[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

Yes, I delete the plugin and install the dock directly

The DVB plugin and the tvheadend docker has nothing to do with each other, so I don't understand why you uninstalled the plugin. You need it for changing the permissions and updating unraid when a new version is released.

The DVB plugin and the tvheadend docker has nothing to do with each other, so I don't understand why you uninstalled the plugin. You need it for changing the permissions and updating unraid when a new version is released.

I use the "Community Applications" plugin and installed the applications with it, so I did not see need to have both.

The only thing I do to older ones is to download the drivers and replace them in the pendrive.

The plugin just install it to verify that it had the usb dvb-t drivers properly.

I use the "Community Applications" plugin and installed the applications with it, so I did not see need to have both.

The only thing I do to older ones is to download the drivers and replace them in the pendrive.

The plugin just install it to verify that it had the usb dvb-t drivers properly.

You can do what you want, but don't come asking for support if you are doing it your way.

The only supported method by linuxserver.io is to use the DVB plugin.

I'm having some issues with the sat>ip server in tvheadend, some clients can't find the server (clients that allow me to specify the port are working okay, e.g dvbviewer), I think it could be that it's not running on the default port, changing it to port 554 gives me this...

2017-02-23 22:22:43.161 satips: RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983

2017-02-23 22:22:43.161 satips: SAT>IP Server reinitialized

2017-02-23 22:22:43.161 satips:   HTTP 192.168.1.10:9981, RTSP 192.168.1.10:9983

17 minutes ago, unJim said:

I'm having some issues with the sat>ip server in tvheadend, some clients can't find the server (clients that allow me to specify the port are working okay, e.g dvbviewer), I think it could be that it's not running on the default port, changing it to port 554 gives me this...

2017-02-23 22:22:43.161 satips: RTSP port 554 specified but no root perms, using 9983

2017-02-23 22:22:43.161 satips:   HTTP 192.168.1.10:9981, RTSP 192.168.1.10:9983

Does it work if you add port 1900 to the container template?

Just now, saarg said:

So it works if you have it in host mode?

It works in host mode if I specify the port in the client, which I can do with DVBViewer, my dreambox on the other hand sees that it is available but won't tune anything (I can't specify the port on the dreambox), and watching the tvheadend logs shows it's not even trying.

In bridge mode (even with port 1900 set) it is invisible in the network.

16 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

AFAIK Mini-Satip requires you to run tvheadend in host mode.

Yeah, I have given minisatip a whirl too but have encountered other issues which is why I'm trying to get sat>ip working in tvheadend.

Looks like I might be right about the problem being the port;

http://docs.tvheadend.org/webui/config_misc/

RTSP Port : Select RTSP port (TCP) for realtime commands from SAT>IP clients. Usually (as defined in the specification) this port is 554. But as extension, Tvheadend can use any TCP port value (which is default 9983 for non-root users). But the SAT>IP client must allow to set this value (Tvheadend client will obtain the RTSP port number automatically using the XML description). If the RTSP port value is zero, the SAT>IP server functionality is not enabled.

Edited by unJim
bolding
4 hours ago, saarg said:

Did you change the port to 554 in the tvheadend settings? Configuration --> General -- SAT>IP Server

I did and it gives me this error and sets it back to 9983;

14 hours ago, unJim said:

Looks like it needs root permissions to use port 554.

Just now, unJim said:

I did and it gives me this error and sets it back to 9983;

Looks like it needs root permissions to use port 554.

It's not going to be run as root. 

Try switching to bridge mode and add a new port mapping with 9983 on the container side and 554 on the host side. 

4 minutes ago, saarg said:

It's not going to be run as root. 

Try switching to bridge mode and add a new port mapping with 9983 on the container side and 554 on the host side. 

Have already tried, didn't help. I think it needs to be run in host mode for multicast to work.

Edited by unJim
12 minutes ago, saarg said:

The same error or just doesn't work? 

You also need to map all the ports satip uses. I don't know which one. 

No error in tvheadend as it is running on port 9983, the error is related to getting it running on port 554, it just doesn't work.

I think satip needs multicast, which needs host mode, so I need to run it as root to use port 554.

The minisatip docker runs in host mode and uses port 554, is it running as root? how can I make tvheadend do it?

1 hour ago, unJim said:

No error in tvheadend as it is running on port 9983, the error is related to getting it running on port 554, it just doesn't work.

I think satip needs multicast, which needs host mode, so I need to run it as root to use port 554.

The minisatip docker runs in host mode and uses port 554, is it running as root? how can I make tvheadend do it?

I forgot it uses multicast. That is a no go in bridge mode. If I remember correctly, you might be able to get it working with macvlan. Google docker and multicast and you should find some info about it. 

Minisatip runs as root for some reason. 

You can set tvheadend to run as root if you remove s6-setuidgid abc in the /etc/services.d/tvheadend/run file in the container. 

This will be removed every time you update or edit the container template. 

You will also have the wrong permission on all recordings and files stored by Tvheadend. 

12 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

@unJim Sorry if you have already mentioned this, but what are you trying to achieve in the grand scheme of things? what kinda devices are you trying to get live tv on?

My setup is a bit more complex than the norm, I have a 90cm dish with 4 quattro LNB's connected to a 17x8 multiswitch, 1 output is connected to a dreambox (it only has a single tuner), it can be set up with 2 additional sat<ip based tuners for which I'd like to use tvheadend, I'd then be able to watch 1 channel and record 2 others. I would also like to set up a couple of kodi boxes using tvheadend as the PVR back end.

2 minutes ago, unJim said:

My setup is a bit more complex than the norm, I have a 90cm dish with 4 quattro LNB's connected to a 17x8 multiswitch, 1 output is connected to a dreambox (it only has a single tuner), it can be set up with 2 additional sat<ip based tuners for which I'd like to use tvheadend, I'd then be able to watch 1 channel and record 2 others. I would also like to set up a couple of kodi boxes using tvheadend as the PVR back end.

As far as I know there is an enigma2 Plugin to connect to tvheadend. This way you could record everything on tvheadend and still use your dreambox. 

10 minutes ago, saarg said:

I forgot it uses multicast. That is a no go in bridge mode. If I remember correctly, you might be able to get it working with macvlan. Google docker and multicast and you should find some info about it. 

Minisatip runs as root for some reason. 

You can set tvheadend to run as root if you remove s6-setuidgid abc in the /etc/services.d/tvheadend/run file in the container. 

This will be removed every time you update or edit the container template. 

You will also have the wrong permission on all recordings and files stored by Tvheadend. 

Thanks I'll give that a go, if I can get things working correctly with tvheadend running sat>ip on port 554 then I'll be one step closer to getting things working how I want :)

Just now, unJim said:

I think your best option would be to do the following and setup minisatip docker on your server (Make sure host networking is enabled). This should present your DVB-S card to the network as a satip device. Once you have done that, test your satip receivers (dreambox or even satip app on android for example) and if that works, I can help you on the next step :)

Just now, j0nnymoe said:

I think your best option would be to do the following and setup minisatip docker on your server (Make sure host networking is enabled). This should present your DVB-S card to the network as a satip device. Once you have done that, test your satip receivers (dreambox or even satip app on android for example) and if that works, I can help you on the next step :)

Tried that, it doesn't work with the dreambox for some reason, I don't know why as it works with everything else but the dreambox doesn't get the correct frequencies from minisatip (I'm thinking the DiSEqC commands aren't getting passed through) so I gave up on that idea :)