[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

4 hours ago, saarg said:

You used one of the stable tags? You should use release-4.2 for the latest stable. This will update the version if there is something new when we refresh our containers on Fridays. 

Hey, although I had to start again and clear my appdata I'm not all back and running and have used the release-4.2 build that you suggested and everything looks great so thanks for helping me earlier.

4 hours ago, saarg said:

You used one of the stable tags? You should use release-4.2 for the latest stable. This will update the version if there is something new when we refresh our containers on Fridays. 

Hey, although I had to start again and clear my appdata I'm not all back and running and have used the release-4.2 build that you suggested and everything looks great so thanks for helping me earlier.

Hey everyone,  I have a question. I'm using this docker container and everything is working great. Now I tried to setup tvheadend with an nginx reverse proxy. I know that I have to change the --http_root and did that. The Server is now running local on x.x.x.x:9981/tvh. Now I added the nginx server bracket 

location ^~ /tvh {
  proxy_pass http://x.x.x.x:9981;
  proxy_set_header Host $host;
  proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
  proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
}

I can now get to the tvheadend webui but its only loading the header and is always reloading the page like a loop or something. Did I miss anything? Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, xses said:

Hey everyone,  I have a question. I'm using this docker container and everything is working great. Now I tried to setup tvheadend with an nginx reverse proxy. I know that I have to change the --http_root and did that. The Server is now running local on x.x.x.x:9981/tvh. Now I added the nginx server bracket 

location ^~ /tvh {
}

I can now get to the tvheadend webui but its only loading the header and is always reloading the page like a loop or something. Did I miss anything? Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, xses said:

location ^~ /tvh {
}

I don't run tvheadend through RP, so no idea what is wrong.

If you intend to stream through RP, I'm not sure how that will work as HTSP works over port 9982. 

28 minutes ago, saarg said:

I don't run tvheadend through RP, so no idea what is wrong.

If you intend to stream through RP, I'm not sure how that will work as HTSP works over port 9982. 

Hmm... okay so what would be my options to stream Tvheadend with https? Streaming through vpn is not an option in this case cause I would like to use my apple tv to remote connect and its not able to vpn...

8 minutes ago, xses said:

Hmm... okay so what would be my options to stream Tvheadend with https? Streaming through vpn is not an option in this case cause I would like to use my apple tv to remote connect and its not able to vpn...

HTSP and https is not the same if you think it was a typo from me. HTSP is the streaming protocol tvheadend uses. 

You either need to set up a VPN (I'm sure there are VPN clients for Apple TV), or open the ports to the whole world, which I advice not to do unless you want to be hacked. 

Which client are you using on the Apple TV? 

3 hours ago, saarg said:

HTSP and https is not the same if you think it was a typo from me. HTSP is the streaming protocol tvheadend uses. 

You either need to set up a VPN (I'm sure there are VPN clients for Apple TV), or open the ports to the whole world, which I advice not to do unless you want to be hacked. 

Which client are you using on the Apple TV? 

I know you meant HTSP. But i thought that if I use a transcoded stream it would not use the 9982 port. As far as I know the Apple TV is only capable of VPN over (DNS Servers?). Opening ports without Protection is no option.

1 hour ago, xses said:

I know you meant HTSP. But i thought that if I use a transcoded stream it would not use the 9982 port. As far as I know the Apple TV is only capable of VPN over (DNS Servers?). Opening ports without Protection is no option.

It all depends on the client, but you didn't answer that question.

Not so sure whether my inquiry is a docker or a tvheadend issue..... maybe somebody can help......

I am using a Triax TSS400 4channel sat-ip-streamer and tvheadend over docker......

I installed/ran tv headed via:

docker run -d --name="tvheadend" --net="host" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e "PGID"="1000" -e "PUID"="1000" -v "/datastorage/tvheadend/config":"/config":rw -v "/datastorage/recordings/":"/recordings":rw -v "/datastorage/tvheadend/logos":"/logos":rw linuxserver/tvheadend

after tvheadend runs it's configuration, it looks like it did recognize my TSS400, but only 6! services on one MUX..... see attached screenshots.

I tried to redo the Assistant, tried to define my own Network, MUX, ... no success!

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

2 hours ago, speedAmaster said:

Not so sure whether my inquiry is a docker or a tvheadend issue..... maybe somebody can help......

I am using a Triax TSS400 4channel sat-ip-streamer and tvheadend over docker......

I installed/ran tv headed via:

docker run -d --name="tvheadend" --net="host" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e "PGID"="1000" -e "PUID"="1000" -v "/datastorage/tvheadend/config":"/config":rw -v "/datastorage/recordings/":"/recordings":rw -v "/datastorage/tvheadend/logos":"/logos":rw linuxserver/tvheadend

after tvheadend runs it's configuration, it looks like it did recognize my TSS400, but only 6! services on one MUX..... see attached screenshots.

I tried to redo the Assistant, tried to define my own Network, MUX, ... no success!

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Most likely a configuration error, but I can't help you with satip I'm afraid. 

I see you have mounted your own logos. We do supply picons with the image in case you didn't know. 

Hi! Maybe anyone here had successfully downgraded TVH from 4.3 to 4.2?

I have many problems with 4.3 version: not working with iOS and android clients, some clients leave active sessions on server after they disconnected and when trying close that session in GUI, container freezes and I should reboot whole server, because it is unable to kill that container.

I have tried to change repository to 4.2 but it won't downgrade, container giving errors.

Tried change "config" file with one from 4.2 version and delete "caclient" folder (server won't start with this existing) and after changing repository it works, but TVH start rescanning all services and most of channels lost its name and service mapping...

I have more than 300 channels and it is big job to map everything like I want, so I don't want to start from beginning.

Hi all,

it wasn't a configuration issue. I managed to get a full scan and asignment of services by adding one real one (out of my local SAT bouquet) manually and than starting the scan....

Got this approach from some TSS400+TVHeadend forum entries..... So just wanted to share here.

Thanks to the team!

Best

Bernd

37 minutes ago, Voras said:

Hi! Maybe anyone here had successfully downgraded TVH from 4.3 to 4.2?

I have many problems with 4.3 version: not working with iOS and android clients, some clients leave active sessions on server after they disconnected and when trying close that session in GUI, container freezes and I should reboot whole server, because it is unable to kill that container.

I have tried to change repository to 4.2 but it won't downgrade, container giving errors.

Tried change "config" file with one from 4.2 version and delete "caclient" folder (server won't start with this existing) and after changing repository it works, but TVH start rescanning all services and most of channels lost its name and service mapping...

I have more than 300 channels and it is big job to map everything like I want, so I don't want to start from beginning.

I couldn't get a downgrade to work, had to start again sadly.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:09 AM, saarg said:

@saarg I use the tag linuxserver/tvheadend:release-4.2 for my docker. Is there a way to pick an older release of this branch? I've tried linuxserver/tvheadend:release-4.2:152 but that failed.

1 hour ago, ryryonline said:

@saarg I use the tag linuxserver/tvheadend:release-4.2 for my docker. Is there a way to pick an older release of this branch? I've tried linuxserver/tvheadend:release-4.2:152 but that failed.

Not possible. Why do you need an older version? 

9 hours ago, saarg said:

Not possible. Why do you need an older version? 

I've been having some issues with some of my Kodi installs and TVH since the latest update. I was going to check to see if going to an earlier version would fix the issue since I've ruled out many other items. TVH was next on my list.

10 hours ago, ryryonline said:

I've been having some issues with some of my Kodi installs and TVH since the latest update. I was going to check to see if going to an earlier version would fix the issue since I've ruled out many other items. TVH was next on my list.

You can check this link for changes in the stable 4.2 branch. 

https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend/commits/release/4.2

What is the issue? 

Switched from the Tvheadend plugin to this container and noticed that the currently logged in user, the logout button and the available space is not shown next to the ribbons in the webUI. Is this intended or a bug in the current container version?

Edited by Marv