[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

On 7/5/2017 at 11:47 AM, j0nnymoe said:

I'm personally just use comskip to create a vdr file so that kodi knows where the adverts are and skips them.

Where are you based? wondering how well the comskip.ini will work on uk tv channels.

U.S. -- I was trying to actually strip the commercials out to make a smaller file,   Plex didn't seem to honor the vdr file.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, TheClaus said:

So did you add this to the docker?  If so wouldn't you need to add it back everytime the docker is updated?  I am also wanting to cut commercials but struggling to find something similar to MCEBuddy that will do it.  

Create the comcut file in your appdata folder for tvheadend and the add the path in the post-process field in the recordings settings. Should be /config/comcut.sh if you put it in the root of the tvheadend appdata. Thinking of it, might be cleaner to add it in the comskip folder.

Both the setting and the script is in the appdata, so you will not loose it on a container update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been using this Docker for a while, and as an absolute linux and Docker noob, it is flawless, however i'm having one issue with it. 

When using the internal XMLTV grabber, the grabbing starts over and over again. It does not follow the entered Cron statement(Standard)

# Default config (00:04 and 12:04 everyday)
4 */12 * * *

Whenever it has finished downloading, it restarts right away, but as i understand, it should only run at 0:04 and at 12:04

Please advise

br,

Thomas

8 minutes ago, Thomas_K said:

Hi,

I've been using this Docker for a while, and as an absolute linux and Docker noob, it is flawless, however i'm having one issue with it. 

When using the internal XMLTV grabber, the grabbing starts over and over again. It does not follow the entered Cron statement(Standard)

# Default config (00:04 and 12:04 everyday)
4 */12 * * *

Whenever it has finished downloading, it restarts right away, but as i understand, it should only run at 0:04 and at 12:04

Please advise

br,

Thomas

Try changing it to another time and save it. It should work normally then. 

I have seen this here also, but nothing we can do about it as it's most likely a bug in tvheadend. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, as im running TVH behind my apache reverse proxy and it seems to be broken since update from 04th or 5th august (only working EPG window) i would like

to ask if there is a way to rollback to a "older" build ?

i guess TVH changed something with their http header ...

it works when i use IP:9981 (internal and external), but not when i use my reverse proxy anymore ... then only EPG windows ...

thanks ahead fo an tip.

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.892d9bfd2d9479df6eb9d854e0f36c0f.JPG

Edited by alturismo
18 minutes ago, alturismo said:

Hi, as im running TVH behind my apache reverse proxy and it seems to be broken since update from 04th or 5th august (only working EPG window) i would like

to ask if there is a way to rollback to a "older" build ?

i guess TVH changed something with their http header ...

it works when i use IP:9981 (internal and external), but not when i use my reverse proxy anymore ... then only EPG windows ...

thanks ahead fo an tip.

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.892d9bfd2d9479df6eb9d854e0f36c0f.JPG

yep, noticed the change as well. since then, safari (on macOS) also only shows the epg-tab – nothing else (and btw. it even takes firefox a second or two before it displays the other tabs). before that change, both browsers did show all tab instantly.

1 minute ago, s.Oliver said:

yep, noticed the change as well. since then, safari (on macOS) also only shows the epg-tab – nothing else (and btw. it even takes firefox a second or two before it displays the other tabs). before that change, both browsers did show all tab instantly.

true, the 1-2 sec. delay is also here when using IP directly ... reverse proxy as mentioned above ... chrome and IE.

what i also see is when keeping the epg window open it refreshes every few seconds and .. may that helps figure out ...

2017-08-19 11:10:40.046 [ ERROR] http: 192.168.1.2: HTTP/1.1 GET /comet/ws -- 415
2017-08-19 11:10:44.992 [ ERROR] http: 192.168.1.2: HTTP/1.1 GET /comet/ws -- 415
2017-08-19 11:10:51.233 [ ERROR] http: 192.168.1.2: HTTP/1.1 GET /comet/ws -- 415

2 minutes ago, alturismo said:

true, the 1-2 sec. delay is also here when using IP directly ... reverse proxy as mentioned above ... chrome and IE.

what i also see is when keeping the epg window open it refreshes every few seconds and .. may that helps figure out ...

2017-08-19 11:10:40.046 [ ERROR] http: 192.168.1.2: HTTP/1.1 GET /comet/ws -- 415
2017-08-19 11:10:44.992 [ ERROR] http: 192.168.1.2: HTTP/1.1 GET /comet/ws -- 415
2017-08-19 11:10:51.233 [ ERROR] http: 192.168.1.2: HTTP/1.1 GET /comet/ws -- 415

ah, right – forgot that bug. safari shows this too – constantly reloading (and only showing the epg-tab); never completes and so can't use it. now i need to use a second browser (only for tvh). oh well...

46 minutes ago, alturismo said:

thanks alot, changed to stable branch and all is good ;)

didnt noticed tags to choose ... my fault ;)

I almost said RTFM, but now I don't have to :D

You do get the choice to choose branch when installing through CA, but no choice when it's already installed. Then you have to add the tag yourself.

The release-4.2 will get whatever the latest stable for 4.2 is.

32 minutes ago, saarg said:

I almost said RTFM, but now I don't have to :D

You do get the choice to choose branch when installing through CA, but no choice when it's already installed. Then you have to add the tag yourself.

The release-4.2 will get whatever the latest stable for 4.2 is.

RTFM ...it would have been the right answer ... i know ;) 

and i ve choosen 4.2 and its perfect as before, thanks again.

Have a good weekend

Hi, 

I have a little Problem with this docker app.

I am trying to look the Recordings over the Kodi tvheadend addon, but i can't see an Recording. The Display is empty. Everything else works correct. I can see Live TV over the Addon. When i go over Windows an tha Samba share there is the recording an i can play them with a player.

Do you have any idea what i can do to play the recordings over the kodi tvheadend addon?

Thanks.

Have you configured recordings within tvh?

EDIT: OK there are recordings on a smb share. Are they recordings made by this instance of TVH. If you install with NEW appdata you do lose access to existing recordings. May not be the case here but just be worth clarifying.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Have you configured recordings within tvh?

EDIT: OK there are recordings on a smb share. Are they recordings made by this instance of TVH. If you install with NEW appdata you do lose access to existing recordings. May not be the case here but just be worth clarifying.

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes the recordings are from the new tvheadend instance. There are no old recordings in the folder. 

2 minutes ago, Crüx said:

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes the recordings are from the new tvheadend instance. There are no old recordings in the folder. 

Could you try the release-4.2 branch of TVH? I believe there is a bug in the latest versions of TVH that stop's clients from seeing the recordings.

@j0nnymoe

I think you are right. I've found a thread in a german forum about this topic. There is a problem with the tvheadend 4.3 and Kodi Krypton (PVR.HTS).

so can someone tell me how I can install an older version of this docker? 

Edited by Crüx
9 hours ago, Crüx said:

@j0nnymoe

I think you are right. I've found a thread in a german forum about this topic. There is a problem with the tvheadend 4.3 and Kodi Krypton (PVR.HTS).

so can someone tell me how I can install an older version of this docker? 

Read the Readme linked in the first post and it should be clear :)

56 minutes ago, Crüx said:

Ok Thanks, it works.

But I have one question about this. Now in the unraid webui it shows me an possible update for this docker. What is happpening when i make this update. Get I 4.3 or is this an update for 4.2?

If you use a specific tag you will not get any updates, unless we push an update for security issues or bugs (not tvheadend bugs). 

Impossible for me to say which tag you used, so can't really comment on why there is an update. 

ok, want to chime in, because of different 4.3.x troubles i cope with.

i also will revert back to the 4.2 branch, but with a 'small' twist. i will keep my old installation, because of all the recordings done – i need to be able to search, sort and delete them (i guess still no one has overcome the problem of keeping/adjusting old recordings into a new installation of TVH – and maybe it isn't really possible at all; only read a few lines about it).

so when i'll install a second docker for TVH i'll have to set manually the tag 'release-4.2'. i would guess this will provide updates into the 4.2.x release as they (if ever) come. also i would think it will then update to the 4.2.1, right? i wouldn't want to set it to 4.2.1 straight and then maybe a few months from now a 4.2.2 will be released.

but because my installation doesn't show any tag field (it's current 4.3.x) i would need to guess how this field must be called to serve as version tag field.

saarg: could you just please give a straight simple line how it is called?

thx. alot.

If you read the Readme in the github link in the first post it's explained how the tag is added and looks.

Release-4.2 tag will get the latest of what is released by tvheadend in their 4.2 branch when our image is refreshed every friday night UK time.

6 minutes ago, saarg said:

If you read the Readme in the github link in the first post it's explained how the tag is added and looks.

Release-4.2 tag will get the latest of what is released by tvheadend in their 4.2 branch when our image is refreshed every friday night UK time.

well, i read it, buy maybe i'm a little bit dumb here to understand the exact definition (wanted to make it a one time right setup, without much trial and error ;-)

because of unRAID usage here, i would guess i need to add a custom variable while creating a new docker, right?

if so, and i interpret a bit here, i could imagine it has to look like this:

Name: my own name for it

Key: linuxserver/tvheadend

Value: release-4.2

Default Value: (can/must be empty?)

if this is correct, then halleluja... 

please correct if wrong, else i can imagine, it helps quite a few people to see it simply put here.

thx. as always :-)

You add it after linuxserver/tvheadend in the template as it is showed in the github link ;-) So yes, you are wrong.

A new install of the tvheadend container would have a pop-up to choose branch, but since you have one already I don't think you will get that, but @Squid will correct me if I'm wrong.