Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

1069 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I updated to Unraid 6.7 but i lost transcoding.
So i revered back to Unraid 6.6.6 and now are working good again.

So, somebody can give me the best place to report that issue?
Others user with PLEX are reporting the same issue in newer version of unraid 6.7 ( Transcoding with VAAPI not working).
 

https://forums.plex.tv/t/cant-get-plex-hw-transcoding-to-work-with-docker-unraid-6-7-0/424489/2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, psycmos said:

I updated to Unraid 6.7 but i lost transcoding.
So i revered back to Unraid 6.6.6 and now are working good again.

So, somebody can give me the best place to report that issue?
Others user with PLEX are reporting the same issue in newer version of unraid 6.7 ( Transcoding with VAAPI not working).
 

https://forums.plex.tv/t/cant-get-plex-hw-transcoding-to-work-with-docker-unraid-6-7-0/424489/2

 

Why are you posting in the tvheadend thread if you have issues with plex?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, saarg said:

 

Why are you posting in the tvheadend thread if you have issues with plex?

Sorry, i'm using TVheadend but i found other reports with plex saying the same issue like me in TVH after update to 6.7.
To get transcoding working again in TVH i need revert back to unraid 6.6.6 and it comes working again.
I found it interesting to share PLEX too, to report that not happen only in TVH

Edited by psycmos

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, psycmos said:

Sorry, i'm using TVheadend but i found other reports with plex saying the same issue like me in TVH after update to 6.7.
To get transcoding working again in TVH i need revert back to unraid 6.6.6 and it comes working again.
I found it interesting to share PLEX too, to report that not happen only in TVH

You need to explain what is happening in TVheadend and not plex.

This has most likely nothing to do with the container. Probably something with unraid.

Please don't post multiple places about the same issue. The correct place for tvheadend unraid issues are in this thread, not github.

 

So please provide info about how this is set up and logs from unraid and tvheadend.

Does the same thing happen in plex for you?

Do you see the /dev/dri device inside the container and what is the permissions in both unraid and container.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, saarg said:

You need to explain what is happening in TVheadend and not plex.

This has most likely nothing to do with the container. Probably something with unraid.

Please don't post multiple places about the same issue. The correct place for tvheadend unraid issues are in this thread, not github.

 

So please provide info about how this is set up and logs from unraid and tvheadend.

Does the same thing happen in plex for you?

Do you see the /dev/dri device inside the container and what is the permissions in both unraid and container.

 

I can confirm that's an Unraid issue because other topics that's are opened at this forum.
My setup is J4105M (Board with processor).
_______________________________________________________________________________
My Configs for transcoding at TVheadend:
syslinux.cfg:

label unRAID OS

menu default

kernel /bzimage

append pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot



At file Flash/Config/GO i used

#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding

modprobe i915

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

In DOCKER TVHEADEND use [ --device=/dev/dvb --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri] under extra parameters
_______________________________________________________________________________________
I can see the device i915 v1.6.0 (/dev/dri/renderD128).
I think i will move this issue to General support because other users report this too in Unraid 6.7

About unraid logs,  how can i get it?

 

Capturar33.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

here its looking all good with hw transcoding, tested in tvh and plex, just as note.

 

unraid 671, i7 8700, intel gpu, 

HTS Tvheadend 4.3-1795~g771dfd6be

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, psycmos said:

I can confirm that's an Unraid issue because other topics that's are opened at this forum.
My setup is J4105M (Board with processor).
_______________________________________________________________________________
My Configs for transcoding at TVheadend:
syslinux.cfg:

label unRAID OS

menu default

kernel /bzimage

append pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot



At file Flash/Config/GO i used

#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding

modprobe i915

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

In DOCKER TVHEADEND use [ --device=/dev/dvb --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri] under extra parameters
_______________________________________________________________________________________
I can see the device i915 v1.6.0 (/dev/dri/renderD128).
I think i will move this issue to General support because other users report this too in Unraid 6.7

About unraid logs,  how can i get it?

 

Capturar33.PNG

 

Logs are in the diagnostics in tools. Just post the complete diagnostics.zip.

 

Also post the output of ls -al /dev/dri in both unraid and the container.

Share this post


Link to post

I have everything up and running thanks to this post and all the correct configuration , just one small question , how do I access the Picons folder ? I'm new to Unraid and still on the trial period 

 

I can add Picons using URL directly from the internet but I prefer to add them to the local Picons folder 

 

Thanks

Rami

Share this post


Link to post

We add all the icons from `https://www.picons.eu/`

Though if you want to create your own blank set, create an additional mount for `/picons` on the tvheadend container page and point it to your own folder which will allow you to maintain your own icons. This will obviously not use the included icons.

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you

Let me explain what I want to do. I’m good with the Picons included but I’m missing some of the channels since I’m in Egypt and they are not included. How do I add them ?

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Ramiii said:

Thank you

Let me explain what I want to do. I’m good with the Picons included but I’m missing some of the channels since I’m in Egypt and they are not included. How do I add them ?

You would need to add them upstream (picons.eu) so they get picked up by us.

Otherwise, you'll have to re-add them everytime the image updates.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok got it. Now I added a couple directly from the internet. I added the image URL and it worked. How do I send them to picons.ru ?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Ramiii said:

Ok got it. Now I added a couple directly from the internet. I added the image URL and it worked. How do I send them to picons.ru ?

Check their site at https://www.picons.eu/

You'll probably need to submit them via their github.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks again. Sent them on github. I can submit the missing picons for other people to use

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

Having an issue getting tvh to recognize my iptv service ...something that was working before the last update....I get an error Couldn't start streaming /blah blah blah, No assigned adapters

Darned if I can figure out how to assign the IPTV network as the adapter...

I'm obviously missing something too simple for me to find!

Any thoughts out there?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Richie12a said:

Hi

Having an issue getting tvh to recognize my iptv service ...something that was working before the last update....I get an error Couldn't start streaming /blah blah blah, No assigned adapters

Darned if I can figure out how to assign the IPTV network as the adapter...

I'm obviously missing something too simple for me to find!

Any thoughts out there?

 

Which version are you using? Release-4.2 or latest?

You can try to use an earlier tag, which you can find on the docker hub page.

 

IPTV doesn't need an adapter, so something is not as it should.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.