[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

4 hours ago, nuhll said:

I guess problem is not solved, the rights were changed again. But how, from what? I noticed bc tvheadend stopped responding, then i restartet and adapter is again away.

Would change user change, chrown (?), maybe help? But to which user?

Do you use a USB dvb tuner? 

yes, i have usb adapter. Does that affect  it? I didnt had the problems in prevoius unraid versions... 

Could i use the user script plugin to change the rights every 1h or so? Whats the correct cmd? Or just 777?

Or can you call the "permission changes part" of the dvb plugin from outside?

Edited by nuhll
3 hours ago, nuhll said:

yes, i have usb adapter. Does that affect  it? I didnt had the problems in prevoius unraid versions... 

Could i use the user script plugin to change the rights every 1h or so? Whats the correct cmd? Or just 777?

Or can you call the "permission changes part" of the dvb plugin from outside?

Your adapter probably gets disconnected somehow. 

I haven't used the script plugin, but I guess you can schedule it there and just do a chmod -R 777 /dev/dvb

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Luc1fer said:

Thanks for a great docker.  I've got it working with my hdhomerun tuners.  I'm in Australia and wondering if anyone else has managed to get it working with the EPG from freepg.tv?

I found a guide (not for a docker install) here but I have no idea how to modify my docker:

https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/27686

Hi, I am also in Australia.  I used iceTV for my xml guide data with nextPVR, but I am also new to dockers and could not figure it out to add - it is all too hard for me, I posted a few questions but even the answers were above my pay grade!.  I am sort of starting to love the OTA guide again - at least my TV recordings start at the correct time now and end at the correct time.  I was having to pad out 30 minutes extra due to the TV networks changing times all over the place.  I just hope a l;ater version of tvheadend would allow a direct HTTP guide data feed like plex, emby and DVBLink , then no need for this grabber stuff.

1 hour ago, Luc1fer said:

Thanks for a great docker.  I've got it working with my hdhomerun tuners.  I'm in Australia and wondering if anyone else has managed to get it working with the EPG from freepg.tv?

I found a guide (not for a docker install) here but I have no idea how to modify my docker:

https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/27686

One more thing - When I tried freeepg a while back, channel 10 was just the same show repeated for 24 hours - a morning show.  Something wrong with the xml data I guess.  I could not figure it out - that is when I pulled the pin and went the paid for route with the IceTV guide data only - $4.95 / month.  I used the fuyll., IceTV service many  years ago with my beyonwiz recorders.  Its a pity the remote record stuff does not work with the modern computer based PVR's we have these days or I would jump right back in with their full subscription.  However, if you have a vpn back to your network (i reccomdn that - dont just open it up to the planet), then you can use the tvheadend iphone app and remote record etc that way.

3 hours ago, vw-kombi said:

One more thing - When I tried freeepg a while back, channel 10 was just the same show repeated for 24 hours - a morning show.  Something wrong with the xml data I guess.  I could not figure it out - that is when I pulled the pin and went the paid for route with the IceTV guide data only - $4.95 / month.  I used the fuyll., IceTV service many  years ago with my beyonwiz recorders.  Its a pity the remote record stuff does not work with the modern computer based PVR's we have these days or I would jump right back in with their full subscription.  However, if you have a vpn back to your network (i reccomdn that - dont just open it up to the planet), then you can use the tvheadend iphone app and remote record etc that way.

Thanks for that.  I will obviously need to look into the reliability of the EPG some more.  I'm fairly new to unRAID and have not yet got around to setting up a VPN into the server.  But it's on my list of things to do!

Just an update for anyone else that is wanting to get freepg.tv to work.

Thanks to CHBMB and saarg for their previous posts pointing me in the right direction of making a mount to the FILENAME (/config/temp/tv_grab_au in my case)

I started with the basic tv_grab_file already in the container, copied it to tv_grab_au and then changed the start of it to:

wget -O /config/temp/tv_grab_file.xmltv.gz COPY-AND-PAST-LINK-FROM-EMAIL-HERE
gunzip -f /config/temp/tv_grab_file.xmltv.gz

cat ~/temp/tv_grab_file.xmltv

the original guide I was following said to use:

wget -O /home/hts/.xmltv/tv_grab_file.gz COPY-AND-PAST-LINK-FROM-EMAIL-HERE
gunzip -f /home/hts/.xmltv/tv_grab_file.gz /home/hts/.xmltv/tv_grab_file.xmltv

But the gunzip line didn't work for me (it seems others had this issue as well), so I changed it slightly.

As the previous guide that I linked explained it's important to escape some of your freepg link.  I found I needed '?' '=' '&'

eg: http://au.freepg.tv/xmltv/oztivo/YOUR.REGION.gz\?UID\=YOURID\&K\=YOURKEY

My only problem appears to be that it is grabbing the xml data every minute.  I have tried changing the cron job from the default to:

4 1 * * *
4 13 * * *

So far that seems to be working, i'll have to wait until 1.04pm to see if it tries to update or not.

I currently have both the OTA (EIT and PSIP) grabbers enabled as well as the XMLTV, is this the right thing to do or should I totally disable the OTA grabbers?

Edited by Luc1fer
On 7/4/2018 at 9:31 AM, vw-kombi said:

Channel 10 seemed to have been sorted out in the freepg xml data.  It might be worth giving it another go.

IceTV seems to be up to $8 per month, theres no way I'm going to pay that for EPG data regardless of how "nice" it might be.  I'd rather throw money at Freepg as a donation.

IceTV have a full remote service for 8 bucks, but you only need the guide data which is cheaper - save you 3 bucks a month.......

I do agree though.  But with all the TV shows in Aus starting and ending at random times and not when you expect - which changes on a daily basis, I am finding it liberating not having to FF to find the actual TV show I recorded as the FTA guide is working well.  The wife has also commented on this, poress play, show starts.  I lose the new/repeat flags from iceTV (and I assume FreeTV has them also), but I gain real start/end times.  I'm thinking I will hence dump the IceTV guide.  Let me know you you go with the freeTV stuff if you get that working.  Im just keeping a closer eye on the upcoming recordings in TVH - which is easy with the remote app.

Edited by vw-kombi
2 hours ago, vw-kombi said:

IceTV have a full remote service for 8 bucks, but you only need the guide data which is cheaper - save you 3 bucks a month.......

I do agree though.  But with all the TV shows in Aus starting and ending at random times and not when you expect - which changes on a daily basis, I am finding it liberating not having to FF to find the actual TV show I recorded as the FTA guide is working well.  The wife has also commented on this, poress play, show starts.  I lose the new/repeat flags from iceTV (and I assume FreeTV has them also), but I gain real start/end times.  I'm thinking I will hence dump the IceTV guide.  Let me know you you go with the freeTV stuff if you get that working.  Im just keeping a closer eye on the upcoming recordings in TVH - which is easy with the remote app.

So far it appears to be working.  I have kept accurate recording on (EITp/f) as I hope that will mean that I will get the timing accuracy of the OTA EPG with the better content, eg season/episode numbering, of the xmltv guide (I have yet to see how this works).

4 hours ago, alturismo said:

Hi, may a question if anyone knows howto add a fritz satip tuner ?

TVH_ARGS="--satip_xml http://192.168.178.1:49000/satipdesc.xml"

thats what i found wich needs to be added to startup options ?

thanks ahead for an tip

That is if you install tvheadend on Ubuntu. You can pass options to the tvheadend start command by using the variable RUN_OPTS. 

So go to the tvheadend template, add a variable with RUN_OPTS as the variable and the right side of your example as the value. Do not add the " as unraid adds it automatically. 

21 minutes ago, alturismo said:

thanks alot, that worked ;)

may another question, as the fritz only allows 1 stream per ip, so i probably would need to add some subunterfaces for the docker,

may a hint where to start therefore ?

Sorry, I have never used one, so can't help with that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm trying to setup linuxserver/tvheadend container behind a reverse proxy. The docker image let us define an environment  parameter  to specify webroot for reverse proxy "-e RUN_OPTS". The question is what is the syntax to define the RUN_OPTS like "--http_root /tvheadend" in /etc/service.d/tvheadend/run .

What i'm tryin to set up is to acces the web interface at https://<DOMAIN>/tvheadend

Edited by ykmail05