[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

ok, i tried a little bit. 

1. create the docker with recording mapping container path: /home/mike/Aufnahmen (like the path in ubuntu-tvheadend) and host path: /mnt/user/Aufnahmen/

2. copy all the files and folders from .hts in ubuntu to /mnt/cache/docker/tvheadend/ where my docker config is.

3. start docker and.....: no recordings, no configs. only 2 users are there, the stream profiles 2 times now and ok, the network and services are there.

Edited by himisk71
1 hour ago, saarg said:

Does the recordings show up in missing recordings tab? 

Do you use the latest version or the stable version? 

no recordings, not in the finished nor in the missing tab..

it is HTS Tvheadend 4.3-65~g016de1aae, so nearly the same i use in ubuntu.. (4.3-68~gce6f517)

its a little bit crazy, because some old configs are there (network, services, 1 user), some not (channels, recordings) and some now are double (streaming profiles..).

when i look in the recording config, there stand "/recordings/" as the recordingspath, in the old tvheadend "/home/mike/Aufnahmen"

1.PNG

9 minutes ago, himisk71 said:

it is HTS Tvheadend 4.3-65~g016de1aae, so nearly the same i use in ubuntu.. (4.3-68~gce6f517)

its a little bit crazy, because some old configs are there (network, services, 1 user), some not (channels, recordings) and some now are double (streaming profiles..).

when i look in the recording config, there stand "/recordings/" as the recordingspath, in the old tvheadend "/home/mike/Aufnahmen"

Don't change the container side path for volume mountings in that way

You can change the ownership on the host side but the path /home/mike in the container will be owned by root and have no permissions passed to subdirectories 

On 19.5.2017 at 1:20 PM, himisk71 said:

1.PNG

As @sparklyballs says, permissions will be wrong using /mnt/user/Aufnahmen as the container path. I just tested with tvheadend to see if it cared about the full path of the recording or just the current set recording path and it looks for the full path. So that means you will not really be able to import the old recordings to the container.

Is there a reason you want to have the recordings in tvheadend? I always move them into my TV Show share. Then I have much easier access in kodi to the show

24 minutes ago, saarg said:

Is there a reason you want to have the recordings in tvheadend? I always move them into my TV Show share. Then I have much easier access in kodi to the show

so you mean record inside the container and then move (with mover?) the records to another share?

if i would have all (epg-)information when i transfer the records to another share, i should have no problem to do that this way.. but i think i dont have, or?

i dont have only kodi, as clients i have tvhclient and emby too.

53 minutes ago, himisk71 said:

so you mean record inside the container and then move (with mover?) the records to another share?

if i would have all (epg-)information when i transfer the records to another share, i should have no problem to do that this way.. but i think i dont have, or?

i dont have only kodi, as clients i have tvhclient and emby too.

This means to move them either with a script or manually to another share. You will then use the info from the scraper in kodi/emby to get metadata for the TV show.

There is nothing we can do about how tvheadend works, so it would be better to ask in the tvheadend forum if it's possible to get back the recordings if the recording path have changed. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not have the unRAID DVB Edition installed as the first page on that thread says hdhomerun tuners will work without this special unraid version installed.

I am using an hdhomerun tuner but my tvheadend docker will only find the dvb-c tuners, no dvb-t tuners are listed.

Whereas using tvheadend from my libreelec vm all tuners are found and working correctly.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Mylo75 said:

I do not have the unRAID DVB Edition installed as the first page on that thread says hdhomerun tuners will work without this special unraid version installed.

I am using an hdhomerun tuner but my tvheadend docker will only find the dvb-c tuners, no dvb-t tuners are listed.

Whereas using tvheadend from my libreelec vm all tuners are found and working correctly.

Any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks.

I have almost no knowledge of the hdhomerun, but since it sees it I guess you already run the container in host mode? 

Have you tried both the stable and latest version of tvheadend? 

4 hours ago, saarg said:

I have almost no knowledge of the hdhomerun, but since it sees it I guess you already run the container in host mode? 

Have you tried both the stable and latest version of tvheadend? 

Yea I have tried all 3 options when installing linuxserver tvheadend docker, but always end up with the same result no DVB-T tuners found. Very strange.

12 minutes ago, Mylo75 said:

Yes, completely deleted all previous versions and files of previous installs. Even threw in a system reboot for good measure.

Maybe I should try the unRAID DVB Edition?

There is no point in installing the dvb plugin as the hdhomerun is not seen as a dvb device.

Which device do you have and is it both dvb-t and dvb-c or only dvb-t?

I have no idea why you don't see the dvb-t.  Might be better to ask in the tvheadend forum or search google for some answers.

Edited by saarg
2 hours ago, saarg said:

There is no point in installing the dvb plugin as the hdhomerun is not seen as a dvb device.

I have no idea why you don't see the dvb-t.  Might be better to ask in the tvheadend forum or search google for some answers.

After much googling solution discovered

https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/24870?r=24877#message-24877

This might be good info to put somewhere for future users to see.

8 minutes ago, Mylo75 said:

After much googling solution discovered

https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/24870?r=24877#message-24877

This might be good info to put somewhere for future users to see.

So you want us to keep track of all quirks in configuration for all different devices? The information is already on the internet and a quick search led you to it. We do provide very basic information in our github repo for our containers, but it's the users responsibility to configure the software and we do expect users to do a little research before asking for help. We are volunteers and have a life on that comes first.

2 hours ago, saarg said:

So you want us to keep track of all quirks in configuration for all different devices? The information is already on the internet and a quick search led you to it. We do provide very basic information in our github repo for our containers, but it's the users responsibility to configure the software and we do expect users to do a little research before asking for help. We are volunteers and have a life on that comes first.

Just trying to help by suggesting to put this important info somewhere as to stop lots of future questions and time wasting as hdhomerun and tvheadend  are popular dockers  in unraid.  Buy hey I'm no community developer so what would I know!

Thanks for the help BTW.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Forum---  I was hoping someone could point me in the proper direction for instructions on how to configure the comskip cfg file.  I have the skip ads check box selected under the "record" configuration tab, but it's not working.  I figured there must be more to the set-up.

Thanks, in advance for any assistance! 

45 minutes ago, cpthook said:

Hello Forum---  I was hoping someone could point me in the proper direction for instructions on how to configure the comskip cfg file.  I have the skip ads check box selected under the "record" configuration tab, but it's not working.  I figured there must be more to the set-up.

Thanks, in advance for any assistance! 

It's all explained in the readme: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/tvheadend/

14 hours ago, j0nnymoe said:

It's all explained in the readme: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/tvheadend/

My fault, I sure missed that.  Thanks a bunch!! 

I'm also finding that I cannot stream multiple OTA channels from the same mux (e.g.,195.028MHz).  Although I have 4 tuners configured with TVHeadend; If I start a stream from channel-4 on one client it will play just fine.  But if I begin a stream from channel-5 on the same mux, from a separate client, the stream will only play audio and TVHeadend stream status does not detect a second tuner being used.  I cannot replicate this issue when connecting to my HDHR backend, streams play just fine so I'm hoping it's a simple setting modification I've missed.   

Is anyone else having this problem? I captured some log info during the time I launched the channel streams. Note the log entry when the second client tries to access a channel from the same mux.  The second client is trying to use the same tuner to connect instead of one of the other three.

2017-06-24 07:28:03.443 http: 192.168.1.247: using ticket 93BDEA41520205BA784A7AFB01882B286117BEF1 for /stream/channel/5ccf84d6695240996b12044358343d43

2017-06-24 07:28:03.443 mpegts: 195.028MHz in ATSC-T Network - tuning on HDHomeRun ATSC-T Tuner #0 (192.168.1.23)

2017-06-24 07:28:03.443 tvhdhomerun: tuning to auto:195028615

2017-06-24 07:28:03.566 subscription: 0031: "HTTP" subscribing on channel "WSMV Escape", weight: 100, adapter: "HDHomeRun ATSC-T Tuner #0 (192.168.1.23)", network: "ATSC-T Network", mux: "195.028MHz", service: "WSMV Escape", profile="pass", hostname="192.168.1.247", client="MPC-HC"

2017-06-24 07:28:04.744 TS: ATSC-T Network/195.028MHz/WSMV Escape: H264 @ #65 Continuity counter error (total 1)

2017-06-24 07:28:04.996 http: 192.168.1.247: using ticket 93BDEA41520205BA784A7AFB01882B286117BEF1 for /stream/channel/5ccf84d6695240996b12044358343d43

2017-06-24 07:28:04.996 subscription: 0032: "HTTP" subscribing on channel "WSMV Escape", weight: 100, adapter: "HDHomeRun ATSC-T Tuner #0 (192.168.1.23)", network: "ATSC-T Network", mux: "195.028MHz", service: "WSMV Escape", profile="pass", hostname="192.168.1.247", client="MPC-HC"

2017-06-24 07:28:05.034 subscription: 0031: "HTTP" unsubscribing from "WSMV Escape", hostname="192.168.1.247", client="MPC-HC"

2017-06-24 07:28:05.037 subscription: 0032: "HTTP" unsubscribing from "WSMV Escape", hostname="192.168.1.247", client="MPC-HC"

2017-06-24 07:28:05.149 http: 192.168.1.247: using ticket 93BDEA41520205BA784A7AFB01882B286117BEF1 for /stream/channel/5ccf84d6695240996b12044358343d43

2017-06-24 07:28:05.149 mpegts: 195.028MHz in ATSC-T Network - tuning on HDHomeRun ATSC-T Tuner #0 (192.168.1.23)

2017-06-24 07:28:05.149 tvhdhomerun: tuning to auto:195028615

2017-06-24 07:28:05.506 subscription: 0033: "HTTP" subscribing on channel "WSMV Escape", weight: 100, adapter: "HDHomeRun ATSC-T Tuner #0 (192.168.1.23)", network: "ATSC-T Network", mux: "195.028MHz", service: "WSMV Escape", profile="pass", hostname="192.168.1.247", client="Lavf/57.59.100"

2017-06-24 07:28:54.278 subscription: 0034: "192.168.1.85 [  | Kodi Media Center ]" subscribing on channel "WSMV Cozi", weight: 150, adapter: "HDHomeRun ATSC-T Tuner #0 (192.168.1.23)", network: "ATSC-T Network", mux: "195.028MHz", service: "WSMV Cozi", profile="htsp", hostname="192.168.1.85", username="192.168.1.85", client="Kodi Media Center"

2017-06-24 07:29:41.234 subscription: 0034: "192.168.1.85 [  | Kodi Media Center ]" unsubscribing from "WSMV Cozi", hostname="192.168.1.85", username="192.168.1.85", client="Kodi Media Center"

Edited by cpthook
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 5:05 PM, j0nnymoe said:

I modified a comcut.sh script found on the net and use it as the postprocessor to remove the commercials using comskip edl. Still a work in progress but very interesting to play with.  Let me know if you make enhancements.

p.s. made a few changes to the comskip.ini as I was losing the end of some programs.

comcut.sh

comskip.ini

1 hour ago, pepper said:

I modified a comcut.sh script found on the net and use it as the postprocessor to remove the commercials using comskip edl. Still a work in progress but very interesting to play with.  Let me know if you make enhancements.

p.s. made a few changes to the comskip.ini as I was losing the end of some programs.

comcut.sh

comskip.ini

Interesting. Finally there are some cutting tools available for Linux.

The comskip INI file is just a default one we added and it's not really tuned. So we refers to the comskip page to tune it. 

On 03/07/2017 at 10:59 PM, pepper said:

comcut.sh

comskip.ini

I'm personally just use comskip to create a vdr file so that kodi knows where the adverts are and skips them.

Where are you based? wondering how well the comskip.ini will work on uk tv channels.

On 7/3/2017 at 3:59 PM, pepper said:

comcut.sh

comskip.ini

So did you add this to the docker?  If so wouldn't you need to add it back everytime the docker is updated?  I am also wanting to cut commercials but struggling to find something similar to MCEBuddy that will do it.