Permissions issue

Hey all,

Recently set up some user accounts on my server but i am finding that qbittorrent, sickrage, etc seem to "lock" files to the wrong permissions now and i cant copy, rename, etc without first running the new permissions tool every time  a new file is added. Before and after for permissions below.

w72BsUs.png

All the dockers are set to 99:100 for user and group, do i need to be setting it to something different? I just get the error "You need permission from SERVERNAME\nobody to edit this file" whenever i try to do something.

What should i be setting the user and group to to allow everybody read/write permissions?

Might have to dig around. Quick search cant find them in sickrage on qbittorrent.

Super strange this had no issues before with no user accounts, now i add 1, set all shares to private with read/write to that account though it started being an issue :/

Setting the shares to private enables authentication. By default, SAMBA shares that have authentication uses the user who authenticated to perform the file access. A work around is to force all behind the scene access using a single user, typically nobody. then using the other user accounts for authorization.

I have this little snippet in the /boot/config/smb-extra.conf

[global]
    force user = nobody

Tried force user = nobody, now finding Couchpotato cant delete/rename movies and i still have to run new permissions on my desktop share.

So strange, thinking of just turning it all off again and leaving it unprotected if i can, not secure at all but running that utility all the time is such a pain in the as.

Edit after some google, "read only = no" added into smb