Unable to manually add Plex plugin bundles

Thanks for responding, trurl. See below. Also, I do have the folders named correctly, as they pulled in manually for my Windows (test) instance

unRAID v 6.1.9

Docker (limetech/plex:latest)

Using Windows and trying to put in the plugin folder (\\tower\docker\apps\plexmediaserver\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins)

That path seems correct assuming that is where you have your plex appdata. I use LSIO docker instead of limetech but that shouldn't matter. I have a number of channels installed that way, and the ones that actually work are working for me, though I have found that not all plex channels are maintained by their authors and don't actually work anymore. Typically a channel is just getting a web feed and if the web host changes something the channel has to be changed.

That path seems correct assuming that is where you have your plex appdata. I use LSIO docker instead of limetech but that shouldn't matter. I have a number of channels installed that way, and the ones that actually work are working for me, though I have found that not all plex channels are maintained by their authors and don't actually work anymore. Typically a channel is just getting a web feed and if the web host changes something the channel has to be changed.

Could be a permissions issue as I don't believe that LT's app sets the permissions everytime it runs whereas I believe that lsio does (or did)
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the comments. I got it, but it was not a "owner" issue. When I had created my docker location, I put it on the cache drive, but with Shares in unRAID (using SAMBA) I had the share set to "all" disks. I changed it to cache only, then had to go to where unRAID had auto-placed the bundles (my server's disk 4) and delete them (I used mc, but I'm sure a Windows delete would've worked). I then copied the bundles back to the Plex folder, now only using my cache drive, and am having success.