumb.png.c8248ee73a49c464a911392d3c421e4e.png

Stream profiles (don't know if the relevant one is selected here):

chrome_2023-04-06_08-37-19.thumb.png.b7c510ee47a9322797718fbfe935e231.png

User settings:
image.thumb.png.82b43a5ee1e2c6e01d5ebf7ebdb6b2ab.pngimage.thumb.png.bf9e4ca5568578d6ab21fbde15355b9c.pngimage.thumb.png.4a185dbe594d2161e6f4f846fabdb5d8.png