[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend


1209 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 03/03/2017 at 7:17 PM, saarg said:

 

This is most likely something to do with the dvb drivers and not tvheadend I think. 

You updated unraid and it have a new kernel. Did the driver version also change?

 

4 minutes ago, meep said:

So it turns out it may be TVHeadEnd after all.

 

Let this be a lesson to us all....

 

Never work with Swedes..... :P

Link to post
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Application Name: TVHeadend Application Site: https://tvheadend.org/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/tvheadend/ Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-tvheadend

You need to install the driver to use your adapter. Then use /dev/dvb as the path for the device pass through. If you are using 6.9.x I don't know if the permissions are set correctly, so make sure no

You need to configure the grabber you want to use, then run it, then map epg source to the channel. There is a link in the first post to the readme on github which has information about configuring yo

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, meep said:

 

So it turns out it may be TVHeadEnd after all.

 

I reverted to the 4.09 Stable Docker (I had initially installed Default/Latest in which I had the described problem). Immediately, the tuners all showed up as I would expect:
 

58bf2f9519fa7_ScreenShot2017-03-07at22_01_03.png.12634b10a48d8ce9be2ae3a7b9ae7cae.png

 

I ran the Docker update and now I'm on tvheadend 4.1.x. Don't quite understand how that happened but the tuners are still correctly displayed. This is on the latest unRAID DVB 6.3.2 (stock DD drivers);

 

 

58bf2fb43273b_ScreenShot2017-03-07at22_04_36.png.aa61a5c98aad424de70b587b6701ea1e.png

 

 

So I guess the question is, why would the Default/Latest TVH Docker have the problem and the older version dos not?

 

 

 

I guess @CHBMB is excused then 9_9

The latest is a development branch si expect stuff to break now and then. I would post it as a bug on the Tvheadend page so it gets fixed. The tuner is recognized correctly in the stable version and then when you use the same config in the unstable version it doesn't need to scan the adapters, but reads from the config and it works as it should. 

Link to post

may s small question about the digital devices octopus drivers ... from meep.

 

i also switched to an DD Octopus Network Tuner and didnt install any dvb edition or any drivers, its now recognized as network tuner and all is working so far here.

 

Just wondering if it makes sense to use drivers in unraid for external tuners ? faster ? more possibilities ? couldnt imagine this makes sense at all ;)

 

ot did i missunderstand his topic ?

 

this is how my adapters are shown from DD Octopus ..

 

TVAdapters.PNG.d0b3c0ed83791099f651e0691b58a4d3.PNG

Link to post
14 hours ago, saarg said:

 

I guess @CHBMB is excused then 9_9

The latest is a development branch si expect stuff to break now and then. I would post it as a bug on the Tvheadend page so it gets fixed. The tuner is recognized correctly in the stable version and then when you use the same config in the unstable version it doesn't need to scan the adapters, but reads from the config and it works as it should. 

 

Do we know the version of the development build in the docker currently? I don't want to go through the uninstall/reinstall tango but do want to report it correctly to the nice TvHeadEnd people.

 

Thanks

 

Link to post
56 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

 

Tha@meep 4.1-2449~gda583493d (2017-03-03T23:57:08+00:00) 

 

 

 

That doesn't make sense?

 

I had originally installed 'Latest' docker version which didn't work and for which I didn't take a version number.

 

I then deleted the docker and support folder and installed 4.0.9/Stable which worked. Afterwards, there was an update which I applied and I confirmed all tuners were still working. I checked the TVH version at that point and it's as screengrabbed in my post above (same as the version you noted just now).

 

I would have expected the 'latest' nonworking version to be newer?

 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, meep said:

 

That doesn't make sense?

 

I had originally installed 'Latest' docker version which didn't work and for which I didn't take a version number.

 

I then deleted the docker and support folder and installed 4.0.9/Stable which worked. Afterwards, there was an update which I applied and I confirmed all tuners were still working. I checked the TVH version at that point and it's as screengrabbed in my post above (same as the version you noted just now).

 

I would have expected the 'latest' nonworking version to be newer?

 

 

I guess because of this:

Quote

 

The tuner is recognized correctly in the stable version and then when you use the same config in the unstable version it doesn't need to scan the adapters, but reads from the config and it works as it should. 

 

 

 

  0

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, meep said:

 

Do we know the version of the development build in the docker currently? I don't want to go through the uninstall/reinstall tango but do want to report it correctly to the nice TvHeadEnd people.

 

Thanks

 

 

You always find the version in the about tab of tvheadend.

The latest version just grabs the code on github every Friday when the container is refreshed.

Link to post
9 hours ago, alturismo said:

may s small question about the digital devices octopus drivers ... from meep.

 

i also switched to an DD Octopus Network Tuner and didnt install any dvb edition or any drivers, its now recognized as network tuner and all is working so far here.

 

Just wondering if it makes sense to use drivers in unraid for external tuners ? faster ? more possibilities ? couldnt imagine this makes sense at all ;)

 

ot did i missunderstand his topic ?

 

this is how my adapters are shown from DD Octopus ..

 

TVAdapters.PNG.d0b3c0ed83791099f651e0691b58a4d3.PNG

 

There is no reason for installing the dvb plugin since your tuner is a network based one.

The dvb plugin is only for tuners installed in the computer or USB based.

 

Meeps tuners is not sat>IP.

Link to post
1 minute ago, saarg said:

 

You always find the version in the about tab of tvheadend.

The latest version just grabs the code on github every Friday when the container is refreshed.

 

Thanks. That was really my question - I don't want to uninstall my Stable (working) docker, install the 'latest', find the version, uninstall it and reinstall stable. Of course, I'd likely have all that done by now if I'd just started it instead of asking the question  here.

Link to post
1 minute ago, meep said:

 

Thanks. That was really my question - I don't want to uninstall my Stable (working) docker, install the 'latest', find the version, uninstall it and reinstall stable. Of course, I'd likely have all that done by now if I'd just started it instead of asking the question  here.

 

I'm confused. Why would you need to go back and forth?

Link to post
Just now, meep said:

 

Thanks. That was really my question - I don't want to uninstall my Stable (working) docker, install the 'latest', find the version, uninstall it and reinstall stable. Of course, I'd likely have all that done by now if I'd just started it instead of asking the question  here.

Sorry I might have misunderstood what you were asking.  I've just checked though and these are definitely the two version numbers.

 

Stable: 4.0.9-dirty

Latest: 4.1-2449~gda583493d

Link to post
4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

 

Thought it was all working?

 

Mostly jesting there, but...

 

It is all working now but if future docker or TVH updates are going possibly break break things, of something changes in unRaid etc. or I neede to keep on top of the TVH people to address new issues, it's justall getting a bit unstable.

 

Of course, I should just pick a working susyem and stick with it but I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to upgraditis!

 

 

 

Link to post
1 minute ago, meep said:

 

Mostly jesting there, but...

 

It is all working now but if future docker or TVH updates are going possibly break break things, of something changes in unRaid etc. or I neede to keep on top of the TVH people to address new issues, it's justall getting a bit unstable.

 

Of course, I should just pick a working susyem and stick with it but I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to upgraditis!

 

 

 

 

Well, in theory, you can always revert to 4.0.9 to do an install and then jump back on to latest.  This would only be necessary IF you lost your appdata for tvh.   Of course, the really sensible thing would be to file a bug report with tvh so they fix it. ;-)

Link to post
1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

Sorry I might have misunderstood what you were asking.  I've just checked though and these are definitely the two version numbers.

 

Stable: 4.0.9-dirty

Latest: 4.1-2449~gda583493d

 

And that's key to my question here....

 

I installed the 4.0.9 Stable version of this Docker. On my Docker page, an available update was show. I upgraded. Now my TVH reports v4.1.2449

 

Is this expected behaviour?

 

Furthermore, this 4.0.9->4.1.2449 install it works for me whereas installing what I would understand to be the same version directly does not?

 

That's the confusing bit.

Link to post
1 minute ago, meep said:

 

Mostly jesting there, but...

 

It is all working now but if future docker or TVH updates are going possibly break break things, of something changes in unRaid etc. or I neede to keep on top of the TVH people to address new issues, it's justall getting a bit unstable.

 

Of course, I should just pick a working susyem and stick with it but I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to upgraditis!

 

 

 

 

You found an edge case, so this is not the normal situation. The latest is very stable. I have never used the stable version I think :)

Link to post

It's a bug to do with how the latest version scans your tuners initially.  

 

When you install stable, it scans, and that info is saved in your appdata, then when you upgrade to latest, that info is already available so the bug doesn't reveal itself.  However if you first install the latest version it does.

Link to post
1 minute ago, meep said:

 

And that's key to my question here....

 

I installed the 4.0.9 Stable version of this Docker. On my Docker page, an available update was show. I upgraded. Now my TVH reports v4.1.2449

 

Is this expected behaviour?

 

Furthermore, this 4.0.9->4.1.2449 install it works for me whereas installing what I would understand to be the same version directly does not?

 

That's the confusing bit.

 

That is caused by what is probably a bug in the latest version detecting your tuners. That works in the stable version and the correct config files is written. When you updated to the latest version, tvheadend just read the tuner configuration from settings and it therefore works.

 

I have no idea why your stable version got updated to latest. The tag should be persistent. What does your repository box say? linuxserver/tvheadend?

Link to post
4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

It's a bug to do with how the latest version scans your tuners initially.  

 

When you install stable, it scans, and that info is saved in your appdata, then when you upgrade to latest, that info is already available so the bug doesn't reveal itself.  However if you first install the latest version it does.

 

That makes complete sense. Thanks for the clarity and helping me understand!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.