[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

6 minutes ago, RedXon said:

How can I add a local m3u file to TVheadend? If I try every combination with file:// it doesn't work, if I try absolute path, if I try mapped path, no matter what I try, it doesn't work unfortunately.

You need three forward slashes. And you need to add the file where it's accessible to the container. In the tvheadend appdata folder would be a good place. 

7 minutes ago, RedXon said:

How can I add a local m3u file to TVheadend? If I try every combination with file:// it doesn't work, if I try absolute path, if I try mapped path, no matter what I try, it doesn't work unfortunately.

Create a new folder in appdata/tvheadend called data

drop the m3u in there

Add Automatic IPTV network

address is file:///config/data/filename.m3u

Thank you, I did exactly that 

But unfortunately it does nothing, not when I hit Force Scan not on adding it, nothing. Anything else that could be wrong here? The file works in VLC and other apps. It also works if I enter the m3u url from where I got it, but it has over 10000 entries, so I edited it with only the ones I want. There should be about 200 in there...

For further clarification, I don't think there's a fault in the list, just in the way I put it in. I can for example load the list in Kodi with the Simple plugin included. It works fine but I unfortunately have no EPG there, that's what I try to do with Tvheadend. I hope that this can do that there.

image.png

image.png

Edited by RedXon

Newbie with this docker needing some help please.

I attempted to edit my working docker and add access to a share containing a script but it seems perhaps my idea to use this particular share was not a good one (/boot/custom/bin).

After hitting apply and seeing a failed startup I see now the docker no longer appears in the unRAID Docker Containers page Basic View.

Advanced view in the unRAID Docker page shows the below

(orphan image)

Image ID: f28ecf1b0581
  linuxserver/tvheadend:release-4.2

Might there be a relatively simple way to recover, a file I could edit or perhaps a restore of some kind from a daily backup I took using the CA Backup / Restore Appdata plugin?

Thanks for any help!
Edited by dabl
3 hours ago, nuhll said:

I dont get it. Since some days the adapter seems to be away (in tvheadend).

I use latest eleec unraid version. Didnt changed anything. If i ssh and look for /dev/dvb/ i can see adapter0... i added "device" pointing to /dev/dvb , like before, like i said, i didnt changed anything.

What else can i check?

unraid-server-diagnostics-20180620-1849.zip

Did you try to restart the server? 

4 minutes ago, dabl said:

Newbie with this docker needing some help please.

I attempted to edit my working docker and add access to a share containing a script but it seems perhaps my idea to use this particular share was not a good one (/boot/custom/bin).

After hitting apply and seeing a failed startup I see now the docker no longer appears in the unRAID Docker Containers page Basic View.

Advanced view in the unRAID Docker page shows the below

(orphan image)

Image ID: f28ecf1b0581
  linuxserver/tvheadend:release-4.2

Might there be a relatively simple way to recover, a file I could edit or perhaps a restore of some kind from a daily backup I took using the CA Backup / Restore Appdata plugin?

Thanks for any help!

If you got to CA and to previous apps, you could reinstall it. Might have to remove what you added if it's in the template. 

Save the script in the appdata folder of tvheadend instead. Then you don't need to add a new mapping and it will be owned by the abc user inside the container. 

1 minute ago, saarg said:

If you got to CA and to previous apps, you could reinstall it. Might have to remove what you added if it's in the template. 

Save the script in the appdata folder of tvheadend instead. Then you don't need to add a new mapping and it will be owned by the abc user inside the container. 

Thanks for the quick reply and info on how to do what I was trying the right way.

I've never done any kind of restore using the CA Backup / Restore Appdata plugin.  Looking at the manual it seems it's designed for a disaster and restoring everything.

How might I attempt to remove what I added in the template?

1 minute ago, dabl said:

Thanks for the quick reply and info on how to do what I was trying the right way.

I've never done any kind of restore using the CA Backup / Restore Appdata plugin.  Looking at the manual it seems it's designed for a disaster and restoring everything.

How might I attempt to remove what I added in the template?

You should have a remove button to the right of the volume mount you added. If the mount is not there, you don't have to remove it. 

8 minutes ago, saarg said:

You should have a remove button to the right of the volume mount you added. If the mount is not there, you don't have to remove it. 

Ok, thanks.

I may be a little confused on exactly what you mean when you say the volume mount I added and exactly where I should look for that.

Just to be clear, I edited the docker and choose Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device

Then in the Add Configuration dialog window I added the below

Config Type: Path

Container Path: Script 

Host Path: /boot/custom/bin

Looking at the file from the CA Backup / Restore Appdata plugin I see it's just a .tar and contains the entire tvheadend folder from  /mnt/user/appdata

I should be able to restore that easily enough (I think) but wonder how to handle the Docker template.

Would it make sense to try and re-install the docker using Community Applications and then restore my tvheadend folder from the backup?

2 minutes ago, dabl said:

Ok, thanks.

I may be a little confused on exactly what you mean when you say the volume mount I added and exactly where I should look for that.

Just to be clear, I edited the docker and choose Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device

Then in the Add Configuration dialog window I added the below

Config Type: Path

Container Path: Script 

Host Path: /boot/custom/bin

Looking at the file from the CA Backup / Restore Appdata plugin I see it's just a .tar and contains the entire tvheadend folder from  /mnt/user/appdata

I should be able to restore that easily enough (I think) but wonder how to handle the Docker template.

Would it make sense to try and re-install the docker using Community Applications and then restore my tvheadend folder from the backup?

You have not lost your appdata, it's just the container that was deleted. This is because when you change anything in the template, it needs to delete the old container first and then recreate it with whatever you added or removed. 

Since you added a path that somehow didn't work, it deleted the old one, but then failed to create it again. 

So if you don't see the path you added when you add tvheadend again from the previous apps in CA, you are good to go. No need to restore anything from CA backup. 

permissons can be wrong for the adapter? XD like i said, the latest RC eleec

root@Unraid-Server:~# ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
total 0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 1 Jun 20 18:22 demux0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 2 Jun 20 18:22 dvr0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 0 Jun 20 18:22 frontend0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3 Jun 20 18:22 net0

root@Unraid-Server:~# ls -l /dev/dvb/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Jun 20 18:22 adapter0/

Why do they change on their own!?

123.png

Edited by nuhll
1 hour ago, saarg said:

You have not lost your appdata, it's just the container that was deleted. This is because when you change anything in the template, it needs to delete the old container first and then recreate it with whatever you added or removed. 

Since you added a path that somehow didn't work, it deleted the old one, but then failed to create it again. 

So if you don't see the path you added when you add tvheadend again from the previous apps in CA, you are good to go. No need to restore anything from CA backup. 

Ah ok, now we're getting somewhere.

So the drill to recover from a broken container was to simply re-install using the the unRAID 'Apps' page.

Select the green 'Hamburger' icon, then 'Previous Apps', see tvheadend, click to install.

I did in fact see the 'bad' path I added before and simply used the 'Remove' button to get rid of it and hit 'Apply'.

Everything back to normal.  

Thanks for your help saarg, greatly appreciated!

2 hours ago, nuhll said:

permissons can be wrong for the adapter? XD like i said, the latest RC eleec

root@Unraid-Server:~# ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/
total 0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 1 Jun 20 18:22 demux0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 2 Jun 20 18:22 dvr0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 0 Jun 20 18:22 frontend0
crw-rw---- 1 root video 212, 3 Jun 20 18:22 net0

root@Unraid-Server:~# ls -l /dev/dvb/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Jun 20 18:22 adapter0/

Why do they change on their own!?

123.png

I don't know why it has changed. It's nothing to do with tvheadend though. 

Do a chmod -R 755 /dev/dvb and it should be fixed. 

On 6/21/2018 at 12:06 AM, saarg said:

Which unraid version are you on? Might be the permissions are wrong for the adapter. 

I guess problem is not solved, the rights were changed again. But how, from what? I noticed bc tvheadend stopped responding, then i restartet and adapter is again away.

Would change user change, chrown (?), maybe help? But to which user?

Edited by nuhll